No Internet and Telephone for 11 days

Comments and posts about your experience with Exetel
ammartq

No Internet and Telephone for 11 days

Post by ammartq » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:14 pm

Hi,

I was Exetel's loyal customer for 4 years. I stayed with Exetel after moving houses twice and getting new contracts every time. I am very disappointed to know that, after staying with Exetel for so long , Exetel couldn't do enough to solve customer's situation whereby the customer was having highest severity issue (service to the customer down).

I had following issues with Exetel:
1. Not enough speed.
2. Without internet and phone line for 11 days.

1. I have been calling Exetel since many months about the speed that I was getting. Initially I was getting 1.6Mbps and after fine-tuning on Exetel's end (while on phone), it increased to 2.2Mbps. But again it went down to 1.5-1.6Mbps. After calling Exetel number of times, the speed was increased to 1.8-1.9Mbps. After Exetel got it checked by a technician (and he removed rust from the connections), the speed went DOWN to 1.5Mbps. Looks liks having rust was a good thing. I was given the same excuse everytime that there is a lot of noise in my line and it is far away from the exchange, but for some reason after fine-tuning there used to 20-25% improvement for some time. Although Exetel could improve the speed, it couldn't maintain it. Still, I stayed with Exetel.

2. My connection went down. After number of calls to Exetel telling them that I work from home, Exetel could only get a date which was after 11 days, from its supplier for a technician's visit. I work in the technology industry and if our customers go down for an hour, our resources are immediately engaged to get the customer up and running in a day if not few hours. Your customer is down and you couldn't even arrange a backup (a 3g wifi device etc.). The only answer I keep getting was that Exetel cannot do anything because supplier technician is not available. A customer down for 11 days and that's what Exetel could do: NOTHING. A technician did visit on the deadline of 11 days (without calling) and internet started working for 3-4 hours before going down again. According to the technician, he didn't do anything to make it work.

Now compare the above situation to this:
I ordered a service from another provider. Upon delay in setting up my connection, the service provider gave me a wifi internet device free of charge with enough data so that I could work from home. Upon connection, my phone line didn't work, they sent a technician the NEXT MORNING and he fixed it from the exchange. Not only that, my line with "lot of noise" and "far away from the exchange" is now giving me at least 4Mbps speed. I would like to mention here that the new service provider didn't do any changes/fixes at my place.

My question to Exetel management is: do you really believe in retaining your loyal customers and providing them the best of service? If yes, you just lost a loyal customer because you couldn't provide satisfactory level of service!

Regards.

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Re: No Internet and Telephone for 11 days

Post by stevecJ » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:33 pm

ammartq wrote:Hi,

I was Exetel's loyal customer for 4 years. I stayed with Exetel after moving houses twice and getting new contracts every time. I am very disappointed to know that, after staying with Exetel for so long , Exetel couldn't do enough to solve customer's situation whereby the customer was having highest severity issue (service to the customer down).

I had following issues with Exetel:
1. Not enough speed.
2. Without internet and phone line for 11 days.

1. I have been calling Exetel since many months about the speed that I was getting. Initially I was getting 1.6Mbps and after fine-tuning on Exetel's end (while on phone), it increased to 2.2Mbps. But again it went down to 1.5-1.6Mbps. After calling Exetel number of times, the speed was increased to 1.8-1.9Mbps. After Exetel got it checked by a technician (and he removed rust from the connections), the speed went DOWN to 1.5Mbps. Looks liks having rust was a good thing. I was given the same excuse everytime that there is a lot of noise in my line and it is far away from the exchange, but for some reason after fine-tuning there used to 20-25% improvement for some time. Although Exetel could improve the speed, it couldn't maintain it. Still, I stayed with Exetel.

2. My connection went down. After number of calls to Exetel telling them that I work from home, Exetel could only get a date which was after 11 days, from its supplier for a technician's visit. I work in the technology industry and if our customers go down for an hour, our resources are immediately engaged to get the customer up and running in a day if not few hours. Your customer is down and you couldn't even arrange a backup (a 3g wifi device etc.). The only answer I keep getting was that Exetel cannot do anything because supplier technician is not available. A customer down for 11 days and that's what Exetel could do: NOTHING. A technician did visit on the deadline of 11 days (without calling) and internet started working for 3-4 hours before going down again. According to the technician, he didn't do anything to make it work.

Now compare the above situation to this:
I ordered a service from another provider. Upon delay in setting up my connection, the service provider gave me a wifi internet device free of charge with enough data so that I could work from home. Upon connection, my phone line didn't work, they sent a technician the NEXT MORNING and he fixed it from the exchange. Not only that, my line with "lot of noise" and "far away from the exchange" is now giving me at least 4Mbps speed. I would like to mention here that the new service provider didn't do any changes/fixes at my place.

My question to Exetel management is: do you really believe in retaining your loyal customers and providing them the best of service? If yes, you just lost a loyal customer because you couldn't provide satisfactory level of service!

Regards.
Hi,

Could you please PM your service number, enabling me to look in to this for you :?:
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================