PSTN number porting to VoIP

Comments and posts about your experience with Exetel
shraky

PSTN number porting to VoIP

Post by shraky » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:54 pm

I had NBN installed and need to port my existing PSTN number to Exetel VoIP. I provided 10 digits wholesale account number starting with 161 but was rejected. My existing provider TPG is confused because this format number usually works. I wonder what format wholesale account number Exetel after and why Exetel has to ask wholesale account number for number porting? When I ported from Telstra to TPG all I was asked just PSTN number. Thanks

HashiniA
Exetel Staff

Re: PSTN number porting to VoIP

Post by HashiniA » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:35 pm

shraky wrote:I had NBN installed and need to port my existing PSTN number to Exetel VoIP. I provided 10 digits wholesale account number starting with 161 but was rejected. My existing provider TPG is confused because this format number usually works. I wonder what format wholesale account number Exetel after and why Exetel has to ask wholesale account number for number porting? When I ported from Telstra to TPG all I was asked just PSTN number. Thanks
Hello shraky,

Please note that I have checked you service and replied to your nominated email address. The ref: for your case is 7295389. Please reply back to us with the details we requested.