The Exetel 9+ year club!

Comments and posts about your experience with Exetel
Andrew Caswell

Re: The Exetel 9+ year club!

Post by Andrew Caswell » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:00 pm

James

Thank You - the s-word buys a lot of forbearance.

Your once in ten years point is well made - but when you do is, it's a doozy.

The reply earns Exetel their "Benefit of the Doubt". Unless the circumstances change, I consider the matter closed.

Good luck with the recovery and, seriously, if there is anything I can do to assist, I will. Meanwhile, I look forward to another uneventful decade with Exetel.

Regards

Andrew

rooscoota

Post by rooscoota » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:06 pm

ok 10 years today
since: 03/03/04

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:14 pm

rooscoota wrote:ok 10 years today
Thank you for your continued support.

James

thecraw

Post by thecraw » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:03 am

Joined the forum... Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:43 pm ... cant say I have been a prolific poster over the years :P but the service has been great. Still cant find any reason to change...

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:25 pm

thecraw wrote:Joined the forum... Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:43 pm ... cant say I have been a prolific poster over the years :P but the service has been great. Still cant find any reason to change...
Thank you for the kind words:)

offroad

Post by offroad » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:29 pm

I think I must be somewhere near the 'Vintage' club membership too and was an agent there for some part but not any more. Since John Linton's passing Exetel has naturally changed and new management put their stamp on what direction a business heads in. The good old days are gone.

I have to say the new website is 'uncomfortable' - even starting from the home page, this new banner is 'shouting' at you, similar to a security software banner of a dangerous website. I don't find it welcoming and first time visitors might be scratching themselves reading that ? Then there is the content and it's just a big dog's breakfast - no wonder there is this ongoing statement everywhere "if you can't find anything ring us" <GROAN>.

The flow is all wrong and the layout is dreadful and poorly labelled.... reminds me of the awe full Bigpond site where human logic is thrown out the door. Fancy Exetel going from the best most easy to navigate user facilities in the world to the worst in one clean sweep. What were they thinking.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:55 pm

You can obviously see more of the site than I can. I am still waiting to get use out of the user facility. The useful old site is still up at www.exetel.com.au/oldweb/index.php.

To repair the unnecessary jquery/javascript used in coding the new site is not straightforward. but to remove the front page green box, and see the pictures, add to your browser this user css statement: #punchline { display: hidden !important; } The technique varies between browsers, it's a right click item in Opera or a line added to a file with Firefox. See, eg, http://thebarnharts.com/firefoxcssoverride.asp

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:06 am

offroad wrote:I think I must be somewhere near the 'Vintage' club membership too and was an agent there for some part but not any more. Since John Linton's passing Exetel has naturally changed and new management put their stamp on what direction a business heads in. The good old days are gone.

I have to say the new website is 'uncomfortable' - even starting from the home page, this new banner is 'shouting' at you, similar to a security software banner of a dangerous website. I don't find it welcoming and first time visitors might be scratching themselves reading that ? Then there is the content and it's just a big dog's breakfast - no wonder there is this ongoing statement everywhere "if you can't find anything ring us" <GROAN>.

The flow is all wrong and the layout is dreadful and poorly labelled.... reminds me of the awe full Bigpond site where human logic is thrown out the door. Fancy Exetel going from the best most easy to navigate user facilities in the world to the worst in one clean sweep. What were they thinking.
There's an easy solution to your problem......

daptokid

Post by daptokid » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:35 pm

James wrote:
offroad wrote:I think I must be somewhere near the 'Vintage' club membership too and was an agent there for some part but not any more. Since John Linton's passing Exetel has naturally changed and new management put their stamp on what direction a business heads in. The good old days are gone.

There's an easy solution to your problem......
and that would be? Not sure that I like the tone of the response - hardly addressing the issue raised which quite frankly has upset many loyal customers such as myself also one of the almost 10 year veterans

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:25 pm

I think that would be "don't use it" or "churn away". I moved to bigpond cable (non NBN area) just short of my 10 years with Exetel and so far am LOVING the speeds etc. Sooo much better than my old ADSL that dropped out at the sneeze of a butterfly in Cambodia. I've kept my VOIP and mobile with Exetel as I have no issues with these services and they work great and are low cost. If the new ADSL plans were available to existing users, I probably would have stuck with Exetel for my main home service, but the faster speeds, extra downloads and the ability to ditch the phone line altogether means that I offset the extra cost of Bigpond by saving on the phone line rental etc.

Gob

Post by Gob » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:48 am

James wrote: Thank you for your feedback on our new website, and questioning the continued viability of Exetel.

Exetel is sorry for the inconvenience caused to you for your usage issue, however in your ten years has this ever happened before? I doubt it, so why not give us the benefit of the doubt.....

James Linton
Director - Corporate Sales
Personally I find this response quiet offensive and somewhat arrogant.
WHAT is there to "Give the benefit of Doubt"
There has been a MASSIVE stuff up, In both Website, and Portal Design, Horrible!
Stuff up in execution of supposed Improvements.
Stuff up in Notification to clients
Stuff up in confidence of clients
Stuff up in Costing client's, (including myself) Excess Usage Fee's. In my case in excess of $100
Stuff up in expecting people should just forgive and forget. Has/was there been advice broadcast to clients advising/apologising for any of the above Stuff ups. I think not!!!

I too have been with Exetel so long I have no idea exactly how long, I was an agent and recommend to friends and family, absolutely no more of that.

Perhaps Exetel should really think about the below and work out how they May be able to fix this!
1560409_10152144747914961_1800097514_n.jpg
1560409_10152144747914961_1800097514_n.jpg (50.27 KiB) Viewed 5183 times

daptokid

Post by daptokid » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:21 pm

Gob wrote:
James wrote: Thank you for your feedback on our new website, and questioning the continued viability of Exetel.

Exetel is sorry for the inconvenience caused to you for your usage issue, however in your ten years has this ever happened before? I doubt it, so why not give us the benefit of the doubt.....

James Linton
Director - Corporate Sales
Personally I find this response quiet offensive and somewhat arrogant.
WHAT is there to "Give the benefit of Doubt"
There has been a MASSIVE stuff up, In both Website, and Portal Design, Horrible!
Stuff up in execution of supposed Improvements.
Stuff up in Notification to clients
Stuff up in confidence of clients
Stuff up in Costing client's, (including myself) Excess Usage Fee's. In my case in excess of $100
Stuff up in expecting people should just forgive and forget. Has/was there been advice broadcast to clients advising/apologising for any of the above Stuff ups. I think not!!!

I too have been with Exetel so long I have no idea exactly how long, I was an agent and recommend to friends and family, absolutely no more of that.

Perhaps Exetel should really think about the below and work out how they May be able to fix this!
1560409_10152144747914961_1800097514_n.jpg
In all the years that his father was at the helm Gob I have never seen such a sarcastic and dismissive response (not yours btw :-) ). Oh, how things have changed