NO CHEAP ADSL 2 FOR YOU

Comments and posts about your experience with Exetel
pauls

NO CHEAP ADSL 2 FOR YOU

Post by pauls » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:40 pm

Why is it that I have been a customer for about 5 years
Yet exetel are offering cheap ADSL2 plans to NEW customers and not the regulars?
I have ADSL1 and VOIP and have had for 5 years
I want ADSL 2 and VOIP but have to sign up for the $50/50g ADSL2 Plan, not the $39/50g offered to new customers,
and have to pay $20 changeover :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Or I can cancel my plan that I have now,wait 16 days without internet or VOIP so my new cheap plan
can go through the system :( :( :( :shock: :shock: :shock:
And in September 2013 was told that the NEW OLD REGULAR MEMBERS plan was coming in 2 months
Well folks, Christmas has been and gone and I still pay $58 for ADSL 1 and no cheap adsl 2 yet :(

Great Member Incentive Hey :( :( :( :( :( :(

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: NO CHEAP ADSL 2 FOR YOU

Post by Dazzled » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:24 pm

This has been covered already in other threads. The Exetel management has explained that the current new customer offer is a requirement of the wholesaler.

There have often been deals available at particular times which could not be taken up by those on contracts. If plans were available for all, unchanged for long terms, they would probably end up a lot dearer for all, a bit like Telstra. There have been new customer only deals before too.

There are wholesaler plan differences as well; if you are unfortunately on a TW only exchange, like Calliope, there is less choice.

Mandy
Exetel Staff

Post by Mandy » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:33 pm

pauls wrote:Why is it that I have been a customer for about 5 years
Yet exetel are offering cheap ADSL2 plans to NEW customers and not the regulars?
I have ADSL1 and VOIP and have had for 5 years
I want ADSL 2 and VOIP but have to sign up for the $50/50g ADSL2 Plan, not the $39/50g offered to new customers,
and have to pay $20 changeover :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Or I can cancel my plan that I have now,wait 16 days without internet or VOIP so my new cheap plan
can go through the system :( :( :( :shock: :shock: :shock:
And in September 2013 was told that the NEW OLD REGULAR MEMBERS plan was coming in 2 months
Well folks, Christmas has been and gone and I still pay $58 for ADSL 1 and no cheap adsl 2 yet :(

Great Member Incentive Hey :( :( :( :( :( :(

Hi,

The new plans listed on the Exetel website are for new customers only as this is what we have negotiated with our wholesale supplier. As you can imagine we are very keen on getting such offers to our existing customers, however there are a number details relating to these plans that are complicating matters and so we’re asking for your patience a little longer.

Unfortunately it is not a simple process of ‘switching’ existing customers across. Please understand that there are a number of factors involved that are complicating matters, but we realise it’s in our best interests to get these plans to our existing customers and so we are trying to make sure this is resolved as quickly as possible.

Regards
Mandy

pauls

Post by pauls » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:07 pm

So what is a TW only exchange, like Calliope,
I Live at Beecher where I have been told by your website has ADSL 2 Available :D :D
And a mate has got ADSL2 who lives in the area as well :)
Next excuse dazzeled :shock: :shock: :shock: :(

Als I am not on a contract and haven't been for at least 2 yrs, and no offers of ADSL 2 have been
sent to my emails by anyone there :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :( :( :( :(

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:48 pm

No excuses offered pauls. TW=Telstra Wholesale,who are still offering ADSL2 connections if your line is accepted by them as suitable. But if only TW is at the location, you can only select plans based on that supplier.

There are other plans that are supplied through Optus, for example, at various exchanges. Some are only for new customers.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:14 am

pauls wrote:So what is a TW only exchange, like Calliope,
I Live at Beecher where I have been told by your website has ADSL 2 Available :D :D
And a mate has got ADSL2 who lives in the area as well :)
Next excuse dazzeled :shock: :shock: :shock: :(

Als I am not on a contract and haven't been for at least 2 yrs, and no offers of ADSL 2 have been
sent to my emails by anyone there :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :( :( :( :(
You can move to an ADSL2+ plan in your members area.

pauls

Post by pauls » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:45 am

Sorry James, I can't join any ADSL 2 plans in my members area because there are none there on the members site. :shock: :(
If there were I would have joined already, unless I am looking in the wrong spot!!!
Or in fact they have finally added the new ones at the cheap new only members price
And to dazzeled I do not live in a major capital but live in the normal areas where Optus coverage is absolute shit and there is no optus lines, so we only get Telstra

Bellag
Exetel Staff

Post by Bellag » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:38 am

When you log into the members area, select "Manage services" (on to your left) --> "ADSL/Fibre" (from the drop down) --> "Change service" (from the top)

If you are still unable to see plan change options, kindly PM us your telephone number so we could look into it further.

pauls

Post by pauls » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:09 am

Tell me how to post a screen shot here and I'll even show you my options

Bellag
Exetel Staff

Post by Bellag » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:52 am

We have received your service number, Thank you!

We will further investigate on the availability of ADSL2+ plan change options for your number and send the information across shortly via reference ID 7530950.

pauls

Post by pauls » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:33 am

So I paid the money and now I am suppose to be getting ADSL2+ :D :D :D :D :D :D
How do I know that I have been upgraded????????
Does my speed increase as at the moment it is 1.30 Mbps at 930 am
This is what I was getting on a good day with ADSL1 and .89 Mbps on a bad day

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:57 am

The speed is line dependent, just as for ADSL1.

Make sure your modem is set to auto modulation, and it should set itself to ADSL2. An easy way of detecting the new setup is to look at the upload rate determined for the line by the modem.

Could you post the modem line status figures (rates, noise margins, attenuations)?

pauls

Post by pauls » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:31 am

Huh????????
Dazzled wrote:Could you post the modem line status figures (rates, noise margins, attenuations)?
Ahhhh
Dazzled wrote:look at the upload rate determined for the line by the modem

Sorry not a techo, :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :( :( :(

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Post by ShaminG » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:20 pm

So I paid the money and now I am suppose to be getting ADSL2+ :D :D :D :D :D :D
How do I know that I have been upgraded????????
Speed change is yet to be completed from our wholesale supplier end. I have asked our provisioning team to update you in this regard.

Once the changes have been completed, we could expect an improvement speed (hopefully). This will depend on the factors such as the distance from exchange, copper quality.

Waughy

Post by Waughy » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:04 pm

So which plan did you get pauls? Did you get the offerings new customers get, or settle for what is available to existing customers (not as good price wise)?
I've started shopping around, any hope that the new plans will be offered to existing members is gone for me. I could cancel and rejoin, but not for $99, no thanks, I'll churn away at no cost and start saving my money.