Punished for being a loyal customer - costs more for plans

Comments and posts about your experience with Exetel
Donnamck

Punished for being a loyal customer - costs more for plans

Post by Donnamck » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:33 am

Exetel why do you punish your loyal customers?

I have been a customer for over 7 years, I have accepted your increase of nearly $30 in one foul swoop of my 200gb service in those years.

Now I am hitting hard economical times and want to change my plan and bundle my home phone with it and I get punished for being a loyal customer.

Please tell me how is this fair:

Exisiting cutomer to change to 500gb/m = $20 changing fee + $77.50/m broadband + $25/m phone = $1250 first year then $1230 there after

New customer = $99.99 activation fee + $39.95/m broadband + $20/m phone = $819.39 first year then $719.40 there after

THAT IS A MASSIVE DIFFERENCE OF $510.60 PER YEAR FOR BEING LOYAL. :x :x :x :x :x :x

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Punished for being a loyal customer - costs more for pla

Post by Dazzled » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:43 am

This topic has been well covered in several other threads, eg viewtopic.php?f=24&t=40544.

In a nutshell, Exetel management have explained that they are passing on a deal made at wholesale level that requires new customers to be connected to the carrier. No date has been given when a similar plan will be available for existing customers.

It's not new, over the years disparities have occurred when various wholesale benefits were passed on.

chalkybones

Re: Punished for being a loyal customer - costs more for pla

Post by chalkybones » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:55 pm

Well I believe that customer loyalty is only one way...from the customer to Exetel. It should happen both ways but it doesn't. Many of my friends, who have been with Exetel for over 5 years (I've been 7 years) are quite disappointed in Exetel's treatment of its existing customer base.

I have emailed Exetel numerous times regarding transferring my existing $67.50/month ADSL plan to one of the new plans offered to new customers. I was told last October (2013) that by December 2013 I should be able to take up the offer of a new, cheaper plan that suits my usage far better than what I pay for now.

Well, its April 2014 and despite more emails, Exetel still haven't gotten around to supporting their customers. And lets not mention the mobile phone P.R disaster either...

Its high time that Exetel deliver loyalty to loyal customers and stop paying lip service.