Conned! Z39 plan Gone. NEW a disgrace.

Comments and posts about your experience with Exetel
Post Reply
Gob
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:58 pm
Location: QLD

Conned! Z39 plan Gone. NEW a disgrace.

Post by Gob » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:20 am

The below is an email I have just sent to exetel. However I thought others maybe very interested in this nonsense, I think the email details say it all.
These Companies are making so much money from mobile phones nowadays and then the data and Excess data charges on top, but still they can not give us cheaper rates but much dearer, DOUBLE dearer charges in fact. Effectively 100% price increase. Then told if you don't like it bugger off, oh (and generously) we wont charge you for leaving! ****Really!!
So much for being a loyal customer for around 10 years, and I was an Agent a few years ago too.

This is an email I received tonight at 4/4/14. 5.01PM (Exetel's Email below)
*************************************
I would like to lodge a formal complaint regarding this sudden change you are forcing up me.

1. I’m sure you are required to advise a Minimum of One clear month prior. You have on given 27 Days’ notice!
2. The plan suggested gives me a hell of a lot less for MORE money.
3. As I don’t live in a 4G area, and rarely visit any 4G areas (as there are not very many anyway), AND as Optus has no plans to upgrade the area in kind of near future, this is a complete waste of money to me.
4. The Data limit is nearly halved and as you would see in my usage, I have often used the 5GB and more. So 3GB is just plain stupid.
Also, regarding Excess Data. My February’s excess data, is grossly unfair, being that for 3 week out of the 4, I could not see what the usage was at all. Then when it did become available I was still within limits, then out of the blue a week later after the end of the month, I get an email notifying me that I have this huge excess data bill. On the 24/2/14 I received a SMS saying I was 80% in to my usage, But that was AS OF 4 DAYS Earlier!! And I could still not see anything on your website as it was at best partially working. When I last checked around the 26 or 27 I was still within limits and the 28th I did not use it at all.
How is it OK to hit me with excess fees, when I could not check the data usage and when I could, I was within the limit but your Data usage details where obviously many days behind current?
5. Regular Phone calls are more than halved in the new plan
6. Z39 plan had Unlimited SMS’s this does Not!
7. Z39 MMS’s also included in $2000 value
8. Z39 $100 worth of International calls, new plan nothing!!

This is just wrong and Now your cutting me off my existing plan and trying to sell me something that falls way short of what I have. One would expect you would be at least offering me some UPGRADE, not a DOWNGRADE!

You seriously need to do way better than this!!!!!! This is just quiet disgusting, and then to just simply say if you don’t like it leave! WOW!!
*************************************

EXETELS EMAIL
We wanted to let you know that your current mobile plan: Z39 with the mobile number: 0478?????? will no longer be available as of 1 May 2014 - on this date we will be moving your service to a new plan.

To minimise the impact of this change we have compared your usage to the available plans and found the plan that we believe best suits you.

So that you can compare the new plan for yourself, check out the comparison table below:
Existing plan New plan
Plan name Z39 ExeSim Plus
Service type 3G 4G
Monthly access fee $39.00 $39.99
Included value Unlimited $650.00
Exetel mobile to
Exetel mobile calls 2000 minutes Unlimited
Unlimited SMS Yes Yes
Included data 5000 MB 3000 MB
Contract term Month to Month Month to Month

If you would like to look at the other options, you can login via My Exetel, select services and usage, click manage on 0478??????, select change plan and make your preferred choice.

Of course, if you no longer wish to keep your mobile service with us, we want you to know that you are free to move your service to another provider, or cancel your service via My Exetel any time before 1 May 2014 without penalty.

Regards

mat27777777
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:51 am
Location: Seymour

Re: Conned! Z39 plan Gone. NEW a disgrace.

Post by mat27777777 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:52 am

I too have received this upsetting and disgraceful email from Exetel regarding my mobile plan M15 being no longer available!
Now to go on an even close to equivalent plan i'm expected to pay an increase from $15 a month to $29.99, that's 200% increase and still get 1/3 less downloads a month.
How can this be justified to remove an existing plan that i'm on and don't give me that bullshit about improving services and bulk purchasing and all that crap???
Totally pissed off to be a long standing member of Exetel and now been given this ridiculous ultimatum.
Can anyone verify that its illegal to give less than a months notice to remove a plan? because if it is I will be contacting the Telco Ombudsman to report this asshole of move by this company that is very quickly losing the respect it once had.

mat27777777
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:51 am
Location: Seymour

Re: Conned! Z39 plan Gone. NEW a disgrace.

Post by mat27777777 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:03 pm

According to Exetel's own Terms & Conditions for Mobile plans, http://help.exetel.com.au/Mobile_Terms_ ... _JAN14.php, They need to give 30 days notice to cancel a non-fixed term agreement, as shown below. To the ombudsman....

Cancelling the Service

12.4 If the Agreement is a non-Fixed Term Agreement, Exetel may cancel the Service at any time by giving the Customer at least thirty (30) days' notice.

Gob
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:58 pm
Location: QLD

Re: Conned! Z39 plan Gone. NEW a disgrace.

Post by Gob » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:41 pm

mat27777777 wrote:According to Exetel's own Terms & Conditions for Mobile plans, http://help.exetel.com.au/Mobile_Terms_ ... _JAN14.php, They need to give 30 days notice to cancel a non-fixed term agreement, as shown below. To the ombudsman....

Cancelling the Service

12.4 If the Agreement is a non-Fixed Term Agreement, Exetel may cancel the Service at any time by giving the Customer at least thirty (30) days' notice.

This is correct. Also under standard terms of contract, we have a Monthly contract. Which is what those terms & conditions are referring too. That means it must be one months notice.
Sorry Exetel, you can't screw us this month.
*** Normally one would expect at least a couple of months notice anyway, out courtesy and respect for your clients. ***

Surfn Chick
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:45 pm

Re: Conned! Z39 plan Gone. NEW a disgrace.

Post by Surfn Chick » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:02 pm

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=40960

Just so you know, Here is a link to the post already started in mobile plans.

User avatar
remosha
Exetel Staff
Posts: 266
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:32 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Conned! Z39 plan Gone. NEW a disgrace.

Post by remosha » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:19 pm

Gob wrote:
mat27777777 wrote:According to Exetel's own Terms & Conditions for Mobile plans, http://help.exetel.com.au/Mobile_Terms_ ... _JAN14.php, They need to give 30 days notice to cancel a non-fixed term agreement, as shown below. To the ombudsman....

Cancelling the Service

12.4 If the Agreement is a non-Fixed Term Agreement, Exetel may cancel the Service at any time by giving the Customer at least thirty (30) days' notice.

This is correct. Also under standard terms of contract, we have a Monthly contract. Which is what those terms & conditions are referring too. That means it must be one months notice.
Sorry Exetel, you can't screw us this month.
*** Normally one would expect at least a couple of months notice anyway, out courtesy and respect for your clients. ***

Please refer to: http://help.exetel.com.au/Mobile_Terms_ ... _JAN14.php (Clause 3.2)

daptokid
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:19 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: Conned! Z39 plan Gone. NEW a disgrace.

Post by daptokid » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:47 pm

remosha wrote:
Gob wrote:
mat27777777 wrote:According to Exetel's own Terms & Conditions for Mobile plans, http://help.exetel.com.au/Mobile_Terms_ ... _JAN14.php, They need to give 30 days notice to cancel a non-fixed term agreement, as shown below. To the ombudsman....

Cancelling the Service

12.4 If the Agreement is a non-Fixed Term Agreement, Exetel may cancel the Service at any time by giving the Customer at least thirty (30) days' notice.

This is correct. Also under standard terms of contract, we have a Monthly contract. Which is what those terms & conditions are referring too. That means it must be one months notice.
Sorry Exetel, you can't screw us this month.
*** Normally one would expect at least a couple of months notice anyway, out courtesy and respect for your clients. ***

Please refer to: http://help.exetel.com.au/Mobile_Terms_ ... _JAN14.php (Clause 3.2)

I think you'll find the OP was referring to a NON-Fixed Term Agreement Remosha which quite clearly was covered by Point 12.4 in the T&C so your directing readers of this forum to variations applicable to Fixed Term Agreements is somewhat disingenuous at best.

Post Reply