Punished for being with Exetel since 2008...

Comments and posts about your experience with Exetel
megb6806

Punished for being with Exetel since 2008...

Post by megb6806 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:30 pm

Please judge for yourself:

Here is my current plan:
ADSL2 $75.00 (60 GB peak, 180 GB offpeak, free local and national calls, no 13 number calls, line rental)
Mobile 1: Optus Sim card, CAP 35 Plan, $35.00/m (Includes $440 credit/m, 1GB data)
Mobile discount of $15/m (discount applies because Mobile 1 is bundled)
Mobile 2: Extra Optus Sim card, M15 Plan, $15/m (includes $500 credit/m, 1.5GB data

Monthly Pay:$110 per month

NEW PLAN: $60 plan change
ADSL2 $49.99 (500GB, line rental)
Exechat: $9.99 (includes free local, national, 13 numbers), Calls to mobiles are charged.
Mobile 1: ExeSim Value $29.99 ($500 credit, 1.0 GB data)
Mobile 2:ExeSim Value $29.99 ($500 credit, 1.0 GB data)

Monthly Pay:$119.96 per month

I still have to pay the $60 plan change for the privilege of being an Exetel customer, they are decreasing the data amount on my mobile, I will be on 12 months contract.

I don't see the logic in this....whats going on???

megb6806

Re: Punished for being with Exetel since 2008...

Post by megb6806 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:16 pm

basically I am not complaining about not getting value for money, I do understand bussiness is tough nowadays and that better deals are often for new customers, that's fair enough from me. But if I don't do nothing, Exetel will change my mobile plan and my monthly payment will increase without me accepting the offer. So its basically take it or leave.

Bellag
Exetel Staff

Post by Bellag » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:26 pm

On our higher priced ADSL plans we can absorb the cost of switching you over to a higher value plan over the life of your contract. However, as our lower cost plans are amongst the most competitive rates in the market for ADSL plans with ANYTIME downloads, FREE uploads and a short 12 MONTH contract we need to charge a $59.99 Plan Change Fee to cover the cost of switching your plan and providing access to these benefits.

With regards to the new mobile plans, we believe that they are priced against the other market competitors in the 4G mobile marketplace. We do appreciate your feedback, and we understand that you are not satisfied with the new plan pricing and structure for your mobile service, unfortunately the options outlined in the email notification are the only options we can provide you at the moment.

megb6806

Post by megb6806 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:32 pm

I will be happy to stay with Exetel if you waive the change fee.

mayday175

Post by mayday175 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:59 am

Bellag wrote:... we need to charge a $59.99 Plan Change Fee to cover the cost of switching your plan ...
Really? $60 for changing a download allowance? I remember when plan changes used to be free; then for a small fee (particularly for plan changes which did not required an alteration to line speed, just to the download allowance). I understand that work is required to process a plan change, and that work costs money... but $60 to change a few bits in a database?

In my particular case, no involvement of the wholesale carrier is required... you cannot switch me to another carrier in order to pass on the better plan rate because there is no alternate carrier at my local regional exchange. I'm stuck with Telstra Wholesale's exorbitant prices... (until NBN activate their wireless tower just down the road). The only work that needs to be done is to change my account settings in your systems... and that's gunna cost $60?! I consider this cost unusually high; it'd take 6 months for the new cheaper plan to pay back this fee.

Forgive my suspicions, but I smell a conspiracy theory (ie. marketing plan)... I feel like I'm being corralled towards plans that increase my minimum monthly spend, even though I don't want/need the massively increased download allowance.

As per the OP, I've been a long term customer and have multiple services with Exetel. I too request the change fee be waived/reduced/rebated for loyal customers... I would like to continue to be a loyal customer for many more years.

Gob

Post by Gob » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:31 pm

I just read this a short while ago and then was looking at some of the other post's from recently.

I thought this was worth a mention in your thread.
The BOLDED sentence is most amusing. HAHA. LOL
Founded by John Linton and operated by the Linton Family we are different from other telco companies. We believe in putting our customers needs first. We try to make things simple, and to cut through red tape and BS to make sure our customers get what they want. Without hassle.
Good luck, I'm bailing. Had enough after 10 years and most recently getting kicked in the teeth!