Double Standards for Exetel...

Comments and posts about your experience with Exetel
Sponge

Double Standards for Exetel...

Post by Sponge » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:30 pm

I was recently forced to change my internet data plan by exetel as they cancelled many of their previously available plans.
The plan was changed on the 28th of June however this plan has little data so I requested to be changed to the 1TB per month plan.
I have already used all the data and am now on dial up speed but they are unable to change the plan.
Upon requesting the change to 1TB per month they said that "Exetel will not be able to amend the plan change date as requested.The new plan will effect from 14th of July onwards."
How can exetel change it on the 28th, but I am told it is impossible to change till the next billing period (14th of July). I told them I do not mind paying the extra $13 to change it now but instead I think they would rather me buy data at $1.50/GB.
Anyway I feel disappointed as a customer of over 8 years with Exetel. I am told on the phone "impossible" without much more of an explanation. Exetel is able to change the plan halfway through the billing period but I am unable to do the same (with the offer of more money too).

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Double Standards for Exetel...

Post by KavindaS » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:55 pm

Sponge wrote:I was recently forced to change my internet data plan by exetel as they cancelled many of their previously available plans.
The plan was changed on the 28th of June however this plan has little data so I requested to be changed to the 1TB per month plan.
I have already used all the data and am now on dial up speed but they are unable to change the plan.
Upon requesting the change to 1TB per month they said that "Exetel will not be able to amend the plan change date as requested.The new plan will effect from 14th of July onwards."
How can exetel change it on the 28th, but I am told it is impossible to change till the next billing period (14th of July). I told them I do not mind paying the extra $13 to change it now but instead I think they would rather me buy data at $1.50/GB.
Anyway I feel disappointed as a customer of over 8 years with Exetel. I am told on the phone "impossible" without much more of an explanation. Exetel is able to change the plan halfway through the billing period but I am unable to do the same (with the offer of more money too).
I have sent this to our sales department for further review. They will get back to you if any possible changes as you have mentioned.

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:31 pm

Not sure if it's a joke, just received this email
This is your Exetel ADSL usage notification email. Note that there are 9 days left in this month's usage cycle.

Service Number --------------
Peak usage of your allocated allowance 51.24GB
Peak percentage usage this month 102%
Offpeak usage of your allocated allowance 129.52GB
Off peak percentage usage this month 259%

Followed by a massive picture telling me how to buy more data for $1.50/GB

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:19 pm

Sponge wrote:Not sure if it's a joke, just received this email
This is your Exetel ADSL usage notification email. Note that there are 9 days left in this month's usage cycle.

Service Number --------------
Peak usage of your allocated allowance 51.24GB
Peak percentage usage this month 102%
Offpeak usage of your allocated allowance 129.52GB
Off peak percentage usage this month 259%

Followed by a massive picture telling me how to buy more data for $1.50/GB
This appears to be a automated notification to advise you that you have gone over your monthly usage quota.

dsc68

Post by dsc68 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:15 am

I have also received the same email saying that I have used most of my quota even though my forced plan change doesn't apply until the next billing cycle. If I get rate limited, I will be pretty pissed off as my current plan has plenty of quota remaining.

Exetel, your customer service is a joke. Please fix this screw up.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:23 am

dsc68 wrote:I have also received the same email saying that I have used most of my quota even though my forced plan change doesn't apply until the next billing cycle. If I get rate limited I will be pretty pissed of as my current plan has plenty of quota remaining.

Exetel, your customer service is a joke. Please fix this screw up.
Please go through the e-mail you were sent about the change as it states that the change will apply from a particular date.

dsc68

Post by dsc68 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:43 am

No, it does not mention the date the change will be applied.

Code: Select all

Dear dsc68,

Thank you for submitting a plan change request for your current Exetel Broadband service.

Here are the details for your new Broadband bundle plan.

Service number:	07xxxxxxxxx
New plan name:	100 GB Broadband with phone line rental
Download allowance:	50 GB Peak / 50GB Off Peak per month
Monthly Broadband plan cost:	$54.00
Monthly phone line rental cost:	$25.00
Add-Ons:	N/A
Total monthly cost:	$79.00
Plan change fee:	$0.00 once off
Total minimum cost:	$79.00
Contract term:	Month-to-month
Early termination charge:	Not Applicable
Peak : 09.00 am to 01.00 am / Off Peak : 01.00 am to 09.00 am
Please take the time to read the following IMPORTANT Plan change terms and conditions:

The total minimum cost is calculated on the month to month contract term and comprises the monthly Broadband plan cost + monthly phone line rental cost + optional add-on features if selected for 1 month and the once-off plan change fee.
ADSL2+ Service speeds are up to 20,000/800kbps Download/Upload. This depends on what ADSL Service is available on your phone line from our wholesale supplier. Where ADSL2+ is not available, we will connect the fastest ADSL1 speed possible for your phone line from your local exchange, up to 8,000/384kbps Download/Upload. In some cases we may reject your order if ADSL2+ or ADSL1 services are not available from your local exchange.
Once monthly data download allowance is reached your speed will slow to 128/64kbps until your next billing cycle starts.
During the transfer process, of your phone line, it is required that any 'complex services' such as additional features like fax-duet, rotary function and secondary numbers need to be removed prior to any transfer attempt in order to minimise any difficulties during the transfer process.
All new plans are bundled plans (ADSL + phone line rental) only.
Moving to a plan listed on the My Exetel page will trigger a plan change fee (if applicable) which will be debited from your account along with the monthly plan cost.
Any plan change made will not come into effect, in terms of downloads or reduced or increased monthly plan costs, until your next billing cycle. Any change in speed may not come in to effect up until the fourth working day of the month depending on the plan requested.
Plan Changes need to be submitted two clear business days before your next billing date in order to be processed in your new billing cycle.
For further information, please see the Critical Information Summary for new customers. Please note that this contains information that is not applicable to you:

"Broadband Line Activation Charge."
"Monthly Charges": The total minimum costs over contract term are for new customers and you will need to remove the Line Activation Charge to obtain the accurate pricing. The total minimum cost applicable to you is listed in the body of this webpage.
"Plan Changes"
All other information contained within is applicable.

Click here to view the Critical Information Summary

Click here to view the Broadband & Phone Terms and Conditions

Kind regards,

Exetel Residential Sales Team.

Main: 1300 393 835 - Option 1
Email: residentialsales@exetel.com.au
It does say:
Any plan change made will not come into effect, in terms of downloads or reduced or increased monthly plan costs, until your next billing cycle.
The forced plan change was due to be implemented on 8th July. I requested an alternate plan on 18th June to be implemented on the next billing cycle. Instead, the plan change has been implemented for the current billing cycle and my new quota backdated to the 14th June, even though I was charged and paid for my existing plan to the 31st July.

Mandy
Exetel Staff

Post by Mandy » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:09 pm

Hi,

As per the conversation that was held, hope your query has been resolved.

Regards
Mandy