NBN connection timeframe

Comments and posts about your experience with Exetel
AlexGr

NBN connection timeframe

Post by AlexGr » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:45 am

I applied for NBN service on Friday October 16th. On monday, I received a message with my account details, and after that I contacted Provision regarding my internet connection status. I was informed and assured that my internet service will be active by Tuesday morning 20th October. On Tuesday around 13:00 a contacted Provision and this time I was told that I will be connected within another three days (by Friday 23rd), and "Openetworks" (the wholesaler) was to blame for all delays. After that, I contacted "OpeNetworks", and was told that they did everything from their side, and everything depends on Exetel now. According to "Openetworks" the connection was supposed to be provided by Tuesday evening the latest, since I applied for it on Friday. After that I called Exetel provision again at 16:00, however this time they told me that they provide internet only within ten working days, so i should expect my NBN service only next week (isn't it a time frame for connection ADSL services???) After such responses i get an impression that there is completely no communication within organisation.
Can someone please explain me whats happening, and tell me when my service will actually be provided? Why every time i contact provision, my connection time gets longer?
It is clearly outlined on the Eextel web site that connection timeframe is 1-2 business days if both internal and external boxes are installed ( which are installed, and there are no problems with the lines). Furthermore, on OpeNetworks website it is clearly stated, that connection is supposed to be provided within 3 days from application to RSP. Due to my job specifications, it is extremely important for me that my service will be provided within advertised timeframe. :(

angelos
Exetel Staff

Re: NBN connection timeframe

Post by angelos » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:56 pm

AlexGr wrote:I applied for NBN service on Friday October 16th. On monday, I received a message with my account details, and after that I contacted Provision regarding my internet connection status. I was informed and assured that my internet service will be active by Tuesday morning 20th October. On Tuesday around 13:00 a contacted Provision and this time I was told that I will be connected within another three days (by Friday 23rd), and "Openetworks" (the wholesaler) was to blame for all delays. After that, I contacted "OpeNetworks", and was told that they did everything from their side, and everything depends on Exetel now. According to "Openetworks" the connection was supposed to be provided by Tuesday evening the latest, since I applied for it on Friday. After that I called Exetel provision again at 16:00, however this time they told me that they provide internet only within ten working days, so i should expect my NBN service only next week (isn't it a time frame for connection ADSL services???) After such responses i get an impression that there is completely no communication within organisation.
Can someone please explain me whats happening, and tell me when my service will actually be provided? Why every time i contact provision, my connection time gets longer?
It is clearly outlined on the Eextel web site that connection timeframe is 1-2 business days if both internal and external boxes are installed ( which are installed, and there are no problems with the lines). Furthermore, on OpeNetworks website it is clearly stated, that connection is supposed to be provided within 3 days from application to RSP. Due to my job specifications, it is extremely important for me that my service will be provided within advertised timeframe. :(
Firstly, apologies for the inconvenience caused to you and I hope I will be able to help you.

Please PM me your service number or customer ID so I could take a look into this and advise you accordingly.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:54 pm

PM received. I am in the process of getting this checked with our activations team. I will get back to you soon.

AlexGr

Post by AlexGr » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:42 pm

More drama with my connection.
The service finally was activated by 14:00 (Thanks to Angelos). You can not imagine how happy I was. I spent the rest of the day trying to connect to internet using all available to me options : Wi Fi router, Powerline adaptor, PS4 console, finally my laptop strait to the box. Useless… Internet just did not seem to be there… After 3 calls to Support they finally admit that there is probably some problems with connection. This time I've been told that they will try to resolve it within next 48 hours.
more wait…. again??? :?

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:48 pm

AlexGr wrote:More drama with my connection.
The service finally was activated by 14:00 (Thanks to Angelos). You can not imagine how happy I was. I spent the rest of the day trying to connect to internet using all available to me options : Wi Fi router, Powerline adaptor, PS4 console, finally my laptop strait to the box. Useless… Internet just did not seem to be there… After 3 calls to Support they finally admit that there is probably some problems with connection. This time I've been told that they will try to resolve it within next 48 hours.
Reply back to this thread, confirming the ticket reference number given by the support engineer. We will anyway followup with the supplier and update you accordingly. Apologies for the inconvenience.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:50 am

AlexGr wrote:More drama with my connection.
Apologies again for what seems another issue you are facing.

It appears a fault has been raised to the wholesaler under the reference number 9540321. You will be updated via the usual methods on what is going on with this service issue.

AlexGr

Post by AlexGr » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:02 am

Thank you

AlexGr

Post by AlexGr » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:15 am

I think the issue have resolved. Tried connecting again today, and it seemed to connect without any problems.
Thank you again for your help.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:19 am

AlexGr wrote:I think the issue have resolved. Tried connecting again today, and it seemed to connect without any problems.
Thank you again for your help.
That's great news. :)

However we are still waiting for an update from our Supplier's end. I will check with them and confirm if something was done in this regard and let you know via the escalated service issue itself.

AlexGr

Post by AlexGr » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:05 pm

once again.. no connection

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:24 pm

AlexGr wrote:once again.. no connection
I can see the connection online. Please let us know if it is not online or dropping out so we can investigate further.

AlexGr

Post by AlexGr » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:18 pm

Ok.. this is horrible… just incredibly horrible. I've literally spent last 3 days on the phone.
The only way i can connect to internet is by directly plugging my laptop to the NBN box. No other device recognises the internet connection.
I've tried
1)PS4 console ("can not find IP address "
2) Powerline adaptors (do not even open setup website, like it is not connected to wire at all) internet light is off
3)Dlink router (do not even open router setup website, like it is not connected to wire at all) internet light is off
4) another Dlink router (do not even open router setup website, like it is not connected to wire at all) internet light is off
5)Netgear router (opens the setup window, however it states that there is no connection to the internet) internet light is red
6) Iphone via thunderbolt (connects, however does not open any websites & does not access any online features.

So, lets begin..

21 October

I was provided with my service. I tried to connect my devices to the network via Powerline adaptors. After unsuccessful attempts i called Support and was informed that I need to use a proper Router modem in order to use network (which is quite strange, because i had great experience using them before).
Anyhow, I went to the store, and got me a new Dlink modem. After some unsuccessful attempts (my router does not see any internet connection) I contacted exetel support, hoping that they can help me. So i spent quite a while explaining my problems then a bit on hold, then standard procedures like : "check if your cable inserted correctly" "turn off then turn on", and then tried different modem configurations. In the end i was advised that support cannot help me, and that I should contact Dlink support. Time on the phone around 1 hour 30 min.

So now i call Dlink support. Long story short: 1,5 hours on the phone, still no connection, went to the retailer and changed my router for another model of dlink. Some more unsuccessful attempts (the router still does not see any internet connection), and i call Dlink support again. this time just one hour on the phone and I get advised that there must me some issues with the provision.

I call exetel support now. Aprox 1 hour of explanations, and standard procedures: "check if your cable inserted correctly" "turn off then turn on", and then trie different modem configurations. So they put me on hold, and in 5 min i was just disconnected.I do not think that this was on purpose, however no one called me back(i waited 10 min). So everything repeats… I call back another hour and a half of explanations and procedures, advises to contact my modem providers and etc.. In the end they take my details and give me ref number of my complaint.

22 October

in the afternoon I receive a text from exetel that my issue was resolved. great? not at all. I tried to connect..unsuccessful. Call exetel support.. and AGAIN EXPLAINING MY ISSUES and standard procedures for a good hour and a half. Again I've been told that there are issues with my router. OK. Maybe there is wrong with the Dlink, i thought. NOPE. I went to the store and changed my router to Netgear.. got home, and guess what? yes, it does not see the connection. Another hour and a half on the phone with exetel support, again usual checking of the cable etc., again advised that the issue is in the router. This time I call Netgear support.. two hours on the phone, and was told that there are probably some issues with internet provider, or NBN box programming. so.. call Exetell again. one more time i HAVE TO EXPLAIN FROM THE BEGINING all my problems, and have to go through the same routine as Ive been 100 times before. I explained that i used three routers already, and I Finally get another ref number of my complaint.

23 october.
In the morning receive another text, asking to contact exetel support, and confirm that I used the the proper cab els, and that i inserted them correctly. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I've spent 2 days on the phone to get that text? How many times do you think I've confirmed this when i called to support? Nevertheless once again I call exetel support… And prepare.. this was the most epic call of all.
I name my details, explain the situation.. And once again i hear "everything is good from our end, so we cannot help you" i kindly ask for a technician, when he replies "We can not provide you with technician, and anyways, he would not help you with the modem set ups. Buy."
Firstly, what else should i go through to PROVE YOU that I HAVE ISSUES?
Secondly, WHY do i have to prove to provider that DO have issues with a servise that i paid my money for???

Conclusion
Another week without proper internet
$300 spent on modems
3 days lost
huge Phone bill
costs for private technician.

If he concludes that this is not the issue with the router, or that I was just not provided with some setting up info, I'm really considering searching for legal advice, regarding this situation.

Thank you,
Kind regards,
Aleksandr Gromylo.

Kumudh
Forum Admin

Post by Kumudh » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:41 pm

AlexGr wrote: In the morning receive another text, asking to contact exetel support, and confirm that I used the the proper cab els, and that i inserted them correctly. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I've spent 2 days on the phone to get that text? How many times do you think I've confirmed this when i called to support? Nevertheless once again I call exetel support… And prepare.. this was the most epic call of all.
I name my details, explain the situation.. And once again i hear "everything is good from our end, so we cannot help you" i kindly ask for a technician, when he replies "We can not provide you with technician, and anyways, he would not help you with the modem set ups. Buy."
Firstly, what else should i go through to PROVE YOU that I HAVE ISSUES?
Secondly, WHY do i have to prove to provider that DO have issues with a servise that i paid my money for???

Conclusion
Another week without proper internet
$300 spent on modems
3 days lost
huge Phone bill
costs for private technician.

If he concludes that this is not the issue with the router, or that I was just not provided with some setting up info, I'm really considering searching for legal advice, regarding this situation.

Thank you,
Kind regards,
Aleksandr Gromylo.
Dear Aleksandr,

Apologies for the inconvenience cause to you. We will arrange a senior engineer to get in touch with you with regards to this issue.

Regards,
Kumudh

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:03 am

I believe an engineer has got in touch with you and have had your service configured on your router.

If you continue to have/face any further issues please let us know.

AlexGr

Post by AlexGr » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:18 pm

Yes, I can use the serves properly now, thank you very much!!!
I do experience quite frequent dropouts, however I'm not sure whether its my modems fault.. I'll connect my computer directly to the NBN device and will check how it goes over the weekend.

The other thing i wanted to cheek with you.. I wanted to use MoIP service in iPhone 4s, however I'm not sure how to use it. I checked Exetel forum and i found that one of the recommended Apps is Zoiper. I did install it, couldn't find Exetel among providers.. to set up SIP account manually i need to fill in following details:
Account name:
Domain:
User name:
Password:
Caller Id:

Or should i simply contact Support regarding this.
Thank you, again!!!