Not a happy customer!

Comments and posts about your experience with Exetel
pittsy

Not a happy customer!

Post by pittsy » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:04 pm

I have been a long term customer of Exetel with Internet/phone and four mobile accounts. With that I have been a long term advocate for Exetel, recommending them to people looking for an ISP. With the introduction of NBN/FTTN in my area I duly ordered an upgrade to the NBN. Our live date was the 1st of February but as at the time of writing we still do not have the NBN. I have been billed for activation of the NBN but still can only connect to ADSL2. Your helpdesk can only tell me "it is in the hands of our wholesale provider" whenever I ask for an update. ref#9884556
I have performed countless modem resets/reconfigures for you support staff, but it all seems pointless if your wholesale supplier is not doing anything. On the 5th Feb I was advised by support they were arranging a tech visit to sort the issue.... still haven't heard when that is happening, (or perhaps it will be an invisible tech like the one I was told I had to be at home for on the activation date that never showed!)
I still want a clear answer to the question: "If I can still connect to ADSL2 does that mean my copper has not been cut over to an FTTN cabinet?" "Can I be connected to a Dslam and an FTTN cabinet at the same time?" Surely there must be some black and white answers!
If there is anyone from Exetel who can tell me what the real cause/issue is?

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS POST WITH "IT IS IN THE HANDS OF OUR WHOLESALE PROVIDER" I would like some truthful honest answers and an ETA for resolution.

regards
Geoff
Cecil

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Not a happy customer!

Post by KavindaS » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:33 pm

pittsy wrote:I have been a long term customer of Exetel with Internet/phone and four mobile accounts. With that I have been a long term advocate for Exetel, recommending them to people looking for an ISP. With the introduction of NBN/FTTN in my area I duly ordered an upgrade to the NBN. Our live date was the 1st of February but as at the time of writing we still do not have the NBN. I have been billed for activation of the NBN but still can only connect to ADSL2. Your helpdesk can only tell me "it is in the hands of our wholesale provider" whenever I ask for an update. ref#9884556
I have performed countless modem resets/reconfigures for you support staff, but it all seems pointless if your wholesale supplier is not doing anything. On the 5th Feb I was advised by support they were arranging a tech visit to sort the issue.... still haven't heard when that is happening, (or perhaps it will be an invisible tech like the one I was told I had to be at home for on the activation date that never showed!)
I still want a clear answer to the question: "If I can still connect to ADSL2 does that mean my copper has not been cut over to an FTTN cabinet?" "Can I be connected to a Dslam and an FTTN cabinet at the same time?" Surely there must be some black and white answers!
If there is anyone from Exetel who can tell me what the real cause/issue is?

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS POST WITH "IT IS IN THE HANDS OF OUR WHOLESALE PROVIDER" I would like some truthful honest answers and an ETA for resolution.

regards
Geoff
Unfortunately we still have the same response given via https://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.p ... 19#p317219 . We will further followup this and update you as soon as we receive exact update.

pittsy

Post by pittsy » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:47 am

From what I can tell, absolutely no progress has been made with this issue!!! It has now been more than two weeks and support still tell me "it is in the hands of the supplier". Surely your supplier has given you a reason by now! FFS can you escalate this issue to a higher level and get me an ETA for resolution?
Not Happy :evil:
Cecil

pittsy

Post by pittsy » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:17 pm

Things have got worse here now, our ADSL2 is now not working so we have no phone or internet... not good when you rely on the internet for your job Exetel!!!! Your support desk can't even tell me why the ADSL has dropped out now!!!

If there is no explanation and resolution timeframe for connection to the NBN by close of business Monday I will be contacting the TIO. I have emailed your complaints department twice now but have received no explanation or resolution timeframe per your complaints policy.

Looking forward to a meaningful reply, I don't want to know that your wholesale supplier is looking into it, that is all I have heard for nearly THREE WEEKS now..... I want someone at Exetel in Sydney to tell me what is really happening!!!

Not Happy
Cecil

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:56 am

pittsy wrote:Things have got worse here now, our ADSL2 is now not working so we have no phone or internet... not good when you rely on the internet for your job Exetel!!!! Your support desk can't even tell me why the ADSL has dropped out now!!!

If there is no explanation and resolution timeframe for connection to the NBN by close of business Monday I will be contacting the TIO. I have emailed your complaints department twice now but have received no explanation or resolution timeframe per your complaints policy.

Looking forward to a meaningful reply, I don't want to know that your wholesale supplier is looking into it, that is all I have heard for nearly THREE WEEKS now..... I want someone at Exetel in Sydney to tell me what is really happening!!!

Not Happy
As we have informed to you over the phone, we have updated that to the supplier and I have arranged the senior level to follow up during the weekend.

pittsy

Post by pittsy » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:52 am

What can I say, I am numb!...
You booked a tech appointment to sort this issue and not surprisingly your tech was a no show!!! It would have been nice if you had called me to tell me not to bother waiting at home for a tech when they had no intention of coming!
You have billed me for internet and you can't provide it! and you tell me I can't get a rebate due to your failure to provide a service?
You have ported my phone number to VOIP yet I can't use it because we have no internet!
You won't be nice and up the data on my mobile for free to compensate for having no internet, which would have been a nice gesture towards a long term customer.
You have ignored my request for a manager to call me and explain what the problem is!
You have failed to respond adequately to my official complaint by not giving me a resolution timeframe.
This treatment is in no way good customer service.
I have now contacted the TIO for assistance with this issue!
Cecil

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:21 am

pittsy wrote:What can I say, I am numb!...
You booked a tech appointment to sort this issue and not surprisingly your tech was a no show!!! It would have been nice if you had called me to tell me not to bother waiting at home for a tech when they had no intention of coming!
You have billed me for internet and you can't provide it! and you tell me I can't get a rebate due to your failure to provide a service?
You have ported my phone number to VOIP yet I can't use it because we have no internet!
You won't be nice and up the data on my mobile for free to compensate for having no internet, which would have been a nice gesture towards a long term customer.
You have ignored my request for a manager to call me and explain what the problem is!
You have failed to respond adequately to my official complaint by not giving me a resolution timeframe.
This treatment is in no way good customer service.
I have now contacted the TIO for assistance with this issue!
'

Exetel apologies for the inconvenience. We were not informed from the supplier according to no tech visited in your scheduled appointment. This issue is now escalated with the supplier management and we will immediately update you as soon as we receive their update.

pittsy

Post by pittsy » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:13 pm

Three weeks now with no internet, almost six weeks since alleged activation of our NBN.
YOUR WHOLESALE PROVIDER HAS NOW MISSED THREE SCHEDULED APPOINTMENTS IN THE LAST FORTNIGHT! Four missed appointments in total since Feb 1.
Cecil

pittsy

Post by pittsy » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:13 pm

Interesting:
I just called the NBN Co., they have no record of you booking any tech appointments this month!!!! the only record they have was to activate the FTTN service on the 9th February. Please contact me with details of the 3 alleged tech appointment bookings for this month, ie who you booked them with and any reference numbers. And I still want someone from your management in Sydney to call me.
Cecil

devindag
Exetel Staff

Post by devindag » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:46 pm

Exetel apologize for the inconvenience caused. We have passed down the details for a representative from Sydney management to get in touch with you with regards to this.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:42 am

pittsy wrote:Interesting:
I just called the NBN Co., they have no record of you booking any tech appointments this month!!!! the only record they have was to activate the FTTN service on the 9th February. Please contact me with details of the 3 alleged tech appointment bookings for this month, ie who you booked them with and any reference numbers. And I still want someone from your management in Sydney to call me.
The people you talk to at NBN Co don't necessarily have access to confidential information between us and them. This is at the highest possible levels and we are doing everything possible to resolve this.