no Network Termination Units in Australia

Comments and posts about your experience with Exetel
whitey3

no Network Termination Units in Australia

Post by whitey3 » Mon May 30, 2016 6:51 pm

I've had no internet for nearly 14 days and counting, after 9 days I finally had an LBNco engineer onsite to look at the line. Wow, low and behold it was a faulty Network Termination Unit (NTU - box on the outside of house), something I was telling them for 9 days. Now the issue is with LBNco (fibre wholesaler - similar to NBNco but cheap and dodgy). Exetel have tried to get an ETA on the NTU, but alas no response or ETA. I'm assuming they have no NTU's in Australia, is anyone else waiting on an NTU or installation? I've raised a case with the Telecommunication Industry Ombudsman, I think they might find this interesting...

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: no Network Termination Units in Australia

Post by Dazzled » Mon May 30, 2016 7:19 pm

Burns Beach is in WA.
Whitey3 has contacted Exetel, so we'll leave it here. No excessive criticism of another ISP please.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: no Network Termination Units in Australia

Post by KavindaS » Mon May 30, 2016 8:24 pm

whitey3 wrote:I've had no internet for nearly 14 days and counting, after 9 days I finally had an LBNco engineer onsite to look at the line. Wow, low and behold it was a faulty Network Termination Unit (NTU - box on the outside of house), something I was telling them for 9 days. Now the issue is with LBNco (fibre wholesaler - similar to NBNco but cheap and dodgy). Exetel have tried to get an ETA on the NTU, but alas no response or ETA. I'm assuming they have no NTU's in Australia, is anyone else waiting on an NTU or installation? I've raised a case with the Telecommunication Industry Ombudsman, I think they might find this interesting...
I will further have a look in to your issue with an escalation to the LBN management. Reply back with your ticket reference number or PM me the service number.