Bligh Park - down for almost 4 days now

Comments and posts about your experience with Exetel
mrme

Bligh Park - down for almost 4 days now

Post by mrme » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:42 pm

While I appreciate technology can fail, 4 days seems like a long time to not have service or a an alternate backup slow service even .It still looks no closer to a resolution with the supplier not able to provide an ETA and no information on the root cause.

Sorry, but with intermittent drop outs over the last couple of months, and up to 45 minutes to get through to support, this has prompted me to start to look for alternate plans. We have already gone over our mobile data plan (and this will cost us) as a result of having to use our phones for data. There are 2 students submitting and researching assignments and my partner using a VPN to connect to work - all now having to use mobile data.

From my perspective Exetel is my supplier, and NBN provided by Exetel has not been working for 4 days with still no clear cause or ETA.

I'm close to pressing the churn button.

:cry:

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Bligh Park - down for almost 4 days now

Post by KavindaS » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:33 pm

mrme wrote:While I appreciate technology can fail, 4 days seems like a long time to not have service or a an alternate backup slow service even .It still looks no closer to a resolution with the supplier not able to provide an ETA and no information on the root cause.

Sorry, but with intermittent drop outs over the last couple of months, and up to 45 minutes to get through to support, this has prompted me to start to look for alternate plans. We have already gone over our mobile data plan (and this will cost us) as a result of having to use our phones for data. There are 2 students submitting and researching assignments and my partner using a VPN to connect to work - all now having to use mobile data.

From my perspective Exetel is my supplier, and NBN provided by Exetel has not been working for 4 days with still no clear cause or ETA.

I'm close to pressing the churn button.

:cry:
Extremely apologies for the inconvenience may have caused by this. Could you please confirm whether you are referring to the ongoing network outage https://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.p ... 16#p319516 ?

mrme

Post by mrme » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:08 pm

Yes, that's it. I logged a ticked under the help desk link on Saturday 26th November. That ticket has vanished now.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:29 pm

mrme wrote:Yes, that's it. I logged a ticked under the help desk link on Saturday 26th November. That ticket has vanished now.
Please confirm the ticket number and I will check this. However the outage is a major network outage where the supplier technicians are still working on this. We will periodically update the Forums when available.