Disappointed

Comments and posts about your experience with Exetel
cjeff

Disappointed

Post by cjeff » Wed May 10, 2017 3:36 pm

I've been an Exetel customer for roughly 10 or more years. My current plan is $55 a month for 75GB peak and 150GB offpeak. For the first time in years I hit the data limit with 4 days left to go. Logging into the website, I can see that you're now offering unlimited plans for the same price as I've been paying.

The downside is that if I switch plans, even though the monthly billing amount won't change, you won't update the plan until the renewal date in 4 days time. I hoped being a long serving customer that if I rang through someone might be able to switch over the plan now, but no, instead I get offered to "buy more data" - given I'm on an outdated plan that has been the same price as your unlimited plan, I would have thought you'd be able to do more for me. It hardly seems fair that you have customers out there paying the same amount as me getting unlimited data, and for me to get more data for 4 days, my only option is to buy more data from you? The word "frustrating" barely covers the situation.

James
Exetel Staff

Re: Disappointed

Post by James » Wed May 10, 2017 5:38 pm

Have you changed your plan?

If so, I will add a credit for any excess you accumulate in your current billing period.

Email james@exetel.com.au after the month ends.

James

cjeff

Post by cjeff » Wed May 10, 2017 6:10 pm

Hi James,

Thanks for responding, I really appreciate the offer. I haven't changed the plan just this second because I was weighing up what to do for bandwidth for the next 4 days.

Just to clarify - if I update the plan to unlimited, then use the "buy additional data" function in my member services portal, email you the receipt and you'll refund it next billing cycle? If so, that would be a wonderful solution.

Cheers - Craig

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Wed May 10, 2017 10:36 pm

cjeff wrote:Hi James,

Thanks for responding, I really appreciate the offer. I haven't changed the plan just this second because I was weighing up what to do for bandwidth for the next 4 days.

Just to clarify - if I update the plan to unlimited, then use the "buy additional data" function in my member services portal, email you the receipt and you'll refund it next billing cycle? If so, that would be a wonderful solution.

Cheers - Craig

Hi Craig,

Correct, if you upgrade to an unlimited plan, and buy additional data, I will add a refund of any excess for the current month you accrue.

James

cjeff

Post by cjeff » Thu May 11, 2017 11:18 am

Hi James,

I updated the plan last night and bought the additional data, only to find the speed shaping during peak time has not been lifted, the speed is fine on the off-peak time. I logged a ticket with tech support this morning, they don't know what the cause is and are looking into it - this is completely frustrating.

I realise technically the speed shaping and relevant systems might be quite complex, but from a customer's perspective - these systems should just work - if I purchase the additional data, the speed should be available immediately.

I appreciate that you and your staff are trying to resolve my issues, and I appreciate what you've done for me so far, I just hope that it can be resolved today, otherwise all the time I've spent talking to you and other exetel staff for 4 days worth of speed shaping isn't worth it, and I would have been better off just paying for extra data from my mobile phone for 4 days.

Overall, there's been very few problems as a customer for many many years, and I'm quite happy with the service, it's just that when the problems do happen, it seems hard to get them resolved and consumes a lot of time.

Cheers - Craig

P.S. I'll send you an email as requested once the month ends for the additional data.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Thu May 11, 2017 10:54 pm

Please try rebooting your modem.