Mobile barred 4 days - accounts team failure

Comments and posts about your experience with Exetel
buttwrx

Mobile barred 4 days - accounts team failure

Post by buttwrx » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:17 am

As a long term customer I find it hugely dissapointing that one of my mobiles was barred from making calls for 4 days after a $3.92 overspend.

At 11.24am on Thursday Dec 7 I received a text saying that a recent international call ( charged at $6.16 per minute ) had exceeded my spend threshold by $3.92.

At 11.28am another message indicated that the service had been suspended.

By 11.31am I had made the requested $20 payment and altered the spend threshold as suggested.

At 11.43am Exetel responded that the service had been reactivated. Thankyou for your fast response I thought...... even though it was a 'trigger happy' action on such a trivial amount. Given that I spend in excess of $1500 per annum with the company, and have NEVER been in arrears with any payments was I likely to default on $3.92????

Unfortunately this mobile wasn't used to make any outgoing calls until after accounts closed for the weekend..... might I add that it's used mainly for security by an Nurse that works shift work.

So..... on Saturday Dec9, 3 calls to tech support and promises to reinstate the service achieved ZERO. The third call resulted in a 'when we sort this out we will text you' response. Hours later a text 'we are still investigating your reported issue' was received. For a second time the phone user left for a late shift with a phone that couldn't make calls...........

On Sunday another call to tech support resulted in an apologetic response that nothing could be done until office hours Monday.

When I called accounts on Monday I couldn't see any reason for being abusive or emotive to the call centre person who was just doing their job. Even when they offered a refund of the equivalent of 2 days service......

EXETEL - you need to fix this. Your systems have failed to provide anything remotely close to what I would deem appropriate response to a trivial overspend. The hours your support staff have spent attempting to fix the problem far exceed the $3.92 the service was suspended for.

To remove a shift worker's ability to make calls late at night is INEXCUSEABLE!

I await your response.......

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Mobile barred 4 days - accounts team failure

Post by KavindaS » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:12 pm

buttwrx wrote:
I await your response.......
Firstly I would like to apologise to you on behalf of Exetel for any inconvenience you may have experienced with relation to this matter. Send me a PM with the relevant ticket number or the service number and I will check this for you.

buttwrx

Post by buttwrx » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:34 pm

PM sent

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:40 pm

buttwrx wrote:PM sent
Thanks and I have received the PM. We will check and update you according to the ticket Ref# 12352199.

AroshJ
Exetel Staff

Post by AroshJ » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:09 pm

buttwrx wrote:PM sent
This is to keep you updated that our relevant internal departments are working on this case and kindly await for a detailed feedback.