Angry, disappointed and hopeless

Comments and posts about your experience with Exetel
2018pug

Angry, disappointed and hopeless

Post by 2018pug » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:18 pm

Recently I ordered the ADSL bundle service on 9th of June, until now I still don't have internet/telephone service.

The activiaondate was set on 15th June, well I don't know how the technician get into the apartment( new apartment needs swipe card to get in) without calling me or the manager. And around 6pm I called the technical team, so they sent me the modem account and password. This is pretty funny, if I don't call the technical team I don't think they will send me that.

The funny thing is I didn't know I need to find a cabler in order to jumpering the line from mdf to my home, I thought the email says my service is active and it's connected to the internet. And when I called tech support, I told them its a new apartment so they told me to ask the building manager. No one mentioned mdf until I asked it on whirlpool.

So I found a cabler and he connected the line from mdf to my home , but when he's trying to jumpering the line to the A side. There is no tag or any info for him. The exetel technician did not left any tag or info! Yeah I got photos for Mdf to proof there's nothing. And we called the technical team, well exetel couldn't provide any info in order to finish jumpering. So I wasted my $120 jumpering fee.

Funny thing is exetel technician will come again but if they found it is not their fault they will fine me $220. Yeah I don't know if the missing tag will be my fault.

And I need to pay another $120 again in order to jumpering the line, this service is wasting my time and money. Sigh

Hopeless now.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Angry, disappointed and hopeless

Post by KavindaS » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:56 pm

2018pug wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:18 pm

Recently I ordered the ADSL bundle service on 9th of June, until now I still don't have internet/telephone service.
Firstly, I would like to apologise to you on behalf of Exetel for any inconvenience you may have experienced with relation to this matter. I will have to check with our provisioning and the sales department on what you have detailed during the activation stage. To find your service details, could you please either reply to this thread confirming the service issue ticket reference number or PM me your relevant service number?

2018pug

Post by 2018pug » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:01 am

Hi, thanks for reply.

The ticket number should be [Exetel Residential Technical Support #13153334]

Thanks.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:43 pm

2018pug wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:01 am
Hi, thanks for reply.

The ticket number should be [Exetel Residential Technical Support #13153334]

Thanks.
Thank you. I have checked the service issue ticket 13195823 and further replied to you via the same email ticket 13153334.

pv4455

Post by pv4455 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:40 pm

There seems to be very poor communicate between Optus and Exetel.

I ordered ADSL for my home last week.
The original txt message from exetel said the tech will arrive at either 8am-midday - 1pm -5pm (or similar)
I was HOPING for a txt message from the technician perhaps 30-60mins before they arrive.
I never got anything. He arrived at 3pm, plugged equipment into the wall and left for 30mins.
When he came back, he said all done, ust give him about an hour to log it all and apparently good to go.
For 2 days the Service on the web admin area said "Pending".
Again, it was ONLY when I called exetel help line that things started to be finalised. And it is still hopeless.

KrishanK
Exetel Staff

Post by KrishanK » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:11 pm

pv4455 wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:40 pm
There seems to be very poor communicate between Optus and Exetel.

I ordered ADSL for my home last week.
The original txt message from exetel said the tech will arrive at either 8am-midday - 1pm -5pm (or similar)
I was HOPING for a txt message from the technician perhaps 30-60mins before they arrive.
I never got anything. He arrived at 3pm, plugged equipment into the wall and left for 30mins.
When he came back, he said all done, ust give him about an hour to log it all and apparently good to go.
For 2 days the Service on the web admin area said "Pending".
Again, it was ONLY when I called exetel help line that things started to be finalised. And it is still hopeless.
We responded to your concerns via the email conversation thread you are communicating with us already.