Not at all a smooth service to new house

Comments and posts about your experience with Exetel
pv4455

Not at all a smooth service to new house

Post by pv4455 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:04 am

Hello,

Honestly, I have been a customer of Exetel for nearly 10 years on and off (when the Computer shop guy told me about them instead of Telstra)

I was moving house with the phone/ADSL (and mobile) through them.
I send an email to them and all telling them of the planned move to a new house, with enough time to adjust.
So, simply enough I thought, I want the old service cancelled on a specific date, and the new home/adsl installed on a future date.
The order of the new house goes through, BUT, some time later I get a txt message stating exactly :

"Hello NAME, please note your service at OLD ADDRESS, is still active. If you wish to process with the cancellation please get back to us at your earliest convenience. Thank yo. Reference No: NUMBER "

I got this message AFTER I moved into my new house (waiting for the new service to be connected of-course)

I ring up their call centre, and after all the verification, this service is cancelled ...again.
The call-centre man then says "Do you also want the HOME PHONE LINE cancelled?"
-"OF-COURSE I WANT IT CANCELLED!! "

Exetel, PLEASE, there is NO COMMON-SENSE with your hired staff!
PLUS YOUR SYSTEM to deal with service changes is APPALLING.
I seem to be constantly on the call centre dealing with things I SHOULD be able to do ONLINE.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Not at all a smooth service to new house

Post by KavindaS » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:26 pm

pv4455 wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:04 am
Hello,

Honestly, I have been a customer of Exetel for nearly 10 years on and off (when the Computer shop guy told me about them instead of Telstra)

I was moving house with the phone/ADSL (and mobile) through them.
I send an email to them and all telling them of the planned move to a new house, with enough time to adjust.
So, simply enough I thought, I want the old service cancelled on a specific date, and the new home/adsl installed on a future date.
The order of the new house goes through, BUT, some time later I get a txt message stating exactly :

"Hello NAME, please note your service at OLD ADDRESS, is still active. If you wish to process with the cancellation please get back to us at your earliest convenience. Thank yo. Reference No: NUMBER "

I got this message AFTER I moved into my new house (waiting for the new service to be connected of-course)

I ring up their call centre, and after all the verification, this service is cancelled ...again.
The call-centre man then says "Do you also want the HOME PHONE LINE cancelled?"
-"OF-COURSE I WANT IT CANCELLED!! "

Exetel, PLEASE, there is NO COMMON-SENSE with your hired staff!
PLUS YOUR SYSTEM to deal with service changes is APPALLING.
I seem to be constantly on the call centre dealing with things I SHOULD be able to do ONLINE.
Firstly, I would like to apologise to you on behalf of Exetel for any inconvenience you may have experienced with relation to this matter. This has been clearly addressed with the management of the department, for their consideration.