Your new ZTE modem is rubbish, go back to NetComm

Comments and posts about your experience with Exetel
corona

Your new ZTE modem is rubbish, go back to NetComm

Post by corona » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:33 am

Hi,
I've just moved house, with my new nbn fttc connection going live yesterday.

Got set up with your preconfigured ZTE H268A very easily.

Connected my phone to the WiFi and ran a few speed tests. They were all a disappointingly unstable ~ 19 - 20mbit. (50mbit plan)

Called up your support to get my pppoe password as it hasn't been sent yet, they were great, quick and easy.

I was on your same plan at my previous house, on fttp, with your previous NetComm NF18ACV modem, so I tried it instead.

Speed tests now a rock solid 46mbit.

Same situation (nothing else on WiFi) only a few minutes later, just a different router.

I'll be sticking with the netcomm!

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Your new ZTE modem is rubbish, go back to NetComm

Post by KavindaS » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:10 pm

corona wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:33 am
Hi,
I've just moved house, with my new nbn fttc connection going live yesterday.

Got set up with your preconfigured ZTE H268A very easily.

Connected my phone to the WiFi and ran a few speed tests. They were all a disappointingly unstable ~ 19 - 20mbit. (50mbit plan)

Called up your support to get my pppoe password as it hasn't been sent yet, they were great, quick and easy.

I was on your same plan at my previous house, on fttp, with your previous NetComm NF18ACV modem, so I tried it instead.

Speed tests now a rock solid 46mbit.

Same situation (nothing else on WiFi) only a few minutes later, just a different router.

I'll be sticking with the netcomm!
Thanks for letting us know. We’re sorry you've had bad experience with Exetel new modem so far. Since the ZTE modem is still under the warranty period, if you would like to have the modem replaced after checking with the support department, please contact us and we are happy to proceed further.