What is Wrong with Communications from your Tech Support

Comments and posts about your experience with Exetel
roya92

What is Wrong with Communications from your Tech Support

Post by roya92 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:12 pm

I recently switched from an exetel adsl plan to an NBN plan. Numerous issues arose, numerous days without service, hours on the phone, and twice an NBN tech had to come out.

On the second occasion the technician finally discovered the problem - that the cable to my premises was damaged at a junction box in front of one of my neighbours house. I now have service but the guy said that it was likely that I would have further problems in the future unless this cable is replaced. He suggested that I report this to you and have you report the matter to NBN so the cable can be replaced. I reported all if this to you on ref #: 14511350.

On two occasions now I received text messages saying : "We can see your connection is currently online and it was online for ........ without a drop out. Please check your service and let us know if you need any further assistance. Please be advised that we will close this fault ticket. Please feel free to contact exetel if you have any further concerns"

I have wasted hours on the phone to you people over this entire fiasco.

Can you stop sending me these ridiculous unrelated text messages and get the real problem fixed (the cable replaced) once and for all PLEASE!

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: What is Wrong with Communications from your Tech Support

Post by KavindaS » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:40 pm

roya92 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:12 pm
I recently switched from an exetel adsl plan to an NBN plan. Numerous issues arose, numerous days without service, hours on the phone, and twice an NBN tech had to come out.

On the second occasion the technician finally discovered the problem - that the cable to my premises was damaged at a junction box in front of one of my neighbours house. I now have service but the guy said that it was likely that I would have further problems in the future unless this cable is replaced. He suggested that I report this to you and have you report the matter to NBN so the cable can be replaced. I reported all if this to you on ref #: 14511350.

On two occasions now I received text messages saying : "We can see your connection is currently online and it was online for ........ without a drop out. Please check your service and let us know if you need any further assistance. Please be advised that we will close this fault ticket. Please feel free to contact exetel if you have any further concerns"

I have wasted hours on the phone to you people over this entire fiasco.

Can you stop sending me these ridiculous unrelated text messages and get the real problem fixed (the cable replaced) once and for all PLEASE!
Firstly, I would like to apologise to you on behalf of Exetel for any inconvenience you may have experienced with relation to this matter.

I have reviewed all the notes in reference to the service issue ticket 14511350. Kindly ignore the generic messages you have received, since we have already informed the supplier about the feedback you have given, after the last tech visit and we are currently waiting for their feedback with the next step.

In addition to the above, I have clearly noted and escalated with the supplier management, informing about the points you have mentioned according to the cable damage. We will get back you, when we have a response through the fault or the escalation.