roby

Re: Passing of Mr John Linton

Post by roby » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:00 pm

My condolences to family, friends and colleagues

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:52 pm

My deepest sympathies go out to all of those dear to John. His contributions, both via the founding of Exetel and his active involvement in conservation projects, made the world a better place and will hopefully live on in his legacy.

Corey
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

David R

Post by David R » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:01 am

From the beginning they were the magicians of Exetel. (JL;SW-) A magician Mr Linton was certainly.

......I wish I was much better at my job and was a lot younger.

In slumber may you rest peacefully, john.
*Vista Ultimate* Billion,7402GL &TP-Link,D-W8920G <Atten(dB)42 @1.9 km>; HTC Kaiser II, WM6; Pre-paid RP2000 (Optus)
200GB@3.1Mbps,$60pm Zone 1+ 2X H-Line Budget; WP Saver VoIP._ 220.233.165.22x; $3,450 revenue: 5 years club.

Muso

Post by Muso » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:48 pm

I've been an Exetel customer for over eight years. I've never met John but, after reading the comments here, I can see the high esteem in which he was held. My condolences to his family, friends and Exetel.
If all else fails, read the instructions!

nihonjin

Post by nihonjin » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:34 pm

Im sorry to hear of the passing of Mr Linton. This is indeed a big loss as im sure it is for your family but also to the industry with which he has so vigorously challenged and changed for the better.

My sincerest condolences and best wishes to Mr Linton's family and friends.

eandre

Post by eandre » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:30 pm

I am not sure if was John Linton or the Exetel culture but I felt as if our observations and comments via the forums were woven into the Exetel way of doing business.

Perhaps for a short while the Extel home page could have a black or a white back ground. (I would prefer white)

Simple acknowledgement of John Linton's presence, on a home page design I have always liked.

trev

Post by trev » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:56 am

Vale John, you will be missed. A GBP 25 donation to http://www.rspb.org.uk/ has been made in your honour.

Robert Recchi

Post by Robert Recchi » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:51 pm

Dear James

John would want you to live each day of your life and help others in the process: smile, be authentic, be helpful, be honest. Follow your dreams so that you unconsciously inspire others to follow theirs.

If I had to leave one message at this moment in time it would be this: Be honest with yourself in everything you do. If you want to do something deep down but fear it, don’t let the fear put you off. Embrace life and any difficulties that come with it, because this is the only opportunity we have. For every person that tells you that you can’t do something, realise it’s just another person to prove wrong.

I wish you James, Annette, your family and all the people at Exetel the very best for the future.

I know that today was another very sad and difficult day for all of you as you lay John to rest. My thoughts were with you all.

Regretfully, we all must leave this life eventually, but our memories, our souls and our love for each other will last forever........

Rest In Peace John Linton. You will be dearly missed.

Robert

old grey one

Post by old grey one » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:53 pm

How very very sad

ReservedWolf

Post by ReservedWolf » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:59 pm

my condolences to family and friends, sad news indeed
All the world's a stage; know your part or get off the stage, we need the performance space. - by me, inspired by many other misanthropes.

Dr Tezza

Post by Dr Tezza » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:12 am

RIP

drtezza

Pamela

Post by Pamela » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:58 pm

I'm a little late, but I just read about the passing of John, such sad news. He was one of a kind for sure. Bless his heart. Thanks to John I have a pioneer account and have always appreciated it. To his family and friends I send my families condolences.
Pamela

calemblake

Post by calemblake » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:11 pm

Hes selling internet to Jesus now :(