Rules For Posting On This Forum

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives

Please read this before creating a Forum account

Postby Gidget on Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:48 am

Welcome to the Exetel User Help Forum

Any person who visits this Forum can browse the threads.

If you wish to post on any thread you need to become a member of the Forum. To become a member, simply click on the Register link at the top of this page, and follow the instructions.

Do NOT use your telephone number or your Exetel modem log-in as your user name. It is not wise to advertise these on a public Forum. Simply choose a preferred user name, noting that the Forum Administrators reserve the right to ask you to provide a new name if your chosen name is considered offensive. On registering, you will be advised if your chosen name is already taken, in this case you will need to choose another name.

The Forum configuration does not permit you to change your user name once you are registered. If you wish to change the name, please PM an Administrator.

For further information about this and the Forum posting rules, please read
this thread.

To delete your Forum account please follow the instructions in
this thread.

Cheers

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal
Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Rules For Posting On This Forum

Postby ForumAdmin on Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:54 am

The Exetel User Help Forum was set up in January 2004 to assist Exetel users get help to resolve problems they were experiencing with an Exetel service from other more experienced users, volunteer forum 'moderators' and from Exetel personnel who gave up part of their personal time to provide assistance.

The only real rules for posts on this forum are that they should only fall in to four main categories:

1) They are a request for help with a problem the user is experiencing with any Exetel service.

2) They are a response for a request for assistance directed as a reply to a post requesting assistance.

3) They are information on how to improve some aspect of the hardware being used by Exetel customers (routers/modems/ATAs/Other Devices).

4) They are suggestions or requests for clarification on how to make any aspect of any service or any user hardware more effective or more useful.

All posts that do not conform to these four types are deemed inappropriate and may be deleted.

The forum administrators exercise a 'zero tolerance' policy towards the use of 'bad language' or any abbreviated version of bad language and posts that contain such words or abbreviations will be deleted.

Your positive contribution to this valuable customer resource will be very welcome.
ForumAdmin

Re: Please read this before creating a Forum account

Postby Gidget on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:08 am

I have noticed a few wags not using their "real" Australian location when registering on the Forum - for example, I've seen "Earth" and "Here" used etc. Although it may be unlikely that giving a false location will stop your account being activated, it is actually in your best interest to give an indication of where you live (even if it is only the state you reside in) because admins and fellow customers often use this info when assessing any connection/speed issues etc that you might post about.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
Exetel Support Portal
Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

How do I delete my Forum account?

Postby Gidget on Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:26 pm

It is not currently possible to delete your own Forum account. Therefore, should you wish to have your account deleted, please PM me.

If you can't remember your Forum logon and/or password, email me to let me know your email address and I will identify and delete the account for you.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
Exetel Support Portal
Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Return to Products & services