Migration Path For AnyPhone Plan Users

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
ForumAdmin

Migration Path For AnyPhone Plan Users

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:34 pm

As you may be aware we ceased offering the ANYPHONE plans because of the very serious provisioning and fault resolution difficulties we encountered after AAPT took over Powertel.

We have been quite happy to continue to provide the ANYPHONE services as the Powertel network remained stable and virtually trouble free.

Our, and our customer's problems have always been that a SSS service (such as the ANYHONE services - where the ADSL service is provided on a part of the telephone line with the telephone voice service using the other part) is very hard to move away from as it requires a period of time (3 - 4 weeks) where no ADSL service can be connected to the line.

Recently we have begun to encounter an increasing number of fault resolution difficulties that have resulted in some very unhappy customers and some very serious costs for us (we make very little money out of providing the ANYPHONE services). We have therefore been looking for sensible ways that would allow an ANYPHONE user to move to another Exetel ADSL2 service with a minimum of inconvenience - ONLY SHOULD THEY WISH TO DO SO - Exetel is quite happy to keep providing the ANYPHONE service for as long as a customer wishes to keep using it.

We believe we can put such a 'migration' in place for at least half of our current ANYPHONE users by loaning them an HSPA modem and service for the period that the ADSL service is off line. Clearly this can only be done where an ANYPHONE customer is attached to an Exchange where Optus has ADSL2 and where the HSPA service works effectively.

Before we actually make a 'formal' migration offer we would be interested in any suggestions ANYPHONE users wish to make.

LordS

Re: Migration Path For AnyPhone Plan Users

Post by LordS » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:34 pm

Although I don't have this 'anyphone' service I must say I really am impressed at the effort exetel would be willing to go to to avoid downtime to the user (wow a hell of a lot of 'to's there lol)

It's not often we see this kind of care put towards customers from any business... let alone an ISP lol.

nihonjin

Post by nihonjin » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:46 pm

I am in this situation and would be interested.

I would think that if you can offer the interim HSPA service at the same cost as the plan the user wishes to go to then i would consider it. Keeping in mind it is only for about 1 month anyway.

thanks.

ps i would not expect to be offered the same data allowances so whatever is reasonable i would be happy as it keeps you online.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:33 pm

nihonjin wrote:I am in this situation and would be interested.

I would think that if you can offer the interim HSPA service at the same cost as the plan the user wishes to go to then i would consider it. Keeping in mind it is only for about 1 month anyway.

thanks.

ps i would not expect to be offered the same data allowances so whatever is reasonable i would be happy as it keeps you online.
The allowance would be 2 gb; price would be $45.00.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:28 am

We are thinking it might be better to also add an Optus version of the Powertel 'anyphone' plans:

Optus (No Telphone Line Rental) Possible Plans

ANYPHONE A - 4GB - $40.00

ANYPHONE B - 8GB - $50.00

ANYPHONE C - 16GB - $60.00

ANYPHONE D - 24GB - $70.00

ANYPHONE E - 42GB - $95.00

ANYPHONE F - 54GB - $120.00

nihonjin

Post by nihonjin » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:07 pm

I like the idea of offering a optus version of the no phone plans but unfortunately these plans do not reflect the same value as the powertel or incl phone plans. ie new powertel plans for $45 give you 8G where as these will cost $50. I understand that the costs must not be the same but for me i will either stay with powertel or change to incl phone plans.

If they were the same value i would be more then happy to change.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:19 pm

nihonjin wrote:I like the idea of offering a optus version of the no phone plans but unfortunately these plans do not reflect the same value as the powertel or incl phone plans. ie new powertel plans for $45 give you 8G where as these will cost $50. I understand that the costs must not be the same but for me i will either stay with powertel or change to incl phone plans.

If they were the same value i would be more then happy to change.
We would struggle to do that at the moment - but there's always some chance.

ottyacat

Post by ottyacat » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:25 pm

I think its a good idea, quite a few people i know signed up else were after looking originally at signing up with Exetel since the Powertel plans were removed.

hardya

Post by hardya » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:50 pm

Optus (No Telphone Line Rental) Possible Plans (OTHERPHONE) would be greatly welcomed.

I am moving to a new residence soon, and preferred to use another PSTN service, whilst retaining EXETEL for ADSL2. This would work out perfect.

Any ETA on availability of these proposed new ANYPHONE (Optus) plans?

Thanks for your ongoing support Exetel.

cjwrighty

Post by cjwrighty » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:10 pm

I would like to say, that this is the thing i have been waiting for. Since i am unwilling to change our phone to optus/exetel, these plans give me a new option. Just need to look at my financial situation.

I would like the thank exetel for doing this, as i have wanted ADSL2+ for a while and have been unable to.

hardya

Post by hardya » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:48 pm

Any ETA on availability of these proposed new ANYPHONE (Optus) plans?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:33 am

hardya wrote:Any ETA on availability of these proposed new ANYPHONE (Optus) plans?
Still delayed by logistics.

tricky

Post by tricky » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:37 pm

If I signed up to an existing incphone plan, would I be able to transfer over to an otherphone plan once they become available? If so what would be involved in terms of cost and outage?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:22 am

tricky wrote:If I signed up to an existing incphone plan, would I be able to transfer over to an otherphone plan once they become available? If so what would be involved in terms of cost and outage?
We are still trying to finalise the logistics of doing that.

ottyacat

Post by ottyacat » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:09 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
hardya wrote:Any ETA on availability of these proposed new ANYPHONE (Optus) plans?
Still delayed by logistics.
Do you by any change have a rough estimation of when these new plans may become available? Ive got a cust who needs to sign up and would prefer adsl2 but will go with adsl1 if its going to take several months.

Cheers