Migration Path For AnyPhone Plan Users

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
James
Exetel Staff

Re: Migration Path For AnyPhone Plan Users

Post by James » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:16 pm

ottyacat wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:
hardya wrote:Any ETA on availability of these proposed new ANYPHONE (Optus) plans?
Still delayed by logistics.
Do you by any change have a rough estimation of when these new plans may become available? Ive got a cust who needs to sign up and would prefer adsl2 but will go with adsl1 if its going to take several months.

Cheers
No eta.

ottyacat

Post by ottyacat » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:39 pm

No worries, thanks for confirming.

hardya

Post by hardya » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:12 am

The ANyphone plans which were shown as 'coming soon' have now been deleted off the exetel website adsl2 page.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:11 am

hardya wrote:The ANyphone plans which were shown as 'coming soon' have now been deleted off the exetel website adsl2 page.
We are finding it very difficult to get what we need from Optus on this issue - and far from making progress we seem to be going backwards.

nihonjin

Post by nihonjin » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:25 pm

Hi i would like to change to an optus plan and thought that while i recently received the HSPA device to help in testing that it might be a good time to make the change. I am supposed to send it back tomorrow although i only got to use it yesterday as i was overseas while it came. Who can i talk to about the possibility of hanging on to it a little bit longer so that i can still have internet whilst migrating from powertel exchange to an optus exchange?

thanks.

nihonjin

Post by nihonjin » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:45 am

sorry to bump this topic so quickly but i just want to find out the answer to my question above before i send back the trial HSPA device. thanks.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:18 am

I guess you can try PM'ing or emailing PaulP. He has dealt with other trial HSPA modem queries

nihonjin

Post by nihonjin » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:31 am

email sent to Paul.

thanks.

boyastro

Post by boyastro » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:37 pm

I notice a few people stating they want to retain their PSTN services.
I'm in the other boat. We now use VoIP for all our calls, so would try to change to a Naked ADSL plan once the Anyphone contract is up.

If it was possible to use mobile broadband for the changeover downtime it would be great.

The only other suggestion I have is to consider targeting January, when the greatest numbers of people are away on holidays and may not mind being without internet at home. Also, I remember when a power substation caught fire at work and took out the power and PABX, the phone company was able to divert the main inbound number to a mobile. I wonder if it's possible to do that for the phone service during the transition?

Thanks.

nihonjin

Post by nihonjin » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:08 pm

I am still awaiting a response from someone from exetel. I have emailed Paul but have not heard back yet.

Sorry to persist but i want to know if i should hang onto the HSPA device or just send it back. If i can hold onto it then it would save time and postage by holding onto it and sending once my service change over is complete.

thanks.

nihonjin

Post by nihonjin » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:17 pm

not sure if it was a coincidence or not but i just received a mail out email re the loan of a HSPA device. It stated that 2MB of data was included is this correct or should it be 2GB. Also in my case can i just keep the loaned HSPA device and therefore start the change process now?

thanks.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:01 pm

nihonjin wrote:not sure if it was a coincidence or not but i just received a mail out email re the loan of a HSPA device. It stated that 2MB of data was included is this correct or should it be 2GB. Also in my case can i just keep the loaned HSPA device and therefore start the change process now?

thanks.
Yes - it's an error and should be 2 gb (sigh).

You could apply but now we've changed the order form there will be no advantage that you already have Exetel HSPA as the 'free offer' is based on the Optus network and we will be converting all shiped devices to the Exetel network next week.

Your service wont be cut off until we have shipped the loan HSPA modem.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:05 pm

boyastro wrote:I notice a few people stating they want to retain their PSTN services.
I'm in the other boat. We now use VoIP for all our calls, so would try to change to a Naked ADSL plan once the Anyphone contract is up.

If it was possible to use mobile broadband for the changeover downtime it would be great.

The only other suggestion I have is to consider targeting January, when the greatest numbers of people are away on holidays and may not mind being without internet at home. Also, I remember when a power substation caught fire at work and took out the power and PABX, the phone company was able to divert the main inbound number to a mobile. I wonder if it's possible to do that for the phone service during the transition?

Thanks.
The HSPA loan offer eliminates the down time.

In fact we are thinking of making the loan offer avaialble to any customer of another ISP's ADSL2 service who wants to transfer to an Exetel ADSL2 service

nihonjin

Post by nihonjin » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:23 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:Yes - it's an error and should be 2 gb (sigh).

You could apply but now we've changed the order form there will be no advantage that you already have Exetel HSPA as the 'free offer' is based on the Optus network and we will be converting all shiped devices to the Exetel network next week.

So just to clarify i will still receive a new exetel HSPA device at which point my current connection will be disconnected and the migration to the optus exchange will commence.

If this is the case then i might as well send back the trial HSPA device and wait for the loan HSPA. Or can you just either remotely or i can do it change the existing device to the exetel network?

thanks.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:17 pm

nihonjin wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:Yes - it's an error and should be 2 gb (sigh).

So just to clarify i will still receive a new exetel HSPA device at which point my current connection will be disconnected and the migration to the optus exchange will commence.

If this is the case then i might as well send back the trial HSPA device and wait for the loan HSPA. Or can you just either remotely or i can do it change the existing device to the exetel network?

thanks.
We can't change the device.

Also, the loan unit you will get will not be 'new'.