Migration Path For AnyPhone Plan Users

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
nihonjin

Re: Migration Path For AnyPhone Plan Users

Post by nihonjin » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:00 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:We can't change the device.

Also, the loan unit you will get will not be 'new'.
I didnt mean "new" just different to the one i have now.

In any case should i just send back the HSPA trial usb modem now and apply and wait for the loan one or keep it and apply now.

thanks.

hardya

Post by hardya » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:11 pm

Are the ANYPHONE plans any closer to reality? Or has Optus baulked at the idea?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:44 pm

hardya wrote:Are the ANYPHONE plans any closer to reality? Or has Optus baulked at the idea?
We are having trouble making any progress.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:05 am

ottyacat wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:
hardya wrote:Any ETA on availability of these proposed new ANYPHONE (Optus) plans?
Still delayed by logistics.
Do you by any change have a rough estimation of when these new plans may become available? Ive got a cust who needs to sign up and would prefer adsl2 but will go with adsl1 if its going to take several months.

Cheers
We have made no progress over the past month. Given what has now been said by Optus it seems unlikely that an "Anyphone" Optus option will ever be possible.

Triggery

Post by Triggery » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:56 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:We have made no progress over the past month. Given what has now been said by Optus it seems unlikely that an "Anyphone" Optus option will ever be possible.
Naked ADSL2 FAQ has the following:
Q. 10 Can I install the telephone component on an ADSL only service, at a later date?

A. You can install the telephone component back on the line either through Exetel directly or through another provider at a later date. Your DSL service should still remain operable in such an event.
I'm not sure if I am interpreting this FAQ Answer correctly, but wouldn't doing that create an Anyphone type plan, even though it might work out a bit expensive to pay for both a naked connection and line rental.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:02 pm

Triggery wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:We have made no progress over the past month. Given what has now been said by Optus it seems unlikely that an "Anyphone" Optus option will ever be possible.
Naked ADSL2 FAQ has the following:
Q. 10 Can I install the telephone component on an ADSL only service, at a later date?

A. You can install the telephone component back on the line either through Exetel directly or through another provider at a later date. Your DSL service should still remain operable in such an event.
I'm not sure if I am interpreting this FAQ Answer correctly, but wouldn't doing that create an Anyphone type plan, even though it might work out a bit expensive to pay for both a naked connection and line rental.
I would think that it would be limited to an Optus reseller only though, I'm sure someone will confirm soon enough

peterh_oz

Post by peterh_oz » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:16 pm

ADSL not ADSL2 would be operable?