New Year Present (Limited)

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
ForumAdmin

New Year Present (Limited)

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:05 am

As you may know we have been working with AAPT (Powertel) to ensure that what we saw as deficiencies in their provisioning and fault repair systems were fully fixed and worked as well as the Optus and Telstra services/functions.

We are now satisfied that AAPT/Powertel are able to transfer a 'standard' ADSL1 service from a Telstra port to an AAPT/Powertel ADSL2 port with very little/no downtime being incurred by the end user.

This has always been the case in transferring from Telstra ADSL1 ports to Optus ADSL2 ports and many Exetel ADSL1 users have made the move from Telstra ADSL1 to Optus ADSL2 with Exetel with no problems.

However some many thousands of Exetel ADSL1 users still want to keep a Standard PSTN service with the provider or carrier of their choice (which is not possible when transferring to an OPTUS ADSL2 service which requires the customer to use Optus for the telephone line and telephone call charges).

Subject to Exetel reaching final agreement with AAPT over the next few days we will be able to offer those Exetel ADSL1 users who are connected to exchanges where AAPT/Powertel have ADSL2 equipment installed (and spare ports available) the opportunity of moving from their current ADSL1 service to an ADSL2 service with no downtime and no cost at the the same monthly cost that they are paying today (except that their service will be at ADSL2 speeds).

The telephone line rental and call charges will remain with the current carrier/provider - only the ADSL service will be moved.

This applies to 256/64 services as well as 512/128, 1500/256 and 8192/384 ADSL21 services but this offer is RESTRICTED to ONLY the exchanges that AAPT/Powertel has ADSL enabled.

We would welcome any comments or suggestions on this limited offer.

James
Exetel Staff

Re: New Year Present (Limited)

Post by James » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:44 am

This applies to

For the PTL plans; http://www.exetel.com.au/a_plan_pricing_adsl2.php

Code: Select all

ACT	DKIN	 Deakin   
NSW	ASHF	 Ashfield   
NSW	BALM	 Balmain   
NSW	BANK	 Bankstown   
NSW	BLAC	 Blacktown   
NSW	BOTA	 Botany   
NSW	BURD	 Burwood   
NSW	CAST	 Castle Hill   
NSW	CBTN	 Campbelltown   
NSW	CHAT	 Chatswood   
NSW	CHLS	 Charlestown   
NSW	CREM	 Cremorne   
NSW	CYSH	 City South   
NSW	DALL	 Dalley   
NSW	EAST	 City East   
NSW	EDGE	 Edgecliff   
NSW	EPPI	 Epping   
NSW	EWOO	 Eastwood   
NSW	FREN	 Frenchs Forest   
NSW	GLEB	 Glebe   
NSW	GRAN	 Granville   
NSW	GSFD	 Gosford   
NSW	HAMN	 Hamilton   
NSW	HARB	 Harbord   
NSW	HMKT	 Haymarket   
NSW	HOME	 Homebush   
NSW	HORN	 Hornsby   
NSW	KENS	 Kensington   
NSW	KNST	 Kent St   
NSW	LANE	 Lane Cove   
NSW	LIDC	 Lidcombe   
NSW	LIVE	 Liverpool   
NSW	MAIT	 Maitland   
NSW	MARO	 Maroubra   
NSW	MASC	 Mascot   
NSW	MIRA	 Miranda   
NSW	NEWT	 Newtown   
NSW	NLTN	 New Lambton   
NSW	NPAR	 North Parramatta   
NSW	NRYD	 North Ryde   
NSW	NSYD	 North Sydney   
NSW	PARR	 Parramatta   
NSW	PEAK	 Peakhurst   
NSW	PEND	 Pendle Hill   
NSW	PENN	 Pennant Hills   
NSW	PETE	 Petersham   
NSW	PITT	 Pitt   
NSW	PNTH	 Penrith   
NSW	REDF	 Redfern   
NSW	ROCK	 Rockdale   
NSW	RYDA	 Rydalmere   
NSW	SEVE	 Seven Hills   
NSW	SILV	 Silver ter   
NSW	STLE	 St Leonards   
NSW	WAVE	  verley   
NSW	WLGG	 Wollongong   
NSW	WOLF	 Wolfe   
QLD	ACOT	 Ascot   
QLD	CHLT	 Charlotte   
QLD	CPRO	 Coorparoo   
QLD	EDSN	 Edison   
QLD	IPSW	 Ipswich   
QLD	MGAT	 Mount Gravatt   
QLD	MRAC	 Merrimac   
QLD	NDAH	 Nundah   
QLD	NERG	 Nerang   
QLD	PDTN	 Paddington   
QLD	RBNA	 Robina   
QLD	SGHL	 Spring Hill   
QLD	SLAC	 Slacks Creek   
QLD	SOPT	 Southport   
QLD	SOTH	 South Brisbane   
QLD	SPNE	 Strathpine   
QLD	SSBY	  lisbury   
QLD	SURF	 Surfers Paradise   
QLD	TOBF	 Toowoomba   
QLD	TWOG	 Toowong   
QLD	WOBB	 Woolloongabba   
SA	PROT	 Prospect   
SA	WAYM 	  ymouth   
VIC	BATM	 Batman   
VIC	BEND	 Bendigo   
VIC	BKLN	 Brooklyn   
VIC	BLBN	 Blackburn   
VIC	BRUK	 Bru ick   
VIC	CBRG	 Coburg   
VIC	CLAY	 Clayton   
VIC	CMLL	 Camberwell   
VIC	CWOD	 Collingwood   
VIC	EXHN	 Exhibition   
VIC	FSRY	 Footscray   
VIC	HDBG	 Heidelberg   
VIC	HGTT	 Highett   
VIC	HTLL	 Hartwell   
VIC	KEWE	 Kew   
VIC	KYNG	 Kooyong   
VIC	LONS	 Lonsdale   
VIC	MALV	 Malvern   
VIC	MLND	 Moreland   
VIC	NMEL	 Nth Melbourne   
VIC	PRTN	 Preston   
VIC	RSVR	 Reservoir   
VIC	SMEL	 Sth Melbourne   
VIC	SYRA	 South Yarra   
VIC	TRAK	 Toorak   
VIC	WHLL	 Wheelers Hill   
VIC	WIRC	 Windsor   
WA	APPX	 Applecross   
WA	ASOT	 Ascot   
WA	ATTA	 Attadale   
WA	BATA	 Bateman   
WA	BSDN	 Bassendean   
WA	BWER	 Bulwer   
WA	CTOE	 Cottesloe   
WA	DBLV	 Doubleview   
WA	FMTL	 Fremantle   
WA	KSLY	 Kingsley   
WA	MAYM	 Maylands   
WA	MDLD	 Midland   
WA	MLEY	 Morley   
WA	MLOO	 Mullaloo   
WA	PIER	 Pier   
WA	PMYA	 Palmyra   
WA	RIVT	 Riverton   
WA	SUBT	 Subiaco   
WA	TUTT	 Tuart Hill   
WA	 VICP	  toria Park   
WA	WLTE	 Wellington   

LordS

Post by LordS » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:08 pm

wow

That's an insane offer.

I wish they were in my area :(

austdata

Post by austdata » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:37 am

FA,
I thought you were going to float the company! (Limited)?! :shock:

Cheers,

Mike
The views I present here are not necessarily those from my brain.
Exetel's support number outside Sydney: 1300 788 141 NOTE: I do not work for Exetel.

redo

Post by redo » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:20 am

In the Broadband Choice on Whirlpool ,Glen Iris, Victoria (GLIS) is listed as "This exchange has been enabled for ADSL2+ service by PowerTel / iiNet". It is also listed on the ADSL2 exchanges website list as enabled for Chime http://www.adsl2exchanges.com.au/viewex ... hange=GLIS.

It is not included on your list, I am hoping very much that it will be a late inclusion as this offer sounds just what I need.

James D

Post by James D » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:21 am

The list is Powertel/AAPT exchanges only (their own equipment), the Iinet exchanges are not included.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:54 pm

redo wrote:In the Broadband Choice on Whirlpool ,Glen Iris, Victoria (GLIS) is listed as "This exchange has been enabled for ADSL2+ service by PowerTel / iiNet". It is also listed on the ADSL2 exchanges website list as enabled for Chime http://www.adsl2exchanges.com.au/viewex ... hange=GLIS.

It is not included on your list, I am hoping very much that it will be a late inclusion as this offer sounds just what I need.
We could consider using the iinet exchanges via AAPT but a large part of the reasons for stopping using AAPT/Powertel ADSL2 services were the incredible problems that, in those early days, Powertel's systems had with interfacing with iinet's systems making for major customer unhappiness. We were never sure whether iinet were deliberately 'sabotaging' and unreasonably delaying provisioning and fault resolution or were just hopelessly incompetent in developing new wholesale systems.

Either way we couldn't live with the extraordinary delays and customer unhappiness.

We were also very unhappy with the ongoing situation where we would submit an application for ADSL2 services on an iinet exchange which would be rejected as "no ports available" and then have an iinet tele-marketer call the applicant saying that if they dealt direct with iinet ports were available.

I raised these issues with AAPT who assured me that there were now no longer provisioning problems and that I must be mistaken in my belief that iinet had acted to take confidential information and use it for 'marketing'.

I have been known to be mistaken in the past.

We'll see how the AAPT/Powertel exchanges go over the next month as we do the first few thousand re-locations and if there are no problems we will test the iinet situation.

We'll process around 1,000 NSW 8192/384 and 512/512 users before Christmas and then, if all goes well, do around 8,000 more by mid January. It will reduce our Telstra Wholesale bill by around $400,000 a month while not adding that much to the AAPT bill - so everyone wins.

soulman2001au

Post by soulman2001au » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:35 am

this is great news, as i have a adsl1 service, which i can hopefully change to adsl2. However, my telephone plan is the budget plan from telstra, which i recall, can't have a adsl2 service running over it. Therefore, if i change to adsl2 with exetel, will i have to change my phone to a higher plan? has anyone tried this before, and can it be done without changing to a more $$ phone plan?

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:44 am

soulman2001au wrote:this is great news, as i have a adsl1 service, which i can hopefully change to adsl2. However, my telephone plan is the budget plan from telstra, which i recall, can't have a adsl2 service running over it. Therefore, if i change to adsl2 with exetel, will i have to change my phone to a higher plan? has anyone tried this before, and can it be done without changing to a more $$ phone plan?
if you are already on the homeline budget plan you should be ok, they just try and stop people changing down to this plan

sevusal

Post by sevusal » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:15 pm

redo wrote:In the Broadband Choice on Whirlpool ,Glen Iris, Victoria (GLIS) is listed as "This exchange has been enabled for ADSL2+ service by PowerTel / iiNet". It is also listed on the ADSL2 exchanges website list as enabled for Chime http://www.adsl2exchanges.com.au/viewex ... hange=GLIS.

i have checked the same for Mitcham,VIC exchange. http://www.adsl2exchanges.com.au/viewex ... hange=MITM
i have both Exetel and AAPT come up as available ISP but not plan pricing? What does it mean? Am I eligible for PTLX plans?
can someone respond quickly. i really want to get ADSL2+ before x-mas as i am sick of aaNet now adn i want to give them nice x-mas present ;)

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:43 am

sevusal wrote:i have checked the same for Mitcham,VIC exchange. http://www.adsl2exchanges.com.au/viewex ... hange=MITM
i have both Exetel and AAPT come up as available ISP but not plan pricing? What does it mean? Am I eligible for PTLX plans?
can someone respond quickly. i really want to get ADSL2+ before x-mas as i am sick of aaNet now adn i want to give them nice x-mas present ;)
Unfortunately, I don't see Mitcham in the list in http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p229028. If you like, you can send an email to residentialsales@exetel.com.au to confirm.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:39 am

CoreyPlover wrote:
sevusal wrote:i have checked the same for Mitcham,VIC exchange. http://www.adsl2exchanges.com.au/viewex ... hange=MITM
Unfortunately, I don't see Mitcham in the list in http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p229028. If you like, you can send an email to residentialsales@exetel.com.au to confirm.
Mitcham is not covered.

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:45 am

Can one move from Optus ADSL2+ to these Powertel plans?

James D

Post by James D » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:49 am

thomashouseman wrote:Can one move from Optus ADSL2+ to these Powertel plans?
There is no easy way to do that. it would involve a cancellation + getting the line connected through testra again and then applying for the service.

sevusal

Post by sevusal » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:18 am

James wrote:
CoreyPlover wrote:
Mitcham is not covered.
what is i switch to Optus Home Comfort Lite phone line, will i be able to get ADSL2+ without phone option? basically i dont use my home phone at all except for ADSL line. so there is no point for me to spend $30 on line rental when i can get the same for $20!

please respond, thanks!