New Year Present (Limited)

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
dinocat

Re: New Year Present (Limited)

Post by dinocat » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:20 pm

Hi,

I'm on an exchange listed (Pennant Hills) on a TELE plan , but haven't received any received an offer yet. The only thing I can see on the "Change Plan" page that might be this is a plan called TELE(O), but going through to the application page for this plan says I'll be switched to Optus.

Should I wait for an offer to be emailed?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:21 pm

dinocat wrote:Hi,

I'm on an exchange listed (Pennant Hills) on a TELE plan , but haven't received any received an offer yet. The only thing I can see on the "Change Plan" page that might be this is a plan called TELE(O), but going through to the application page for this plan says I'll be switched to Optus.

Should I wait for an offer to be emailed?
If your exchange is AAPT enabled you will automatically be transferred at the same cost you pay at the moment.

The schedule will take time to complete - it will take until the end of February.

Paull

Post by Paull » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:05 pm

I too think this is a great offer, I’m 1 day out of my initial 6 month ADSL1 contract and keen for more speed!
But I have a question.

My exchange is VIC CBRG Coburg and shows as being available in the above list, so the service should be available to me.

I’m currently on an ADSL1 TELH $40.00 Plan, but I notice there is only a $35 and $45 PTL plan, the $35 would be ideal because it gives me the same downloads but is cheaper and faster. But the offer states “same monthly cost“, how will this affect me?

If all is good then I will process my request through the user facilities.

Thanks,
Paull

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:41 pm

Paull wrote:
If all is good then I will process my request through the user facilities.

Thanks,
Paull
You can't do it yourself - you will be changed automatically sometime over the next few weeks.

Once you are changed you can select a new ADSL2 plan if that's what you want to do.

dinocat

Post by dinocat » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:54 pm

So, we still have to apply for a change to a new ADSL2+ plan, I got the impression we'd just be changed to a an equivalent plan automatically.

How will we identify the appropriate plan on the "Change My Service" page?

ADSL1 Plan Price <- current service/plan
ADSL2+ PLAN PRICE - No Telephone <- does this correspond to this "New Year Present" plan? ADSL2+ with existing phone provider?
ADSL2+ PLAN PRICE - With Telephone <- swap to ADSL2+ and phone to Optus
ADSL2+ PLAN PRICE - Naked ADSL2 <- swap to ADSL2+ only - no line rental, no phone service

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:00 pm

ADSL2+ PLAN PRICE - No Telephone <- does this correspond to this "New Year Present" plan? ADSL2+ with existing phone provider?

Yes.

You shouldn't need to change plan, unless you wish for more / less quota. The current plan would continue on the ADSL2+ network if you do not change plans after migration.

kudabird

Post by kudabird » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:39 pm

soulman2001au wrote:
this is great news, as i have a adsl1 service, which i can hopefully change to adsl2. However, my telephone plan is the budget plan from telstra, which i recall, can't have a adsl2 service running over it. Therefore, if i change to adsl2 with exetel, will i have to change my phone to a higher plan? has anyone tried this before, and can it be done without changing to a more $$ phone plan?

if you are already on the homeline budget plan you should be ok, they just try and stop people changing down to this plan
Just going back over my emails but the message I recieved (Jan 7th) regarding this stated that you must move your PSTN service over to Exetel to qualify for the free changeover offer but a post and reply back in December indicates one would/could stay on Homeline Buget. This is a contradiction? What's the right answer?

Edit: Checking my message again it's for a free and equivelant changeover to Optus ADSL2 and not Powertel. Perhaps that explains the requirement for shifting the PSTN and why I ignored the message first time round. Is there an updated exchange list as my exchange has Powertel?

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:45 pm

You can check availability for PowerTel here:
http://sq.exetel.com.au/cgi-bin/adsl2_no_phone.pl

kogi

Post by kogi » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:09 pm

So, is it alphabetical? Botany at the top of the list? :D

kogi

kudabird

Post by kudabird » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:33 am

Still somewhat confused.

The email offer for me was for a transfer to ADSL2 on Optus which requires me to also transfer PSTN to Exetel at $30 per month line rental. The offer in this form doesn't interest me (and it's not really the reason for this thread in any case).

It seems from reading the threads that there are both PowerTel exchanges and PowerTel/iiNet exchanges and that what you're attempting to do is transfer ADSL1 customers to PowerTel only and not get mixed up with iiNet. A number check of Whirlpool says I have access to PowerTel but how can I check that it is Powertel only and not a shared iiNet DSLAM connection?

Ignoring the Optus offer sent, assuming that my number is now available to PowerTel and you move me, how will I know that such a backend change has occured? Will I recieve notification, a different plan title in members aea etc?

And lastly, if someone is moved to PowerTel (but retains PSTN via Telstra) what consequences are there for the end user? Can they 'legally' remain on Homeline budget, and what will this do to the ability of someone that later wished to churn to a different provider, for example, they would then have the addition cost to (temporarily) re-establish a fully Telstra service for the purposes of then churning etc?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:32 am

kudabird wrote:Still somewhat confused.

The email offer for me was for a transfer to ADSL2 on Optus which requires me to also transfer PSTN to Exetel at $30 per month line rental. The offer in this form doesn't interest me (and it's not really the reason for this thread in any case).

1) It seems from reading the threads that there are both PowerTel exchanges and PowerTel/iiNet exchanges and that what you're attempting to do is transfer ADSL1 customers to PowerTel only and not get mixed up with iiNet. A number check of Whirlpool says I have access to PowerTel but how can I check that it is Powertel only and not a shared iiNet DSLAM connection?

2) Ignoring the Optus offer sent, assuming that my number is now available to PowerTel and you move me, how will I know that such a backend change has occured? Will I recieve notification, a different plan title in members aea etc?

3) And lastly, if someone is moved to PowerTel (but retains PSTN via Telstra) what consequences are there for the end user? Can they 'legally' remain on Homeline budget, and what will this do to the ability of someone that later wished to churn to a different provider, for example, they would then have the addition cost to (temporarily) re-establish a fully Telstra service for the purposes of then churning etc?
1) Check on the Exetel 'tool' for the Powertel ADSL2 exchanges.

2) You will get an email.

3) Nothing changes in terms of your current land line provider or your ability to use the 'fast churn' process.

kudabird

Post by kudabird » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:11 pm

Final post. When I checked the exchange using the Exetel link provided previously it says ADSL2 enabled but not from whom; it's only when you continue with an application does it show (in my case PTLx plans). Two quetsions, as I'm not in any particular hurry should I let Exetel do the Powertel changeover as part of normal business or should I specifically apply via the members area. And as I'm a long way from the exchange with I understand a rim nearby, should/could I PM someone in provisioning with my PSTN number to do a specific line check to validate that such a change is possible? Many thanks.

TassieDevil

Post by TassieDevil » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:25 pm

Hello all, and best regards to everyone for the New Year.. it's been quite a while since I posted on the forum.. ;)

I'm a little confused, so I sent an email to Exetel support, but I still don't quite understand. I've been on 512/128 for about 4 yrs now... and my exchange (Maitland, NSW) is listed on page 1 of the thread, but I'm told by support that I'm not eligible becos the exchange isn't enabled. The link a few posts above to the little test tool seems to confirm that.

Perhaps I'm really misunderstanding the offer ?

Kind Regards,
TassieDevil

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:37 pm

The information available shows that the MAIT exchange doesn't have ADSL2+ supplied by any of our suppliers.

grom

Post by grom » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:49 am

Sorry to be dense, but I'm a bit confused, too. I'm on the Stirling (S.A.) exchange.

Whirlpool / broadbandchoice says:
This exchange has been enabled for ADSL2+ service by Telstra ADSL2+.
This exchange has been enabled for ADSL2+ service by Optus.
This exchange has been enabled for ADSL2+ service by PowerTel / iiNet.
This exchange has been enabled for ADSL2+ service by Agile.
This exchange has been enabled for ADSL2+ service by AdamDirect.
And Exetel's checker (http://sq.exetel.com.au/cgi-bin/adsl2_no_phone.pl) says:
Your phone line 08XXXXXXXX is connected To STIC exchange, which is ADSL2 enabled. we are able to provide ADSL2 for your premises.
... so from this information and the posts in this thread I would assume that my connection will be automatically rolled over onto Powertel ADSL2+.

But, from another thread on these forums:
ForumAdmin wrote: (I understand that AAPT also wholesales the iinet ADSL2 exchanges but we chose not to transfer Exetel users to those exchanges).
I think the Stirling exchange is an iiNet Powertel exchange, so I think that implies that my connection won't be automatically rolled over. Backing this up, I've also not received any email from Exetel regarding the automatic Powertel ADSL2 rollover (although I did receive an Optus ADSL2 offer from Exetel).

I'm sorry to have to be another 'me too' post, but if someone could check my exchange and let me know what to expect, I'd be grateful. Thank you! :)