New Year Present (Limited)

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
sevusal

Re: New Year Present (Limited)

Post by sevusal » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:31 am

James wrote:Powertel is not available, you should switch to one of our naked DSL plans using the Optus network.
hmmm! thanks!
do you know if i apply for naked plan today, when will i get it? 7 working days??
also, do i need to cancle my aanet service and telstra phone line first before applying for naked plan?

craclan

Post by craclan » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:41 am

When will the new ADSL2 be avaialble on the user facilities. Will it be befor Xmas.
Regards,

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:51 am

sevusal wrote:
James wrote:Powertel is not available, you should switch to one of our naked DSL plans using the Optus network.
hmmm! thanks!
do you know if i apply for naked plan today, when will i get it? 7 working days??
also, do i need to cancle my aanet service and telstra phone line first before applying for naked plan?
It would most likely take up to 14 days.

You shouldn't cancel the service before hand, but provide each provider with notice.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:41 pm

craclan wrote:When will the new ADSL2 be avaialble on the user facilities. Will it be befor Xmas.
Regards,
It's available now.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:45 pm

I already did, get our NAKED ADSL2+.

eecchhoo

Post by eecchhoo » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:38 am

ForumAdmin wrote:
We'll see how the AAPT/Powertel exchanges go over the next month as we do the first few thousand re-locations and if there are no problems we will test the iinet situation.

We'll process around 1,000 NSW 8192/384 and 512/512 users before Christmas and then, if all goes well, do around 8,000 more by mid January. It will reduce our Telstra Wholesale bill by around $400,000 a month while not adding tat much to the AAPT bill - so everyone wins.
I just checked that Iinet just put in adsl2 dslam for my exchange Jandakot South in WA.

So if you are going to go ahead with the Iiinet it will be a great news for us in WA to be covered by the upgrade.

Hope all will be good next month.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:51 am

eecchhoo wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:
We'll see how the AAPT/Powertel exchanges go over the next month as we do the first few thousand re-locations and if there are no problems we will test the iinet situation.

We'll process around 1,000 NSW 8192/384 and 512/512 users before Christmas and then, if all goes well, do around 8,000 more by mid January. It will reduce our Telstra Wholesale bill by around $400,000 a month while not adding tat much to the AAPT bill - so everyone wins.
I just checked that Iinet just put in adsl2 dslam for my exchange Jandakot South in WA.

So if you are going to go ahead with the Iiinet it will be a great news for us in WA to be covered by the upgrade.

Hope all will be good next month.
We are not using IINET Dslams, only Powertel DSLAMs,

sevusal

Post by sevusal » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:54 am

ForumAdmin wrote:

iiNet already has ADSL2+ DSLAM in Mitcham,VIC exchange. does it mean that i should be able to get ADSL2+ (no phone) option around end of Jan if evrything goes smoothly?

craclan

Post by craclan » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:40 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
craclan wrote:When will the new ADSL2 be avaialble on the user facilities. Will it be befor Xmas.
Regards,
It's available now.
For current ADSL1 users
Regards

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:30 am

The first 300 ADSL1 customers have been switched over to the AAPT/PTlADSL2 service with only 4 customer's experiencing any 'down time'.

Another 300 should be completed today and tomorrow.

craclan

Post by craclan » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:57 pm

As a current Exetel ADSL1 customer, do I need to do anything or how long will it be before I can tke advantage of the great offer that Exetel is providing.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:06 pm

craclan wrote:As a current Exetel ADSL1 customer, do I need to do anything or how long will it be before I can tke advantage of the great offer that Exetel is providing.
If you are on a PTL/AAPT exchange you will be transferred automatically over the next four weeks.

We are doing it very slowly at this time to make sure there are no problems (like with old ADSL1 modems that can't handle the ADSL2 speeds).

aja

Post by aja » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:09 am

ForumAdmin wrote:
redo wrote:In the Broadband Choice on Whirlpool ,Glen Iris, Victoria (GLIS) is listed as "This exchange has been enabled for ADSL2+ service by PowerTel / iiNet". It is also listed on the ADSL2 exchanges website list as enabled for Chime http://www.adsl2exchanges.com.au/viewex ... hange=GLIS.

It is not included on your list, I am hoping very much that it will be a late inclusion as this offer sounds just what I need.
We could consider using the iinet exchanges via AAPT but a large part of the reasons for stopping using AAPT/Powertel ADSL2 services were the incredible problems that, in those early days, Powertel's systems had with interfacing with iinet's systems making for major customer unhappiness. We were never sure whether iinet were deliberately 'sabotaging' and unreasonably delaying provisioning and fault resolution or were just hopelessly incompetent. in developing new wholesale systems.

Either way we couldn't live with the extraordinary delays and customer unhappiness.

We were also very unhappy with the ongoing situation where we would submit an application for ADSL2 services on an iinet exchange which would be rejected as "no ports available" and then have an iinet tele-marketer call the applicant saying that if they dealt direct with iinet ports were available.

I raised these issues with AAPT who assured me that there were now no longer provisioning problems and that I must be mistaken in my belief that iinet had acted to take confidential information and use it for 'marketing'.

I have been known to be mistaken in the past.

I am also on an exchange with an iinet DSLAM in it, and while trying to choose a new ISP on whirlpool (my task for this holiday, sorting out the phone plan and stuff) I found the same as redo, naturally I'd rather stay with Exetel, is there somewhere you're planning to discuss iinet DSLAMs and your support or not of them?

Thanks,
aja

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:13 am

aja wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:
redo wrote:In the Broadband Choice on Whirlpool ,Glen Iris, Victoria (GLIS) is listed as "This exchange has been enabled for ADSL2+ service by PowerTel / iiNet". It is also listed on the ADSL2 exchanges website list as enabled for Chime http://www.adsl2exchanges.com.au/viewex ... hange=GLIS.

It is not included on your list, I am hoping very much that it will be a late inclusion as this offer sounds just what I need.
I am also on an exchange with an iinet DSLAM in it, and while trying to choose a new ISP on whirlpool (my task for this holiday, sorting out the phone plan and stuff) I found the same as redo, naturally I'd rather stay with Exetel, is there somewhere you're planning to discuss iinet DSLAMs and your support or not of them?

Thanks,
aja
We will look at using the iinet exchanges retailed by AAPT in early January once we have determined the level of success achieved in the transfers t the AAPT owned exchanges.

craclan

Post by craclan » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:24 pm

Hi, I'm currently on ADSL1 with Exetel at the Botany exchange. Do you have any idea when I will go over to ADSL2.
Regards