James
Exetel Staff

Re: New Year Present (Limited)

Post by James » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:15 pm

Soon.

ozdealer

Post by ozdealer » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:54 pm

Just out of interest, was this sent out to all ADSL1 customers?

I received the offer, however due to the local exchange not being on the list,nor having the appropriate local infrastructure (exchange ->fibre>->CMUX->copper->house) it doesn't look like I will ever get anything but ADSL1 on Telstra infrastructure...what happens to those of us in this situation? Will ADSL1 be withdrawn ie will I need to find a new provider?

Would love to have switched to ADSL2+ :( :(

grom

Post by grom » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:15 am

ozdealer wrote:Just out of interest, was this sent out to all ADSL1 customers?

I received the offer, however due to the local exchange not being on the list ...
Was it this (Powertel) offer that you received, or another one?

I received an offer in an email yesterday regarding transferring my Telstra ADSL1 connection to an Optus ADSL2 connection, but it's not the same as the Powertel offer that's the topic of this thread. But I haven't received the Powertel offer (I wouldn't expect to, either, given that my exchange is not on the list), so it wasn't sent to all ADSL1 customers.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:35 am

My daughter's on 256k ADSL1 on the Powertel-enabled Chatswood exchange, and hasn't yet received an offer. Should she be patient?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:05 pm

ozdealer wrote:Just out of interest, was this sent out to all ADSL1 customers?

I received the offer, however due to the local exchange not being on the list,nor having the appropriate local infrastructure (exchange ->fibre>->CMUX->copper->house) it doesn't look like I will ever get anything but ADSL1 on Telstra infrastructure...what happens to those of us in this situation? Will ADSL1 be withdrawn ie will I need to find a new provider?

Would love to have switched to ADSL2+ :( :(
We did the 'sweep' against Optus exchanges with ports available as per the Optus exchange list - so you shouldn't have received an email unless your telephone number matched the Optus list.

Perhaps the fibre part of the path didn't register on the search?

Exetel has no plans for ceasing the supply of ADSL1 services to current customers.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:07 pm

Dazzled wrote:My daughter's on 256k ADSL1 on the Powertel-enabled Chatswood exchange, and hasn't yet received an offer. Should she be patient?
She should be able to go to the Users Facilities and apply for the zero cost transfer there.

If you PM me her number I'll get it processed.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:20 pm

Thank you. PM sent.

jayday

Post by jayday » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:26 pm

Mod Delete
Last edited by jayday on Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:41 pm

jayday wrote:I've been on ADSL1 for 7 months, my exchange is on the list of PTL enabled. I called Exetel support and got a fairly nice guy and he said my service number was acceptable to get ADSL2+

I sent an email that night to Exetel sales to double check and James D said I cannot get the service. I am on the VIC WHLL - Wheelers Hill exchange, its been a couple of months since I last checked for ADSL2+ availability, I just want to double check if I can take action of this offer or not.
Exetel will automatically transfer you if it's possible over the next 4 - 6 weeks.

Alternatively you can transfer yourself from the User Facilities.

Taltosss

Post by Taltosss » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:08 pm

I'm a little confused,

I am currently on ADSL 1 TELI plan. I am on the Sunshine Coast living on Kawana Island (Parrearra) on the Wurtulla exchange I think. Number is 07 5493 xxxx. I think this entire development is on a RIM.

On the 7/1/09 I received the email from Exetel regarding a free transfer of my ADSL 1 to ADSL 2 service at no cost. Had to include local phone being provided by Exetel and made mention that this was an Optus/Exetel ADSL 2 service. If I wanted to change before the end of February, to login and select ADSL, Change my service from the left hand menu.

I have checked the left hand menu and find it is giving me the option to select and apply for any of the PTL plans as well as INC2DSL and NAK2. Given that I think I'm on a RIM, are any of these plans in fact available to me? Ideally I would love naked adsl but have always thought it to be unavailable.

Which of the plans is the one referred to in my email from Exetel? Is it the INC2DSL? Should I apply for any of the plans listed in the Change my service menu and just see what the result is??

Thanks for any suggestions from the admins.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:18 pm

Taltosss wrote:I'm a little confused,

I am currently on ADSL 1 TELI plan. I am on the Sunshine Coast living on Kawana Island (Parrearra) on the Wurtulla exchange I think. Number is 07 5493 xxxx. I think this entire development is on a RIM.

On the 7/1/09 I received the email from Exetel regarding a free transfer of my ADSL 1 to ADSL 2 service at no cost. Had to include local phone being provided by Exetel and made mention that this was an Optus/Exetel ADSL 2 service. If I wanted to change before the end of February, to login and select ADSL, Change my service from the left hand menu.

I have checked the left hand menu and find it is giving me the option to select and apply for any of the PTL plans as well as INC2DSL and NAK2. Given that I think I'm on a RIM, are any of these plans in fact available to me? Ideally I would love naked adsl but have always thought it to be unavailable.

Which of the plans is the one referred to in my email from Exetel? Is it the INC2DSL? Should I apply for any of the plans listed in the Change my service menu and just see what the result is??

Thanks for any suggestions from the admins.

We do not check if yu are on a RIM/Pair Gain when the emails are sent, but if you know you're on one, you cannot get ADSL2.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:20 pm

Taltosss wrote:Which of the plans is the one referred to in my email from Exetel? Is it the INC2DSL? Should I apply for any of the plans listed in the Change my service menu and just see what the result is??
INC2DSL is the Optus bundled ADSL2+ package, yes.

You can go right ahead and apply for any plan to see what the result is, or use the availability checker that appears as part of the web based ordering process, or email residentialsupport@exetel.com.au and ask them to confirm your options based on your service number. http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.ph ... 4&p=228670 and http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p229028 also have a list of the PTL enabled exchanges if you are considering the PTL plans.

Taltosss

Post by Taltosss » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:10 pm

Thanks James and Corey. I will send an email with my number and see what my options are, though I'm not very hopeful!!

flak

Post by flak » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:33 am

Just wondering if iiNet DSLAMs were now in scope?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:37 am

flak wrote:Just wondering if iiNet DSLAMs were now in scope?
Only 'by accident' (PTL's "filtering" doesn't work correctly and allows applications through on iinet exchanges when it shouldn't).

One of the 'by accident' activations ran in to the same difficulties we experienced early in 2008 that caused us to stop selling the Powertel service and while the transfers to PTL's own DSLAMs is very smooth the transfers (albeit accidental) to iiNet are the same old nightmare of a problem arises and iinet do nothing about resolving it for, literally, weeks on occasions.

I doubt that it's deliberate (perhaps I'm naive) but it seems that PTL's and iinet's systems just don't work effectively.

Either that or iiNet deliberately sabotages the interfaces to cause customer anger for competitor ISPs stupid enough to use their network.

If that situation changes/get's resolved and the pricing is suitable we will reconsider the current position of - "not in a million years".