VOIP Services That Don’t Make Calls

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
nihonjin
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: VOIP Services That Don’t Make Calls

Post by nihonjin » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:38 am

Personally i dont need the DID as i use it for outbound only and never for incoming. I would be happy to have the DID removed if it saved money to exetel.

ForumAdmin
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: VOIP Services That Don’t Make Calls

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:45 pm

nihonjin wrote:Personally i dont need the DID as i use it for outbound only and never for incoming. I would be happy to have the DID removed if it saved money to exetel.
Thank you for your support.

We have NO problem with any customer using the DID to make calls/receve calls.

Our only issue is that people who register for a VoIP service and then don't use it annoy our supplier and we need to address that issue by taking the proposed action.

Reader
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:15 am
Location: Tasmania

Re: VOIP Services That Don’t Make Calls

Post by Reader » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:24 pm

I am on the 'Bundled A' internet access plan and when I chose it I thought the voice/ADSL bundle would change my PSTN billing to Exetel as I don't think voip was mentioned in the sign up. After getting the email that this topic is about I cancelled the voip service at my user facility this morning.
I received an "Exetel Has Received Your Cancel VoIP Service Request" email which says 'Your current service will be cancelled on the next working day'.
Now this afternoon I've received a 'Activation of Exetel VOIP Service' email with a number allocation and info on how to setup voip. This makes no sense so I guess the latest message is a mistake?
Cheers, Jeff.

jayday
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:10 pm

Re: VOIP Services That Don’t Make Calls

Post by jayday » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:21 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:Our only issue is that people who register for a VoIP service and then don't use it annoy our supplier and we need to address that issue by taking the proposed action.
I thought it also would slow down the signup's of VoIP services that are going to be forgotten about also, anyway I think the new policy will do great for the supplier and Exetel, $1 is very cheap for a DID indeed.

ForumAdmin
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: VOIP Services That Don’t Make Calls

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:40 pm

jayday wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:Our only issue is that people who register for a VoIP service and then don't use it annoy our supplier and we need to address that issue by taking the proposed action.
I thought it also would slow down the signup's of VoIP services that are going to be forgotten about also, anyway I think the new policy will do great for the supplier and Exetel, $1 is very cheap for a DID indeed.
....but we aren't charging for the DID as long as it's being used.

vk3xem
Posts: 910
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:45 pm
Location: HEALESVILLE
Contact:

Re: VOIP Services That Don’t Make Calls

Post by vk3xem » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:46 am

ForumAdmin wrote:
jayday wrote:I thought it also would slow down the signup's of VoIP services that are going to be forgotten about also, anyway I think the new policy will do great for the supplier and Exetel, $1 is very cheap for a DID indeed.
....but we aren't charging for the DID as long as it's being used.
I think jayday has missed the point. The motive behind this policy is not to make $1 out of the inactive DIDs, but rather to encourage people that never user their DIDs or VoIP service to seriously consider relinquishing them because it is a waste of a limited resource rather than costs involved.

Fair enough if you are a regular user of VoIP and occasionally you don't use it for a month, no real big deal paying the $1. But why waste the $1 every month just to have a DID you never use? It is more a case of releasing the many, many unused DIDs that are never used to allow them to eventually be put back into circulation and keep Exetel's supplier happy before they do start charging additional fees on all of us.

Like I have stated previously I already use the VoIP DID that was available to me with my ADSL account but I have no use at this time for the one available to me on my HSPA plan, so I haven't even bothered to activate it. It is good to know that if I do have a use for one further down the track I can easily activate the one available to me, but until then...
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 2970
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:23 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: VOIP Services That Don’t Make Calls

Post by jokiin » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:59 am

vk3xem wrote: Like I have stated previously I already use the VoIP DID that was available to me with my ADSL account but I have no use at this time for the one available to me on my HSPA plan...
Likewise, my ADSL account DID gets used all the time, my HSPA one I have no use for but it was automatically supplied with the account, I think including one with the deal is good, no need to activate it though, just leave that to the customer to do if and when they need to

karLos
Posts: 226
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:28 pm
Location: Stanmore, NSW
Contact:

Re: VOIP Services That Don’t Make Calls

Post by karLos » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:54 am

the very fact that it has become a problem (many, many customers with DID/voip they aren't using) suggests to me that perhaps exetel does indeed need to rethink setup of voip - ie don't make it automatic with every service, because obviously not everyone wants/needs it.

making voip available under the same conditions available now and allowing the customer to signup/setup their voip and choose their DID as the service/s are required seems a better solution than adding fees as an after-thought to wasted resources.

my 2c for the day, perhaps. :)

sable
Posts: 651
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:28 am
Location: NSW

Re: VOIP Services That Don’t Make Calls

Post by sable » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:27 am

by Reader on Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:24 pm

I am on the 'Bundled A' internet access plan and when
It is a condition of your bundled 'A' plan that you maintain a VOIP account with a minimum spend of $5 per month together with a minimum spend $5 per month mobile account - this bundle allows you to only pay a base $30 or 35 (depending when you signed up) per month for a 1500 adsl1 connection.

That is what you signed up for.

So you cannot cancel your voip account and the automated system will create a new one for you every time you cancel. Please do not cancel again.

The bundled plan from Exetel has nothing to do with your line rental, Exetel do not provide line rental for ADSL1 plans

raymond
Exetel Staff
Posts: 345
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:46 pm

Re: VOIP Services That Don’t Make Calls

Post by raymond » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:13 am

karLos wrote:the very fact that it has become a problem (many, many customers with DID/voip they aren't using) suggests to me that perhaps exetel does indeed need to rethink setup of voip - ie don't make it automatic with every service, because obviously not everyone wants/needs it.

making voip available under the same conditions available now and allowing the customer to signup/setup their voip and choose their DID as the service/s are required seems a better solution than adding fees as an after-thought to wasted resources.

my 2c for the day, perhaps. :)
We only have two automatic VOIP order creations.
1. Naked ADSL2 service - service includes one VOIP.
2. Bundled ADSL1 service - service includes one VOIP and one mobile.

karLos
Posts: 226
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:28 pm
Location: Stanmore, NSW
Contact:

Re: VOIP Services That Don’t Make Calls

Post by karLos » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:21 am

if there are only two automatic order creations where are the 'many, many' coming from? are people ordering a voip service with a did and then not using it?

interesting what goes through peoples minds...

Post Reply