Plan "Add Ons" Upgrade

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
ForumAdmin

Plan "Add Ons" Upgrade

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:05 pm

Exetel is continuing its policy of adding value to the broad band plans it provides to its customers.

Recently the 12 midnight to 12 noon download allowance had been increased from 48 gb to 54 gb from 1st January 2009.

This is to advise you of two additional increases in the “add on” benefits associated with your Exetel broadband plans from Februry 1st 2009:

SMS From Your Desk Top Allowance Increased

The number of no charge SMS (to Australian destinations) allowance has been increased from 20 to 30 from 1st February 2009.

Free Faxes Now Available On All Eligible Services

Also from 1st February 2009 the first 20 faxes sent using the Exetel ‘FAX over Broad Band’ service will be at no charge.

To get assistance on how to use this service please visit the Exetel user Facilities or the Exetel User Forum here:

http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewforum.php?f=304

vk3xem

Re: Plan "Add Ons" Upgrade

Post by vk3xem » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:17 pm

INCREDIBLE :!:

Thanks Exetel.
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

Yabbie

Post by Yabbie » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:24 pm

Yep, fantastic. I use the SMS facility all the time, so thanks Exetel!

(Now, if only you guys could improve the way SMS works when I'm at work, ie: get rid of that annoying PIN thing).

peterh_oz

Post by peterh_oz » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:55 pm

Yabbie wrote:Yep, fantastic. I use the SMS facility all the time, so thanks Exetel!

(Now, if only you guys could improve the way SMS works when I'm at work, ie: get rid of that annoying PIN thing).
The PIN is because you're using the web SMS from a non-Exetel connection/IP. There were hackers sending thousands of SMS a coupla months ago from other people's accounts, so the PIN is to prevent that by ensuring you are you when you're not using your usual location.

Yabbie

Post by Yabbie » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:02 pm

peterh_oz wrote:
Yabbie wrote:Yep, fantastic. I use the SMS facility all the time, so thanks Exetel!

The PIN is because you're using the web SMS from a non-Exetel connection/IP. There were hackers sending thousands of SMS a coupla months ago from other people's accounts, so the PIN is to prevent that by ensuring you are you when you're not using your usual location.
I know what it's for, I just wonder if there could be a better system. I'm getting stung for the cost of a message each time I request a PIN, plus, you have to wait each time for the PIN to come through.

stahmoy

Post by stahmoy » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:07 pm

Great news, thanks Exetel!

I was wondering, though, what the 'eligible' plans are? Are they the ADSL 2+ and phone plans, or Naked plans, or others? I couldn't find this info on their site or in the e-mail.

stahmoy

Post by stahmoy » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:09 pm

Yabbie wrote:I know what it's for, I just wonder if there could be a better system. I'm getting stung for the cost of a message each time I request a PIN, plus, you have to wait each time for the PIN to come through.
Hey Yabbie, the PIN number doesn't change unless you re-request for a new one. That means that as long as you save your previous PIN, you're able to re-use it when you're sending SMSs outside of the Exetel network. I've been using the same PIN many a times now, and it works.

Munka

Post by Munka » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:11 pm

Yabbie wrote: I know what it's for, I just wonder if there could be a better system. I'm getting stung for the cost of a message each time I request a PIN, plus, you have to wait each time for the PIN to come through.
That is weird, FF saved the original PIN that I was sent and it allows me access, for me at least it is reusable, have you tried using a previous PIN.

Edit: beaten.
Munka

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:12 pm

stahmoy wrote:
Yabbie wrote:I know what it's for, I just wonder if there could be a better system. I'm getting stung for the cost of a message each time I request a PIN, plus, you have to wait each time for the PIN to come through.
Hey Yabbie, the PIN number doesn't change unless you re-request for a new one. That means that as long as you save your previous PIN, you're able to re-use it when you're sending SMSs outside of the Exetel network. I've been using the same PIN many a times now, and it works.
or use the eXeSMS program and you don't need to keep entering a PIN

Yabbie

Post by Yabbie » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:18 pm

stahmoy wrote:
Hmm, right you are. I could have sworn I've tried that in the past. Guess not. Well. One dunce here! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

loudon

Post by loudon » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:57 pm

Thanks for the extra "add-ons", Exetel.

.... now I'll just have to try and find a use for them all!

I haven't used sms or fax all that much over the last year.

.... but its nice to know you are arranging things so that I am encouraged to do so.

Regards,

Harry.

gong_guy

Post by gong_guy » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:00 pm

Free Fax sounds good

Cool thanks

Oh one more thing, Is that per month?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:34 pm

gong_guy wrote:Free Fax sounds good

Cool thanks

Oh one more thing, Is that per month?
Yes - per month.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:35 pm

stahmoy wrote:Great news, thanks Exetel!

I was wondering, though, what the 'eligible' plans are? Are they the ADSL 2+ and phone plans, or Naked plans, or others? I couldn't find this info on their site or in the e-mail.
Eligible Plan = Any Broad Band Plan already including free SMS.

ottyacat

Post by ottyacat » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:54 pm

Thanks Exetel :)