Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
paul5666

Re: Migration Of ADSL1 Customers To Optus ADSL2

Post by paul5666 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:47 pm

damn. unlucky me

Rex Nebular

Post by Rex Nebular » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:49 pm

I'm on ADSL1 but I didn't receive the email and now there are no (O) plans listed on the change my service page.

noki388

Post by noki388 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:05 pm

noki388 wrote:thanks jason,

what about the phone number? i understand that i keep it if i change from telstra to exetel/optus. what if i have to transfer away from exetel/optus - can i keep my number? i read somewhere that changing from a ull service back to ptsn, i lose my number as telstra considers it a new line.

many thanks
bump. will i be able to keep my phone number should want to go back to telstra?

thanks

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:48 pm

Yes, you would need to PORT the number prior to cancellation.

noki388

Post by noki388 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:02 am

thanks james

kirky007

Post by kirky007 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:48 am

Hi Exetel folks,

I've been thinking of moving over from my adsl1 TELP plan to one of the naked ADSL2 offerings (apparently my exchange is Optus adsl2 enabled and has free ports).

I checked a week or so ago and the options were listed in the members area, but now I only can see the one option to transfer to this TELP(O) offer (with the bundled exetel phone line rental). Will the other ADSL2 service transfer options be making a re-appearance?

And one final question, which is sorta why I've been hesitant to switch to naked adsl2 - what happens when there is a line fault, is it Telstras or Exetels issue to resolve? How do you log a fault with Telstra if you no longer have a phone number?? I ask this as up here in Townsville my line has been abysmal this last month due to all the rain & flooding. Telstra finally seem to of fixed it yesterday, back to full sync (where before I was lucky to get 256kpbs).

cheers
kirky

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:39 am

kirky007 wrote:Hi Exetel folks,

I've been thinking of moving over from my adsl1 TELP plan to one of the naked ADSL2 offerings (apparently my exchange is Optus adsl2 enabled and has free ports).

I checked a week or so ago and the options were listed in the members area, but now I only can see the one option to transfer to this TELP(O) offer (with the bundled exetel phone line rental). Will the other ADSL2 service transfer options be making a re-appearance?

And one final question, which is sorta why I've been hesitant to switch to naked adsl2 - what happens when there is a line fault, is it Telstras or Exetels issue to resolve? How do you log a fault with Telstra if you no longer have a phone number?? I ask this as up here in Townsville my line has been abysmal this last month due to all the rain & flooding. Telstra finally seem to of fixed it yesterday, back to full sync (where before I was lucky to get 256kpbs).

cheers
kirky
The same way we fix SHDSL faults (they don't have numbers either), every line has an account number.

qazxsw

Post by qazxsw » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:18 am

Can I specify when the cutover to happen? I don't see anywhere I can do so.

What is the lead time for the transfer?

Thanks.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:33 pm

qazxsw wrote:Can I specify when the cutover to happen? I don't see anywhere I can do so.

What is the lead time for the transfer?

Thanks.
Not really - it takes around three to five working days.

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:46 am

When converting from the TELH (ADSL1) plan to a TELH (O) (ADSL2) plan, would we need to pay the $130 Line activation fee associated with upgrading from ADSL1 to ADSL2?

Lawrie

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:08 pm

Lawrie wrote:When converting from the TELH (ADSL1) plan to a TELH (O) (ADSL2) plan, would we need to pay the $130 Line activation fee associated with upgrading from ADSL1 to ADSL2?

Lawrie

I ask this because I got charged $130 and when I raised an issue via the billing team they confirmed that this would be the case.
I am not yet convinced that this is the case.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:45 pm

Lawrie wrote:When converting from the TELH (ADSL1) plan to a TELH (O) (ADSL2) plan, would we need to pay the $130 Line activation fee associated with upgrading from ADSL1 to ADSL2?

Lawrie
If you go to the User Facilities and look at the application form you will see that there is no transfer charge.

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:50 pm

If you go to the User Facilities and look at the application form you will see that there is no transfer charge.
Then why did I get charged the $130 Line activation fee and how do I convince the Billing dept to give me my money back? :lol:

It is being looked at in ticket [#1121028]:

Lawrie

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:22 pm

Lawrie wrote:
Then why did I get charged the $130 Line activation fee and how do I convince the Billing dept to give me my money back? :lol:

It is being looked at in ticket [#1121028]:

Lawrie
Email:

brendonc@exetel.com.au

Ditman1

Post by Ditman1 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:22 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
noki388 wrote:hello, i too have received the offer and looking to transfer but need a few things confirmed.

1. is this still telstra infrasture that it is based on, but wholesaled from optus
2. do i keep my current phone number.
3. can i keep my number silent.
4. if i decide to leave exetel, am i restricted in who i can go to or are the options the same as they are currently.

many thanks for your help
1) No - ADSL2 is not via Telstra. your telephone line is still Telstra from your home to the exchange but from their it's Optus.

2) Yes.

3) Yes - you must select that feature when ordering the service.

4) You are restricted in the same way you are restricted if you select BigPond ADSL2. Having said that the restriction manifests itself in a disconnection followed by a re-connection which is time dependent on Telstra doing it - so if you were to transfer to go from Exetel/Optus to Telstra ADSL2 then it would be quick and proably at no cost anyone else it would be slow and there would be a cost.
Hi

The above answers some of my questions and I am keen to transfer to this package but can you please supply the answers to questions below :

1. Does Optus offer Messagebank and if so at what cost ?

2. Does Optus offer Caller number display and at what cost ?

3. On adsl1 I have a voip number can this also be transfered to adsl2 ( so I can keep the number ) ?

Just as a note I am impressed yet again by Exetel.

Thanks