Transfer Your Current PSTN Home Number To Exetel VoIP

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
DazzleMe

Re: Transfer Your Current PSTN Home Number To Exetel VoIP

Post by DazzleMe » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:21 am

Hi Guys,

Currently, I have a Duo PSTN line at home (2 phone numbers on the one line). Am I able to port both PSTN numbers across to VOIP? Or can I only do the one main number?

Cheers
Dazzleme

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:25 am

You won't be able to sign up for the ADSL2+ service, as the Multiple Number is a Complex Service.

Rattler

Post by Rattler » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:00 pm

paulp wrote:@Rattler

email paulp@exetel.com.au with specific details and I'll go about changing it.

Hello Paul,

You got me moving fast so thanks. Also, about the change you would make for me, I have sent an email about it. Might not have taken place as yet though best to be sure. Still might be INC and not Naked.

Again..........thanks!

John.

sparkyboy767

Post by sparkyboy767 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:18 pm

paulp wrote:@ wmfoster;
@ sparkyboy767
I thought I answered your inquiry before..in any event;
You probably did... I'm just easily confused :P Which leads me to these points of clarification...
- secondary numbers on a main line is not possible. If you mean 'secondary' on a seperate copper line (so it's really a main number on another line) then you can do this
Yes. It is a secondary copper line. On Telstra infrastructure.
- PSTN to VOIP is only bundled with ADSL at this stage on ordering at this stage. ETA really depends on reliability and process of current services. at least a few weeks off technically and more importantly I need approval.
OK. So basically my options are to sit tight and wait (I've got two free months with Telstra as part of their "win-back" offer, so I've got about 7 weeks up my sleeve) or port to another VSP.
- As long as that VSP is Telstra, OPTUS, AAPT or MCI hosted it can be ported to a VOIP number. SOUL numbers can not be ported (no agreement in place with our carrier for soul)
Thanks for that info! I assume the porting charge will be the same $15 fee?

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:47 pm

Are you getting many of your requests for new Naked services applying for their PSTN number to be ported?

When will this facility be available for existing ADSL2 customers wanting to convert to Naked with PSTN number ported?

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:52 pm

@Lawrie ,

Existing bundled customers will have this option by Friday C.O.B

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:24 pm

paulp wrote:Q.4 How does this process work?

A. Exetel will receive you order and verify your address and billing details. Once your order passes qualification an estimated connection date will be given for your Naked ADSL2 service. Once this is completed, your Telephone number will then be processed into a VOIP number. It can take anywhere from 5-10 days after your Naked ADSL2 service is completed before your telephone number is converted into a VOIP number and you will be notified via e-mail and SMS when this happens.
Paul can you please offer some clarification regarding the process. During the time it takes between applying for Naked ADSL (in my case converting from an existing INC2DSLA plan) and getting my PSTN number converted to my VoIP number, is there any time when the PSTN number is not able to receive incoming calls? ie. is there any down time.

This is important in assisting me to decide when to put my application in, as there are times of the year when my family receive important calls to our advertised PSTN number.

Lawrie.

slave1

Post by slave1 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:04 pm

I know this PSTN transfer service is currently only available currently for new applicants, but could I put my hand up to be a 'testing scapegoat' for restoring old PSTN numbers to be ported back to a VoIP DID for those who signed up with a Naked DSL service prior to the PSTN porting feature being added? This is from when I signed on for a Naked DSL plan in August 2008. DIDs in my area aren't currently available from Exetel and it'd be good to have my old number back :D

For consideration - thanks in advance.

psycho.circus

Post by psycho.circus » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:57 pm

Hi all,

Was there an update since last week for existing customers? I believe the option for existing customers to port was meant to go live on Friday.

Also, I think I asked this previously but with no response, if I ported my number from PSTN to a VOIP carrier and I would now like to port from the VOIP carrier to Exetel is this going to be possible? I'm not under any contracts and the number should still be portable.

Regards,

Matthew

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:59 pm

It is available on the Change My Service form in User Facilities (Naked DSL plans).

The ability to port a number unrelated to your service does not currently exist.

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:23 pm

Lawrie,

You should be able to receive calls.

Alana

Post by Alana » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:32 pm

Hi
Just having problems finding were I can apply to change to Naked ADSL 2, plus transfer my current PSTN Home Number to VOIP.
Could not find it in change my service. Maybe I am looking in the wrong spot??
Can you help??

Alana

Post by Alana » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:23 am

When I go to the link you gave me, I only get this on the page
You currently are not on ADSL1 Plan. You cannot view your details.
I am on an ADSL2 plan. On the members page where do I go

Thanks

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:36 am

Alana wrote: I am on an ADSL2 plan. On the members page where do I go

Thanks
From the Members Facility page select ADSL from the left hand menu
then select Change My Service
The Apply for the Naked plan of your choice
on the Change Plan page there is a VoIP to PSTN section

VoIP to PSTN
Do you wish to use the existing telephone service number as your VOIP number? Yes No

Please note that if you select 'Yes', the telephone service can be active (although barred from making any calls) for up to another 10 days as the process to move the telephone service to a VOIP number will commence upon successful completion of the ADSL2 circuit.
Selecting 'No' assigns a new VOIP number to you based on location. The telephone service will be ceased upon ADSL2 completion.

I understand that applying for this PSTN to VOIP process will incur a once off porting charge of $15