I've just finished reading this entire post(!) as only just saw the new pstn to voip feature in the adsl2 section. Did you guys send out a notice to existing customers about this? Or is this service still in trial status? I'm currently on the ADSL1 TL-BA plan and had a few questions about the pstn to voip faq:
1. It might be elsewhere, but a date on the faq page would be a good idea, ie. it gives customers a cue that the service is go. Subsequently, if it ain't yet ready for prime time, say so on the faq.
2. Which existing Exetel recommended modems can be used on a naked adsl2 service? ie. I have the dynalink 1046vw - does this work? I don't see recommended modems on either the naked adsl2 page, or the pstn to voip faq.
3. I tried applying for the NAK2A plan (ie. not from the members page) to see what it would say about service availability, as adsl2 is not available to me (as I'm in a Mirvac estate in Heatherton), and although the exchange is adsl2 enabled, we are on a RIM.
4. the application says Telephone Service Availability is "Transfer Current Telephone Service Available". What does this mean? Can I get NAK2A? Also, does this mean I can do the pstn to voip number transfer?
5. The adsl2 service availability says "not available now". Does this mean I can't apply for NAK2A?
6. if I have an existing DID, should i cancel this once I get the pstn voip number active and put that number in the modem settings page? I assume it just won't be used anymore, as the settings on the modem will just be pointed to use the new number for outgoing calls.
7. can I cancel telstra once the naked service, and ported pstn number are active?
8. the language on the application forms is inconsistent. If I do a new application, condition 7 which starts with WARNING, says the pstn number is deleted and non-transferrable back to Telstra. However if I select Change my service from my Member page, there is no such condition. Also, this "deleted" info seems to contradict what your saying in the posts over the past 12 or so pages, which is that there is a number still active (but with no phone calls able to be made), that can be transferred back, if in the event you leave Exetel. Can you clarify?