I followed what you suggested
From the Members Facility page select ADSL from the left hand menu
then select Change My Service
Then Apply for the Naked plan of your choice
on the Change Plan page there is a VoIP to PSTN section
but there is no choice relating to naked plans. What I have on my page is
Exetel Customer Service Modification Tools - Change Plan
ADSL2+ Plan Price - No Telephony
with the different plans listed for ADSL 2+ That's it. no other plans are listed

I must be missing something????? or maybe the choice is not on my members facility as yet

JasonM

Re: Transfer Your Current PSTN Home Number To Exetel VoIP

Post by JasonM » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:27 pm

Ahh, you are on the Powertel ADSL2+ network.
The Naked DSL with VoIP PSTN upgrade is available to users of the Optus ADSL2+ network.

You can still apply, but I suspect this involves cancelling the current connection, meaning downtime, before a new application can be submitted for the Optus network service.

I tested your phone number, ADSL2+ via Optus isn't available due to a possible sub exchange used for your line.

dbr

Post by dbr » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:19 pm

My old man has an old business number that he is currently paying Telstra to divert to his current residential number that is used for Exetel ADSL1. I don't think the old number is associated with any infrastructure (ie he left the old premises and did not reconnect the old number, just diverted it).

From the info in this thread I get the feeling that it would be impossible to port the old number (diverted) to and Exetel VOIP number and associate it with his ADSL1 account (no Optus DSLAMs where he is). Is that right? Not able to be done?
http://www.saferoz.com.au
First Aid * Fire * Safety

soulman2001au

Post by soulman2001au » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:52 pm

Hi, i have an iinet naked adsl2+ plan at the moment, with their voip product. if i cancel that service and change it to exetel adsl2+ naked plan(I understand there is no churn involved with other company's adsl2 infrastructure) can i port that voip phone number to exetel? thank you

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:15 am

Hello,

My old man has an old business number that he is currently paying Telstra to divert to his current residential number that is used for Exetel ADSL1. I don't think the old number is associated with any infrastructure (ie he left the old premises and did not reconnect the old number, just diverted it).

From the info in this thread I get the feeling that it would be impossible to port the old number (diverted) to and Exetel VOIP number and associate it with his ADSL1 account (no Optus DSLAMs where he is). Is that right? Not able to be done?
That is correct, but if he qualifies for naked adsl2, why not get that?
Hi, i have an iinet naked adsl2+ plan at the moment, with their voip product. if i cancel that service and change it to exetel adsl2+ naked plan(I understand there is no churn involved with other company's adsl2 infrastructure) can i port that voip phone number to exetel? thank you
No - we do PSTN to VOIP, we don't do VOIP to VOIP. This will not work.

alexnat

Post by alexnat » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:21 pm

Hi there,

I've just finished reading this entire post(!) as only just saw the new pstn to voip feature in the adsl2 section. Did you guys send out a notice to existing customers about this? Or is this service still in trial status? I'm currently on the ADSL1 TL-BA plan and had a few questions about the pstn to voip faq:

1. It might be elsewhere, but a date on the faq page would be a good idea, ie. it gives customers a cue that the service is go. Subsequently, if it ain't yet ready for prime time, say so on the faq.
2. Which existing Exetel recommended modems can be used on a naked adsl2 service? ie. I have the dynalink 1046vw - does this work? I don't see recommended modems on either the naked adsl2 page, or the pstn to voip faq.
3. I tried applying for the NAK2A plan (ie. not from the members page) to see what it would say about service availability, as adsl2 is not available to me (as I'm in a Mirvac estate in Heatherton), and although the exchange is adsl2 enabled, we are on a RIM.
4. the application says Telephone Service Availability is "Transfer Current Telephone Service Available". What does this mean? Can I get NAK2A? Also, does this mean I can do the pstn to voip number transfer?
5. The adsl2 service availability says "not available now". Does this mean I can't apply for NAK2A?
6. if I have an existing DID, should i cancel this once I get the pstn voip number active and put that number in the modem settings page? I assume it just won't be used anymore, as the settings on the modem will just be pointed to use the new number for outgoing calls.
7. can I cancel telstra once the naked service, and ported pstn number are active?
8. the language on the application forms is inconsistent. If I do a new application, condition 7 which starts with WARNING, says the pstn number is deleted and non-transferrable back to Telstra. However if I select Change my service from my Member page, there is no such condition. Also, this "deleted" info seems to contradict what your saying in the posts over the past 12 or so pages, which is that there is a number still active (but with no phone calls able to be made), that can be transferred back, if in the event you leave Exetel. Can you clarify?

Thanks,

Alex

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:27 pm

alexnat wrote: 3. I tried applying for the NAK2A plan (ie. not from the members page) to see what it would say about service availability, as adsl2 is not available to me (as I'm in a Mirvac estate in Heatherton), and although the exchange is adsl2 enabled, we are on a RIM.
Not available.
alexnat wrote: 5. The adsl2 service availability says "not available now". Does this mean I can't apply for NAK2A?.
Correct.

dbr

Post by dbr » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:14 pm

paulp wrote:That is correct,
Thanks paulp, that's what I thought, unfortunately.
paulp wrote:but if he qualifies for naked adsl2, why not get that?
dbr wrote:(no Optus DSLAMs where he is)
Only TW for ADSL2.
http://www.saferoz.com.au
First Aid * Fire * Safety

JaseNet

Post by JaseNet » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:52 pm

I've just had my Naked ADSL2 service activated and chose to port my old PSTN number across on my application. How do I now activate my VOIP service on my existing number? On the Order VOIP Services page I only get the option to select a new DID number?

...sorry, just found the FAQ posted a few pages back. According to that the number porting will take a few days still and I will be notified by email is this correct?

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:20 pm

JaseNet wrote:...sorry, just found the FAQ posted a few pages back. According to that the number porting will take a few days still and I will be notified by email is this correct?
Unsure, but I think it would be prudent to wait a few days and then email residentialsupport@exetel.com.au for follow up if nothing eventuates.

Rattler

Post by Rattler » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:52 pm

Hello Paul / Exetel,

I have now been sent an email regarding my VOIP activation. My worry is that the number presently provided is not my original PSTN number. Am I safe in assuming that will change or I am able to change it?

Thanks heaps for the help thus far!

John.

EDIT: You are fast Paul....well done and thanks for your help throughout getting over to Exetel. Much appreciated.
Last edited by Rattler on Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JaseNet

Post by JaseNet » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:14 pm

Rattler wrote:Hello Paul / Exetel,

I have now been sent an email regarding my VOIP activation. My worry is that the number presently provided is not my original PSTN number. Am I safe in assuming that will change or I am able to change it?

John.

EDIT: You are fast Paul....well done and thanks for your help throughout getting over to Exetel. Much appreciated. John.
Am in exactly the same boat - Just go the VOIP activation email and it appears to be working on the newly provided number, how do I get it switched to my original PSTN number which I requested to be ported across?

nicko

Post by nicko » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:48 am

Will the PTSN transfer be available to Exetel HSPA customers at any time in the near future?

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:10 am

Hello Paul / Exetel,

John.

EDIT: You are fast Paul....well done and thanks for your help throughout getting over to Exetel. Much appreciated.
- Greatly appreciated.
Am in exactly the same boat - Just go the VOIP activation email and it appears to be working on the newly provided number, how do I get it switched to my original PSTN number which I requested to be ported across?
- The port is still going ahead, we were incorrectly also in addition assigning new VOIP numbers to. Apologies but this being fixed today.
Will the PTSN transfer be available to Exetel HSPA customers at any time in the near future?
- Not at this stage, and unless advised otherwise is unlikely as the different carriers people use, as well as any additional services they may have on their telephone line would also be completely gone as you would know when porting to this to VOIP.

kevii

Post by kevii » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:44 pm

paulp wrote:
- Not at this stage, and unless advised otherwise is unlikely as the different carriers people use, as well as any additional services they may have on their telephone line would also be completely gone as you would know when porting to this to VOIP.
Well, there would really be no difference in the facilities between porting to naked ADSL and porting to VoIP on HSPA. You would lose the provider's services in both cases.

While VoIP over HSPA is not ideal in fringe areas, I for one would like to be able to port a Telstra landline number to the VoIP on my Exetel HSPA service.

Pretty please?
Kevin