Transfer Your Current PSTN Home Number To Exetel VoIP

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
paulp
Exetel Staff

Re: Transfer Your Current PSTN Home Number To Exetel VoIP

Post by paulp » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:39 pm

This will need to be raised internally, I will advise if we can do this in the near future.

oblong

Post by oblong » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:49 pm

kevii wrote:While VoIP over HSPA is not ideal in fringe areas, I for one would like to be able to port a Telstra landline number to the VoIP on my Exetel HSPA service.
Pretty please?
Kevin
And I'd like to port a Telstra number (currently a "multiple number" on a primary service) over to Exetel for use with fax2email.

nicko

Post by nicko » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:20 pm

I'll ad a pretty please with sugar on it.

Why would it wouldn't be a problem for those of us who currently use a carrier that exetel has the nessecary arrangements with?

In my case, I'm also with Telstra, I don't have or want any additional services. I understand that mt number may never be returned to PTSN and that it isn't possible to transfer to any other VOIP service.

Next month my Telsra mobile contract ends, and I intend to sign up for Exetel mobile. If I could just port my number to Exetel, I would have all my communication services with them and be blissfully free of Telstra.

ahas

Post by ahas » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:59 pm

kevii wrote:
paulp wrote:
Will the PTSN transfer be available to Exetel HSPA customers at any time in the near future?
- Not at this stage, and unless advised otherwise is unlikely as the different carriers people use, as well as any additional services they may have on their telephone line would also be completely gone as you would know when porting to this to VOIP.
Well, there would really be no difference in the facilities between porting to naked ADSL and porting to VoIP on HSPA. You would lose the provider's services in both cases.

While VoIP over HSPA is not ideal in fringe areas, I for one would like to be able to port a Telstra landline number to the VoIP on my Exetel HSPA service.

Pretty please?
Kevin
Add a vote from me too. I am looking forward to being able to cancel my landline & keep my number via VOIP over HSPA

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:18 am

Guys,

These will be taken into consideration once we iron out the current process and prepare all the necessary T & Cs

ahas

Post by ahas » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:52 pm

Any further news on porting being available to a HSPA voip account, in areas where ADSL2 is not available?

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:24 pm

Hello,

I can report the ETA for the PSTN to VOIP feature for HSPA users is for the 11th of December.

oblong

Post by oblong » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:46 pm

paulp wrote:I can report the ETA for the PSTN to VOIP feature for HSPA users is for the 11th of December.
Will that include the ability to transfer a "multiple number" (i.e, non-primary PSTN number) to the fax2email service?

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:50 pm

Will that include the ability to transfer a "multiple number" (i.e, non-primary PSTN number) to the fax2email service?
No - this facility is strictly for primary numbers on a telephone copper network(with the supported carriers). Mulitple numbers are part of the complex service regime Telstra like to use to ensure the telephone service stays with them.

Mike Agent N040

Post by Mike Agent N040 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:10 pm

Is this available to all FNNs or just those where you have DIDs?
Exetel Agent N040
http://auzzie.net/cccweb

oblong

Post by oblong » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:40 pm

paulp wrote:
No - this facility is strictly for primary numbers on a telephone copper network(with the supported carriers). Mulitple numbers are part of the complex service regime Telstra like to use to ensure the telephone service stays with them.
So you are not aware of any method to "split" the number from the primary service without losing "control" of it? I would have thought "it's just a number"!

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:45 am

Greetings,
Is this available to all FNNs or just those where you have DIDs?
Perhaps my very poor English skills forbid me to understand the question entirely;
- The PSTN to VOIP feature includes the ability to migrate all primary PSTN services owned by Tier 1 carriers that include Telstra,Optus, AAPT,Primus and some MCI. Soul is NOT covered.
- This feature is exchange based, meaing where our supplier (AAPT) have the infrastructure to route calls via I.P depends on whether the equipment to do this exists on your exchange. A check (as per the naked adsl2 form) will instantly tell you if your within 'coverage' to do this.

So you are not aware of any method to "split" the number from the primary service without losing "control" of it? I would have thought "it's just a number"!
- Sure there's a way, get the secodary numbers put on different copper lines(and thus becoming a primary number). Very expensive solution as you might gather. And you're right, it is just 'a number', however we are under the rules both in howTelstra release numbers and the wholesale agreements between Telstra and other carriers in respect to porting(surprise surprise it's heavilty manual and surprise surprise, a whole range of number services come under 'complex services' which are outside the scope of porting requirements)

oblong

Post by oblong » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:42 pm

paulp wrote:
- Sure there's a way, get the secodary numbers put on different copper lines(and thus becoming a primary number). Very expensive solution as you might gather. And you're right, it is just 'a number', however we are under the rules both in howTelstra release numbers and the wholesale agreements between Telstra and other carriers in respect to porting(surprise surprise it's heavilty manual and surprise surprise, a whole range of number services come under 'complex services' which are outside the scope of porting requirements)
Paul, thanks for the detailed explanation. Yes, I had thought of the "convert to primary" option. For anyone else interested, I've just confirmed that that would be $59 connection fee (if existing second pair of copper exists in the premises), plus monthly line rental costs for the plan you chose, for however long the number stays with Telstra. If a disconnection occurs (presumably that includes porting away from Telstra) before three months there is an additional $100 fee. Not very attractive!

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:59 pm

Hi,

No problem and yes, telstra make it very, very difficult.

ahas

Post by ahas » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 am

paulp wrote:Hello,

I can report the ETA for the PSTN to VOIP feature for HSPA users is for the 11th of December.
Is this still on track for Friday 11th December?

I currently have Exetel ADSL as well as HSPA, with Fax Duet on the telephone line (vis Telstra)

Am I right in guessing the procedure for porting?

1. Cancel Fax Duet on the telephone line.
2. Cancel my ADSL service - Can you advise the best date to cancel?
3. Have Exetel transfer my email/hosting/voip services from my ADSL to my HSPA account
4. Please advise how to order the PSTN to VOIP feature.