Transfer Your Current PSTN Home Number To Exetel VoIP

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
paulp
Exetel Staff

Re: Transfer Your Current PSTN Home Number To Exetel VoIP

Post by paulp » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:30 am

Hi,

In case things have changed since I last asked this, can a Telstra "multiple number" be ported to an Exetel fax-to-email DID (leaving the primary Telstra number untouched)?
We don't allow this for the purpose of if you do try and do this that any other ADDITIONAL multiple numbers will also be ported. Primary numbers are best for the purpose of what we're trying to achieve.
In the meantime PaulP(/FA) should consider whether 'testimonials by qualified staff' would be useful catalyst to speed sales in this area. Are there many customers using HSPA and VoIP? Is your experience bad /good? Feedback on 'number-porting' would be particularly relevant.
Hi David, the feedback I've been receiving is generally positive. As for myself and testimonials from staff, I'd have to go back to FA.

oblong

Post by oblong » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:26 pm

paulp wrote:
In case things have changed since I last asked this, can a Telstra "multiple number" be ported to an Exetel fax-to-email DID (leaving the primary Telstra number untouched)?
We don't allow this for the purpose of if you do try and do this that any other ADDITIONAL multiple numbers will also be ported. Primary numbers are best for the purpose of what we're trying to achieve.
Paul, thanks for the reply. What if there are no additional multiple numbers, that is, one primary and just one multiple number? As you can tell, I'd really like to be able to port my "multiple number" (used as a fax number) to the Exetel fax-to-email service!

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:38 am

Paul, thanks for the reply. What if there are no additional multiple numbers, that is, one primary and just one multiple number? As you can tell, I'd really like to be able to port my "multiple number" (used as a fax number) to the Exetel fax-to-email service!
I would need to check this. I'll advise when I have the info needed.

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:10 am

Hi,

Following confirmation, based on the transaction types we send to our suppliers, if multiple auxiliary numbers are found while attempting to port a primary number this would get rejected. You'd either have to get the auxilary number removed or moved to another line as a primary number.

Snoopy

Post by Snoopy » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:17 pm

I do have an Exetel VOIP number for my landline wired phone now but it has been assigned to an HSPA Plan meaning I can't get addons for it. How can it be changed back to an ADSL plan VOIP?

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:04 pm

Hi,

can you send an email to provisioning@exetel.com.au

We'll get it changed as an ADSL add on.

Pyotr

Post by Pyotr » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:23 am

For Exetel BYOline ADSL2 customers, is there any prospect in the future of porting the Telstra PSTN number to Exetel VOIP without losing the ADSL2 service?

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:30 pm

Hi,
For Exetel BYOline ADSL2 customers, is there any prospect in the future of porting the Telstra PSTN number to Exetel VOIP without losing the ADSL2 service?
That simply won't be possible. 'BYOline' customers have their DSL migrated to AAPT/IINET DSLAMS only, the telephony component is still with their respective Telstra/Telstra reseller provider of choice. If we did this, then Telstra would simply see a port out for the number, and terminate all additional services attached the number as per their T&Cs.

Via Optus Wholesale in respect to our bundled/naked services is a different story because they provide ULL transfers unlike AAPT. Hence we can manipulate accordingly.

Pyotr

Post by Pyotr » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:48 pm

Thank you.
So if I were to move my Exetel ADSL2 from AAPT infrastructure on the BYO plans to Optus infrastructure under the INCTEL plans, I could then make the PSTN to VOIP transfer without losing my PSTN line? (that is, I presume another PSTN number would be allocated to me by Optus to replace the number moved to VOIP?).

Wob76

Post by Wob76 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:44 am

Hi,

I am considering changing from a old plan with included Optus line to a naked plan transferring my existing phone number to VOIP. I have one concern, that is if I decide to change from exetel in the future am I able to retain my Phone Number if I port away.

The following line in the agreement concerns me;
"I understand that my telephone number will be deleted and cancelled and become non-usable and non-transferable to another carrier thereafter."

I have found various posts on the mater but nothing solid. Just wondering if someone can give me a definitive answer on porting away from a Naked\VOIP Plan, It is important to me that I retain the existing number and I am concerned that if I port to VOIP I am locking myself into a provider. Does anyone know the procedure for porting away?

Regards,
Beau

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:41 pm

@Pyotr
Thank you.
So if I were to move my Exetel ADSL2 from AAPT infrastructure on the BYO plans to Optus infrastructure under the INCTEL plans, I could then make the PSTN to VOIP transfer without losing my PSTN line? (that is, I presume another PSTN number would be allocated to me by Optus to replace the number moved to VOIP?).

You would still lose your line in terms of making phone calls via PSTN. The difference would be that you would keep your ADSL2 service with Exetel because we would essentially do all the magic behind the scenes to ensure you have a VOIP number that is ported from your PSTN with exetel while retaining your ADSL2 service with us.

@Wob76
I am considering changing from a old plan with included Optus line to a naked plan transferring my existing phone number to VOIP. I have one concern, that is if I decide to change from exetel in the future am I able to retain my Phone Number if I port away.
Once your number is ported to VOIP through Exetel, you can indeed then port the number to another provider(be it VOIP or PSTN). We have the account number needed should you decide thats the case.
The following line in the agreement concerns me;
"I understand that my telephone number will be deleted and cancelled and become non-usable and non-transferable to another carrier thereafter."
That is a condition for standard Naked ADSL2 activations without the 'PSTN TO VOIP' option. Provided you correctly filled out the PSTN to VOIP section and selected 'YES' and of course, that is passes qualification that should be fine. I'll have this changed to correctly reflect the circumstances of that check box - thank you for pointing this out.

Wob76

Post by Wob76 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:38 pm

Thanks for the clarification.

MarkSnell

Post by MarkSnell » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:56 pm

Is it true that, with the move to phase out naked ADSL plans, Exetel is no longer doing PSTN to VOIP transfers?

CorporateVoIP

Post by CorporateVoIP » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:14 am

MarkSnell wrote:Is it true that, with the move to phase out naked ADSL plans, Exetel is no longer doing PSTN to VOIP transfers?
No, this is not correct.

MarkSnell

Post by MarkSnell » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:44 pm

Great!

Would you tell me how to do it, please?

I see that there is a facility to do this in my Members' Facilities pages at https://www.exetel.com.au/members/pstn_ ... verify.php

However, I was told in a 15-minute conversation with your Sri Lankan support team that this was no longer operational and would soon be taken out of the Members' Facilities section.

What do I need to do to specify these and make sure the request goes through successfully?

All the best

Mark