$15.00 PSTN Line Rental With ADSL2 Services

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
ForumAdmin

$15.00 PSTN Line Rental With ADSL2 Services

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:24 pm

We will be modifying the current ADSL2 (INCDSL2X) plans to show a $15.00 PSTN line rental (with the standard low Exetel telephone charges) and a slightly increased ADSL component charge giving an overall reduction on the current plans of $10.00 for the three lower end plans and $5.00 on the two high end plans.

These changes will be made before SOB tomorrow.

Current users of these plans will get the reduction in monthly charge from March 1st 2009 without taking any action.

These plans will become available for other plan users via the User Facilities from 1st April 2009.

Mixer

Re: $15.00 PSTN Line Rental With ADSL2 Services

Post by Mixer » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:38 pm

Damn it just gets better :) Thanks very much!
RAND-NF/20INCTEL-Draytek 2710vn

3lusiv3

Post by 3lusiv3 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:38 pm

Does this affect my INCPHONE A $65 18GB plan?

kiwigene

Post by kiwigene » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:54 pm

Wow! This is fantastic news. Great job Exetel.

Will this mean that those of us on IncPhoneY (currently paying $45) automatically get "upgraded" to INCDSL2A? (which will reduce from $55 to $45)

EDIT: Ok, think I might have made a mistake - INCDSL2A is going from $65 to $55 - right?
Last edited by kiwigene on Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:58 pm

3lusiv3 wrote:Does this affect my INCPHONE A $65 18GB plan?
ForumAdmin wrote:modifying the current ADSL2 (INCDSL2X) plans
As far as I am aware, the INCPHONE plans should not be receiving an increase or decrease in price at this time.

kiwigene

Post by kiwigene » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:01 pm

I meant from April 1st - when it becomes "available" for everyone.

I didn't think (or expect) it would happen on March 1st as I'm not on an INCDSL2X plan.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:18 pm

3lusiv3 wrote:Does this affect my INCPHONE A $65 18GB plan?
No.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:20 pm

kiwigene wrote:Wow! This is fantastic news. Great job Exetel.

Will this mean that those of us on IncPhoneY (currently paying $45) automatically get "upgraded" to INCDSL2A? (which will reduce from $55 to $45)
Once the plans are made generally available to current Exetel users you can select whatever plan suits you best.

3lusiv3

Post by 3lusiv3 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:08 pm

^^ Thanks.

Ditman1

Post by Ditman1 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:47 am

Hi

Not sure if I should of posted my questions in this forum but would like to see what the answers are from forum Migration Of ADSL1 Customers To Optus ADSL2
ForumAdmin wrote:

noki388 wrote:hello, i too have received the offer and looking to transfer but need a few things confirmed.

1. is this still telstra infrasture that it is based on, but wholesaled from optus
2. do i keep my current phone number.
3. can i keep my number silent.
4. if i decide to leave exetel, am i restricted in who i can go to or are the options the same as they are currently.

many thanks for your help

1) No - ADSL2 is not via Telstra. your telephone line is still Telstra from your home to the exchange but from their it's Optus.

2) Yes.

3) Yes - you must select that feature when ordering the service.

4) You are restricted in the same way you are restricted if you select BigPond ADSL2. Having said that the restriction manifests itself in a disconnection followed by a re-connection which is time dependent on Telstra doing it - so if you were to transfer to go from Exetel/Optus to Telstra ADSL2 then it would be quick and proably at no cost anyone else it would be slow and there would be a cost.

Hi

The above answers some of my questions and I am keen to transfer to this package but can you please supply the answers to questions below :

1. Does Optus offer Messagebank and if so at what cost ?

2. Does Optus offer Caller number display and at what cost ?

3. On adsl1 I have a voip number can this also be transfered to adsl2 ( so I can keep the number ) ?

Just as a note I am impressed yet again by Exetel.

Thanks

kiwigene

Post by kiwigene » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:57 am

What happens if I change from IncPhoneY plan to INCDSL2A now?
i.e. I would be on the INCDSL2A plan from March 1st.

Will the new prices be effective from that date for those people that change plans this month?

Or will the change in price not come into effect until April 1st? Or at all???

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:00 am

Ditman1 wrote:Hi

Not sure if I should of posted my questions in this forum but would like to see what the answers are from forum Migration Of ADSL1 Customers To Optus ADSL2
ForumAdmin wrote:

noki388 wrote:hello, i too have received the offer and looking to transfer but need a few things confirmed.

1. is this still telstra infrasture that it is based on, but wholesaled from optus
4. if i decide to leave exetel, am i restricted in who i can go to or are the options the same as they are currently.

1) No - ADSL2 is not via Telstra. your telephone line is still Telstra from your home to the exchange but from their it's Optus.

2) Yes.

4) You are restricted in the same way you are restricted if you select BigPond ADSL2. Having said that the restriction manifests itself in a disconnection followed by a re-connection which is time dependent on Telstra doing it - so if you were to transfer to go from Exetel/Optus to Telstra ADSL2 then it would be quick and proably at no cost anyone else it would be slow and there would be a cost.

Hi

The above answers some of my questions and I am keen to transfer to this package but can you please supply the answers to questions below :

3. On adsl1 I have a voip number can this also be transfered to adsl2 ( so I can keep the number ) ?

Thanks
Free Additional Telephone Line Functions:

Please tick the boxes if you want any of the functions that are listed below. The functions are provided at no additional charge:

Call return
Three way call
Call waiting
Unlisted number (No public directory listing)
Call number display block (Number is not sent when dialing)

Chargeable Additional Telephone Line Functions

Please tick the boxes if you want any of the functions that are listed below. These functions are provided at an additional monthly cost of $3.00 per function:

VoiceMail - $3.00 per month
Caller ID (displayed on end user’s phone) - $3.00 per month
Select call accept - $3.00 per month

Your VoIP number should move over.

Ditman1

Post by Ditman1 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:33 pm

James wrote:
Ditman1 wrote:Hi

ForumAdmin wrote:

2) Yes.

Hi

Thanks
Free Additional Telephone Line Functions:

Please tick the boxes if you want any of the functions that are listed below. The functions are provided at no additional charge:

Call return
Three way call
Call waiting
Unlisted number (No public directory listing)
Call number display block (Number is not sent when dialing)

Chargeable Additional Telephone Line Functions

Please tick the boxes if you want any of the functions that are listed below. These functions are provided at an additional monthly cost of $3.00 per function:

VoiceMail - $3.00 per month
Caller ID (displayed on end user’s phone) - $3.00 per month
Select call accept - $3.00 per month

Your VoIP number should move over.
Thanks for all of the above.

If I apply now via the change plan page under member facilities.

1. When will the change take affect ?
2. Will I be billed for a new month or part month internet access if churned partway through a month ? (not worried about the phone rental as at worst only $15)

Thanks

Ditman1

Post by Ditman1 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:37 am

Hi

Any chance I could get an answer on the questions posted before as I would love to start the ball rolling.

Just tried to call the sales department to get an answer and was hung up on. Can someone please let me know.

Thanks

frankyman

Post by frankyman » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:08 pm

I recently recieved an email about this new 15$ line rental for ADSL1 users that migrate to ADSL2, however when i go to change service status (I'm currently on a 1500kbs TL-BA plan) and choose the INC2DSLC service and submit my details, on the confirmation page the monthly charge is stated as "85$ per month with $30 line rental included" On the page before it states only "75$ per month with line rental". Which of these prices are correct? I am very keen to get ADSL2, however I'm on a tight budget.