Revisions To ADSL1 Plans

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
ForumAdmin
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Revisions To ADSL1 Plans

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:00 pm

We have made a number of changes to the current ADSL1 plans that will come in to effect in April.

The details of the changes can be found on the ADSL1 plan pricing page here:

http://www.exetel.com.au/a_plan_pricing_new.php

Main changes are:

1) 12 midnight to 12 noon allowance increased to 60 gb

2) 1500/256 and 8192/384 midrange plans increased from 27 gb to 30 gb in 12noon to 12 midniight period

3) 100 free VoIP calls to national/local wire line numbers added to all plans

4) PAYU per GB rates reduced in both periods

No current users of these plans need take any action to receive these benefits from April 1st 2009.

LordS
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:56 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Revisions To ADSL1 Plans

Post by LordS » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:12 pm

Hell yes!

BTW maybe next time you's send out an email informing users check spelling?

vk3xem
Posts: 910
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:45 pm
Location: HEALESVILLE
Contact:

Re: Revisions To ADSL1 Plans

Post by vk3xem » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:19 pm

INCREDIBLE :!:

Thanks Exetel. :D
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

Taltosss
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:32 pm
Location: Sunshine Coast

Re: Revisions To ADSL1 Plans

Post by Taltosss » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:55 pm

Thank you Exetel. What fantastic innovation. I just wish I wasn't on a RIM and could migrate to an ADSL 2 product. Speaking of which, are you likely to use Telstra Wholesale to provide ADSL 2 to those of us on a RIM, or is there just no money in it?

Mag
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:09 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Revisions To ADSL1 Plans

Post by Mag » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:55 pm

Only been an Exetel user for a few short months but I am very happy with the service and improvements.
Thanks for the upgrades! 100 free voip calls are a bonus!
And as soon as my mobile contract is up, I'm going Exetel with that too!

vk3xem
Posts: 910
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:45 pm
Location: HEALESVILLE
Contact:

Re: Revisions To ADSL1 Plans

Post by vk3xem » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:01 pm

Taltosss wrote:Thank you Exetel. What fantastic innovation. I just wish I wasn't on a RIM and could migrate to an ADSL 2 product. Speaking of which, are you likely to use Telstra Wholesale to provide ADSL 2 to those of us on a RIM, or is there just no money in it?
No chance of Exetel providing ADSL2 via Tel$tra wholesale, they want as little to do with them as possible.
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

Mag
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:09 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Revisions To ADSL1 Plans

Post by Mag » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:40 pm

4) PAYU per GB rates reduced in both periods
Don't understand what PAYU refers to. Is that excess charges?

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 6003
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:16 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Revisions To ADSL1 Plans

Post by Dazzled » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:51 pm

Pay as you use. You get a connected service with a pre-paid download allowance (you choose) to suit occasional users.

ottyacat
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:41 pm
Location: Mornington, VIC

Re: Revisions To ADSL1 Plans

Post by ottyacat » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:45 pm

Unbelievable... Thanks a million.

Exetel is the best!! :D

PM
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:57 pm
Location: Hobart

Re: Revisions To ADSL1 Plans

Post by PM » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:54 pm

Once again these increases seem to be aimed at high end users, rather than medium users. My current plan, the 8192 12/60GB one is crazy. I could see some value such as 15/20, 15/30 or 20/20. But 12/60 is pointless, and doesn't really encourage sensible usage, particularly in the off peak period.
These increases in off peak do nothing for the low to medium user, and certainly doesn't encourage download contraint. I would have thought it would have been in the interests of any ISP to discourage outlandish downloading, as well as better for general bandwidth distribution to members.

It makes me laugh even louder after visiting my 81 year old mother inlaw this evening who I signed up to the 512 4 GB plan six months ago. This month she has used around 180 MB of 4GB, 3/4 of that is probably me updating her laptop for her.

Yes, I'm trying to get her onto the 1GB HSPA plan. But the $195 setup/Modem cost is a small hurdle at the moment.

LordS
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:56 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Revisions To ADSL1 Plans

Post by LordS » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:02 pm

PM wrote:Once again these increases seem to be aimed at high end users, rather than medium users. My current plan, the 8192 12/60GB one is crazy. I could see some value such as 15/20, 15/30 or 20/20. But 12/60 is pointless, and doesn't really encourage sensible usage, particularly in the off peak period.
These increases in off peak do nothing for the low to medium user, and certainly doesn't encourage download contraint. I would have thought it would have been in the interests of any ISP to discourage outlandish downloading, as well as better for general bandwidth distribution to members.

It makes me laugh even louder after visiting my 81 year old mother inlaw this evening who I signed up to the 512 4 GB plan six months ago. This month she has used around 180 MB of 4GB, 3/4 of that is probably me updating her laptop for her.

Yes, I'm trying to get her onto the 1GB HSPA plan. But the $195 setup/Modem cost is a small hurdle at the moment.

And us outlandish downloaders highly appreciate it.

nihonjin
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: Revisions To ADSL1 Plans

Post by nihonjin » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:28 pm

great news. Any chance ADSL2+ users can get free voip calls?

In any case my brother is on adsl1 and would like to use the free voip calls. Would this be done via the user facilities? Can he do it now or does he need to wait until 1st of April? I assume that it is 100 free calls is each month is this correct?

thanks.

davidotas
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:37 pm

Re: Revisions To ADSL1 Plans

Post by davidotas » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:33 pm

27gb to 30gb? I thought I was only getting 20gb? That's why my plan details page says too. Do I miss out? My page says I'm on Tel J plan.

fredbucket
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:02 pm
Location: Abbotsbury

Re: Revisions To ADSL1 Plans

Post by fredbucket » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:37 pm

ForumAdmin wrote: 1) 12 midnight to 12 noon allowance increased to 60 gb
3) 100 free VoIP calls to national/local wire line numbers added to all plans
I, like many others, am impressed with Exetel's ability to provide increased value given the current economic climate.

1) I'm on the (no longer offered) TELO plan (36gigs). Do these additions also apply to this and, by inference, all other old ADSL1 plans?
3) I have a standard ADSL2 Billion modem and Dlink wireless router, but no specific VoIP hardware. Do I have to acquire such hardware (and if so, what e.g. softphone or whatever) or is there some way I can use systems such as Fring?

Regards
Fred

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 6003
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:16 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Revisions To ADSL1 Plans

Post by Dazzled » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:52 pm

I leave it to FA to answer the question re expired plans.

Re VoIP: to use it on your ADSL1 plan you need either:
a softphone app for your computer (free, but needs a mic/headphone and is very inconvenient); or
a hardware ATA to plug into your router to make your normal phone usable ($75 or so).
Fring etc are softphone apps for mobile devices. If you wish to slash your phone bill, get an ATA.

Post Reply