Revisions To ADSL1 Plans

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
Mutha

Re: Revisions To ADSL1 Plans

Post by Mutha » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:21 pm

thewiz wrote: The only plans that show up on the change service page are ADSL2 plans not ADSL1. So there seems to be no facilities to swap to another ADSL1 plan.

I am on TELJ also, and thought that the 60GB and VoIP calls did apply to all plans, but after seeing no change in the user facilities and now reading this thread I realise they don't.

If there is no admin fee for the new plans then I think an extra $2 for the TEL-BB 30/60 plan is well worth it seeing my current plan is 20/54 with no free VoIP calls.

To me it seems rather stupid that old plans don't receive these new upgrades considering the pricing of the old and new plans is very similar.
The $2 difference in TEL-BB over TELJ gives u 10/5 more quota and 100 VoIP calls, which is a relatively big difference considering the pricing.

What do we need to do to swap to another ADSL1 plan from our current ADSL1 plan, seeing as the member facilities will only allow us to change to an ADSL2 plan?
All the plans with "TEL" are ADSL1. ADSL2 start with "PT".

Either way you look at it (save money & receive better vs pay minimal extra & receive even better) changing plans certainly appears the way to go :)

thewiz

Post by thewiz » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:51 pm

I'm aware of that and that's why all the plans in the members facilities are "PT" plans, u can't change to a "TL" plan.

Changing plans does sound like the way to go... if the members facilities would let you do it.

Mutha

Post by Mutha » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:03 pm

thewiz wrote:I'm aware of that and that's why all the plans in the members facilities are "PT" plans, u can't change to a "TL" plan.

Changing plans does sound like the way to go... if the members facilities would let you do it.
No problems here - members facilities/ADSL/Change my service - ADSL1 plans are at the top. Get admin to have a look :?

thewiz

Post by thewiz » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:29 pm

Interesting...

Well I've fired off an email to support to see what they say. Thanks for letting me know.

Back to the changes to the new plans, is there any reason that older plans aren't getting these upgrades considering most of them are very similar in pricing?
Or is this so that users on old plans will hopefully move to these new plans?

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:03 pm

I've asked the sysadmin responsible to reply - there is n reason why an ADSL1 user can't change to any current ADSL1 plan as well as any current ADSL2 plan (if their exchange is enabled).

Ravenous

Post by Ravenous » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:00 pm

The email did actually refer to this page
http://www.exetel.com.au/a_plan_pricing_new.php
and at the end (as you say) it said
"No current users of these plans need take any action to receive these benefits from April 1st 2009."
(the emphasis is mine).

However, I agree that it could have been more clearly stated. I imagine that the reason everyone received the email was so you could check out the new plans and opt to change before 1 April if you wanted to. In a lot of cases, a plan change could include other benefits - of course, in other cases, you may feel you are better served by remaining on your current plan. Swings and roundabouts :D

Gidget
I am very disappointed with the ambiguous nature of the e-mail. If i had known the above I would have upgraded from the old TELM to the current TL-CA to take advantage of the 100 free landline VOIP calls ($10 value). Do the maths the current plan is now better value than the old plan. Now I have to wait another month (correct me if I am wrong). Also just under 30 hours notice (that is even if you had bothered to download your emails in the last couple of days) to act before April 1st doesnt give much time consider opting to the current plans.

EDIT: In change plan agreement - "You must have submitted a plan change request on or before the 26th of any month." So based in this, change could not be processed until 1st May anyway. Email notice REVISIONS TO ADSL1 PLANS was timestamped 30/3/2009 6:07PM.

nihonjin

Post by nihonjin » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:25 am

there are too many people who are looking at the glass that is half empty and not realising that at the same time it is half full.

Just be happy that exetel continue to offer bonuses to our plans and even though some missed out on it this time im sure in the future exetel will do what they can. At the end of the day we don't want exetel to go under just to keep old users happy by loosing more money.

danbyau

Post by danbyau » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:10 am

WIth these revisions do we get the 100 free voip calls, 30 free sms and faxes EACH MONTH?

or is this a one off for each account?

I have been looking on the exetel site and it does not mention that it is each month

It may be implyed.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:41 am

Each month.

danbyau

Post by danbyau » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:15 pm

Thanks heaps this is fantastic
It will realy reduce costs paid to Telstra who I want to distance myself from

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:17 pm

danbyau wrote:Thanks heaps this is fantastic
It will realy reduce costs paid to Telstra who I want to distance myself from
That's the point of them:)

Country Bumkin

Post by Country Bumkin » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:42 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:I've asked the sysadmin responsible to reply - there is n reason why an ADSL1 user can't change to any current ADSL1 plan as well as any current ADSL2 plan (if their exchange is enabled).
This is perhaps a little too sweeping...

What is the schedule to offer PAYU plans to existing customers ?

Regards C Bumkin

Arn

Post by Arn » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:43 pm

I understand that the current plans do not have the $3 admin charge that the older plans are subject to, but do the current plans have a credit card surcharge?

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:59 am

Arn wrote:I understand that the current plans do not have the $3 admin charge that the older plans are subject to, but do the current plans have a credit card surcharge?
Yes
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

eecchhoo

Post by eecchhoo » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:40 pm

Hi, I just received an exetel block page and somehow the message on it still showing that
I acknowledge that if i exceed 56gb in downloads in the period 12 midnight to 12 noon in anymonth i will be charged at the rate stated above.

I hope this can be fixed to avoid confuse message as currently the limit has been increased to 60gb rather than 56gb.