Revisions To ADSL2 Plans

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
James
Exetel Staff
Posts: 2005
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 10:27 pm

Re: Revisions To ADSL2 Plans

Post by James » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:54 am

We only recently added/changed the plans, I doubt they'll change anytime soon.

sunnybear
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: Malbourne

Re: Revisions To ADSL2 Plans

Post by sunnybear » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:09 pm

hey

I've checked the meter, and it shows
3.19 GB / 54 GB (5.91%)

why is still 54GB instead of 60GB?

peterh_oz
Posts: 522
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:13 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: Revisions To ADSL2 Plans

Post by peterh_oz » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:11 pm

sunnybear wrote:hey

I've checked the meter, and it shows
3.19 GB / 54 GB (5.91%)

why is still 54GB instead of 60GB?
What plan are you on?

sunnybear
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: Malbourne

Re: Revisions To ADSL2 Plans

Post by sunnybear » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:50 pm

it's an old adsl1 plan TELL 1500/256

and at the start of this year, I was migrated to ADSL2 port

my current sync speed is more than 1500/256

dbr
Posts: 493
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:33 pm
Location: Sale VIC

Re: Revisions To ADSL2 Plans

Post by dbr » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:05 pm

sunnybear wrote:and at the start of this year, I was migrated to ADSL2 port
So what plan are you on now??

I expect it will be one of the series that were part of a specific promotion that gave the lucky ones a free upgrade from ADSL1 to ADSL2 for no cost. If so then you are on an 'old' plan ie TEL something.

The only plans to get the increase to 60GB are the TL, INC2DSL, NAK, some PAYU and HSPA plans. If you still have a TEL, INCPHONE or NONPHONE prefix then you did not get the latest bunch of goodies.
http://www.saferoz.com.au
First Aid * Fire * Safety

sunnybear
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: Malbourne

Re: Revisions To ADSL2 Plans

Post by sunnybear » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:31 pm

dbr wrote:
sunnybear wrote:and at the start of this year, I was migrated to ADSL2 port
So what plan are you on now??

I expect it will be one of the series that were part of a specific promotion that gave the lucky ones a free upgrade from ADSL1 to ADSL2 for no cost. If so then you are on an 'old' plan ie TEL something.

The only plans to get the increase to 60GB are the TL, INC2DSL, NAK, some PAYU and HSPA plans. If you still have a TEL, INCPHONE or NONPHONE prefix then you did not get the latest bunch of goodies.
yes..i am one of the old TEL plans...and was the lucky one to get a free upgrade from adsl1 to adsl2
i guess no candy for me this time then... :(

peterh_oz
Posts: 522
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:13 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: Revisions To ADSL2 Plans

Post by peterh_oz » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:15 pm

Then you could/should have a look and see whether one of the current plans are better.

Maybe the NAK2 plans which have $15 line rental PLUS the 100 free voip calls and the extra offpeak if you have a choice on your line/exchange. Otherwise see if the extra data and 100 free voip calls offsets any price change moving to a PTL plan (you're already on a PTL DSLAM so the only change will be a billing issue).

Lawrie
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:45 pm
Location: Unanderra

Re: Revisions To ADSL2 Plans

Post by Lawrie » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:57 pm

James wrote:
pittsy wrote:hmmmm, now I've checked the plan I'm on in user facilities , it looks like I'll have to change to a "current" plan to get these benefits.
.... even though I was only changed to the plan I'm on last month - TELH(o)- its not current?????

so is there any difference between TELH(0) and INC2DSLA ????

:x
Yes, one has the new inclusison, the other doesn't - feel free to change your plan.
So to get the extra off peak downloads and 100 FREE VoIP calls we need to change plans.
The only (negative) difference I can see in moving from the TELH(O) plan to INC2DSLA plan will be starting a new six month contract.
[When we went from ADSL1 TELH to ADSL2 TELH(O) we were not put onto a contract.]

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 1815
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:33 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Revisions To ADSL2 Plans

Post by Gidget » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:46 pm

Lawrie wrote:So to get the extra off peak downloads and 100 FREE VoIP calls we need to change plans.
The only (negative) difference I can see in moving from the TELH(O) plan to INC2DSLA plan will be starting a new six month contract.
[When we went from ADSL1 TELH to ADSL2 TELH(O) we were not put onto a contract.]
Why do you think you will be starting a new 6 month contract? You need to check the conditions in your User Facilities (where you actually apply for the change of service) rather than on the Exetel website (where it shows a 12 month contract actually applies - for new users).

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

peterh_oz
Posts: 522
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:13 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: Revisions To ADSL2 Plans

Post by peterh_oz » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:50 pm

INCL2 will be a new contact cos u'll be on a new wholesale provider. U're currently on Powertel, so maybe u can switch to a PTL plan without a new contract? Can someone from Exetel confirm this?

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 1815
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:33 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Revisions To ADSL2 Plans

Post by Gidget » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:02 pm

But the customer is not on Powertel infrastructure, he's on Optus ADSL2+.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

Lawrie
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:45 pm
Location: Unanderra

Re: Revisions To ADSL2 Plans

Post by Lawrie » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:53 pm

Gidget wrote: Why do you think you will be starting a new 6 month contract? You need to check the conditions in your User Facilities (where you actually apply for the change of service) rather than on the Exetel website (where it shows a 12 month contract actually applies - for new users).

Gidget
Because when I use the User Facilities to convert from TELH(O) to INC2DSLA it tells me
"I agree that a change of plan incurs a new contract period of six months from the date of activation."

quite simple really :!:

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 1815
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:33 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Revisions To ADSL2 Plans

Post by Gidget » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:20 pm

Yes, quite simple :) but I nonetheless think that statement is a leftover from an earlier age and is wrong, especially since the Optus ADSL2 contract lengths are 12 months not 6 months as I pointed out earlier.

I will get it clarified for you.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

nihonjin
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: Revisions To ADSL2 Plans

Post by nihonjin » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:45 pm

why would being put on a new contract be bad? Where else could you get the same quality service with the large downloads and free inclusions at the cheap prices exetel offer? It may in fact be a good thing as at least it will lock in the great price and benefits you receive for at least 12 months.

Lawrie
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:45 pm
Location: Unanderra

Re: Revisions To ADSL2 Plans

Post by Lawrie » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:09 pm

nihonjin wrote:why would being put on a new contract be bad? Where else could you get the same quality service with the large downloads and free inclusions at the cheap prices exetel offer? It may in fact be a good thing as at least it will lock in the great price and benefits you receive for at least 12 months.
I was not necessarily suggesting that it was a bad thing to go on a contract, although it may be a problem for some people who are in short term rental properties or for some other reason need the freedom of not being on a contract.

I just wanted to point out that you would need to go on a contract if you move from the TELx(O) plans to the INC2DSLx plans to take advantage of the 100 free VoIP calls and the extra off peak download limit, as this had not been mentioned in the forum to this point.
Gidget wrote:Yes, quite simple :) but I nonetheless think that statement is a leftover from an earlier age and is wrong, especially since the Optus ADSL2 contract lengths are 12 months not 6 months as I pointed out earlier.

I will get it clarified for you.

Gidget
Gidget - I can see that for a person taking out a new INC2DSLx service the Exetel online order form spells out that they will be on a 12 month plan, but the User facilities page "Exetel Customer Service Modification Tools - Change Plan" page definitely states that we would have to sign up for a six month contract. You need to go into page 2 of the order form before this information is made clear.

I am assuming that current customers only need to renew for a further 6 months rather than the new customer that needs to stay on for 12 months.........

But if you find out that the contract is actually 12 months rather than 6 months, can you get the page updated?

Post Reply