Revisions To ADSL2 Plans

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Revisions To ADSL2 Plans

Post by Gidget » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:18 pm

Lawrie wrote:I am assuming that current customers only need to renew for a further 6 months rather than the new customer that needs to stay on for 12 months.........

But if you find out that the contract is actually 12 months rather than 6 months, can you get the page updated?
My thought actually is that there is no new contract for existing customers in the situation you describe. This is what I have asked for clarification about. Whatever the outcome (i.e. whether I'm right or wrong) the page will be updated according to the answer.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:48 pm

Gidget wrote: My thought actually is that there is no new contract for existing customers in the situation you describe. This is what I have asked for clarification about. Whatever the outcome (i.e. whether I'm right or wrong) the page will be updated according to the answer.

Gidget
O.K. - so today I checked again and when I got to the second page the line about agreeing to a 6 month contract has gone........

.....but when I then submitted the request, the next page is a summary of the changes that you have chosen, and on that page it tells me there is a new six month contract. At this point I retracted my request.

Back to you Gidget...... :wink:

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:27 pm

Well, I'm not privy to any changes that might have been made to that page of the User Facilities.

Earlier today I received one answer to my query to Exetel which, while it was informative, I believe was not an answer to the question I had actually asked.

The answer I have received is that "If any TEL(O) plan user moves to any INC PLAN only - there is no ETC" (ETC = Early Termination Charge) - I presume this means that in this situation an ETC will not be imposed on a TEL(O) plan user (who may have only been on the TEL(O) plan for a short while).

So .. I have tried again, but have not as yet had a further reply.

In my original email to Exetel, I also asked that an "official" response be posted on this thread, and that the relevant User Facilities page(s) be updated as required.

I can only try :roll:

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
Exetel Support Portal

peterh_oz

Post by peterh_oz » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:00 am

Gidget wrote:But the customer is not on Powertel infrastructure, he's on Optus ADSL2+.

Gidget
He said he was migrated to ADSL2+. I assumed it was the auto-migration on PTL infrastructure.

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:38 am

peterh_oz wrote:
Gidget wrote:But the customer is not on Powertel infrastructure, he's on Optus ADSL2+.

Gidget
He said he was migrated to ADSL2+. I assumed it was the auto-migration on PTL infrastructure.
Never wise to make assumptions :lol:
Log a fault ticket here
Exetel Support Portal

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Sun May 03, 2009 8:45 pm

So now it is May - I converted my TELH (O) plan (out of Contract) to the current plan INC2DSLA and I can report that the members facilities page confirms that I do not have any new contract; I have 60G off Peak; and I was not charged a $3 Account Adminstration Charge in my May Invoice.
The strange thing is that for my May bill, the VoIP monthly charges, which are in arrears for the month of April, I appear to have been given the 100 Free local/national calls, so therefore I only paid for mobile calls. I wonder if this is because Exetel decided to give everyone the free calls (as opposed to the earlier statements that the non-current plans would not get them) or if it is a mistake with Exetel's billing systems which has given me a bonus. I was not expecting to get this new feature until this month when the INC2DSLA plan began.

My next step will be to convert to the Naked plan (NAK2A), once Exetel can confirm the process for converting the PSTN number to a VoIP number is working. This will save me another $10 month ($15 month if you are on the D and E plans).