Possible Further Changes To Off Peak Period

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
nihonjin

Re: Possible Further Changes To Off Peak Period

Post by nihonjin » Sat May 23, 2009 11:42 pm

Keep it simple and encourage people onto a different time slot ie 2am to 2pm with the greater download limits as you have suggested. Dont make it too generous or you will get everyone to change. Personally i dont mind when i start my off peak usage and would be happy to start it at any time.

Or allow the user to shift a block of off peak usage to peak say 10G of their off peak if they opt for an alternative time slot. Not sure if this can easily be implemented.

As has also been suggested force new users for a period of time to have 1am to 1pm then after a period of time force a new group of users to 2am to 2pm. This will in effect create a tiered systems of users all on difference time slots. Everyone gets the same download quota and the same amount of time to download it in. They also are happy with the time slot as new users agree to it when they sign up.

In any case its great to see exetel continue to be innovative and look after its customers.

dbr

Post by dbr » Sun May 24, 2009 9:28 am

peterh_oz wrote:Of course I can't tell what the data is which forms the midnight rush (Steve can!),
In this post, WilliamC showed us the protocol breakdown for 24hours.
http://www.saferoz.com.au
First Aid * Fire * Safety

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun May 24, 2009 11:16 am

On suggestion made so far we will implement (assuming we can write and test the code in time) will be to move from using Eastern Standard and Eastern Daylight Saving time for all users wherever they are located in Australia to using the different State/Territory time zones.

While this won't make a huge difference right now (the majority of our users are in NSW, Victoria and Queensland) it will definitely be an advantage to SA, NT and WA users all the time and Qld users when NSW/VIC/TAS move to Daylight Saving Time.

Good suggetion.

LordS

Post by LordS » Mon May 25, 2009 3:22 pm

Has it occurred to anyone that the new month hasn't started so even though people have chosen 2am-2pm it isn't in effect yet?

BTW I like the no peak/off peak suggestion best....

Tazz

Post by Tazz » Mon May 25, 2009 4:12 pm

Tazz wrote:I'm on the old TELL plan, I missed out on the offpeak increase to 60g, I'm still on 54g.
How will this proposed change affect me?
Will I get the 2am - 2pm 72g?
or will I miss out yet again!?!?
Has any admin got an answer to my first post on this subject yet?
or did I miss it... :?:

casio7131

Post by casio7131 » Mon May 25, 2009 9:29 pm

Tazz, if you're on the old plan then you'll get the old features (ie. you'll stick with the 54gb limit). if you want the features of the newer plan, then you'll have to change plans (i'm guessing that the extra features on the newer plans are a "carrot" to get people onto the newer plans).

xsilver

Post by xsilver » Sun May 31, 2009 4:25 pm

Rather than being so nice to users and catering to all their needs - how about this simple solution.
Surnames
A - E - 12-12
F - K - 12:15-12:15
L - R - 12:30 - 12:30
S - Z - 12:45 - 12:45

problem solved. Most inconvienience is 45 mins only . Maybe even shift one of the 4 to 11:45?

trev12

Post by trev12 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:02 am

i only used 12am time slot when i got a download going and my speed has slow to a crawl before 12am most of the time i turn my modem off. so wondering if better speeds would make it easier

oldman

Post by oldman » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:13 pm

When the user-selectable Off-peak period was implemented I chose 2a-2p. My understanding was that any change would take place on the first of the following month. Is there any way to ascertain whether this change has been implemented? As of 12:10pm my account details page says "Downloads are currently being metered as peak usage." Clicking through to the detailed usage record, the Current Month's Usage table has the following headings: "Offpeak Period: 12:00am to 12:00pm Peak Period: 12:00pm to 12:00am". I'm unsure whether this is due to the necessary changes not having been made to these pages, or that my change request wasn't activated.

Thanks.

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:23 pm

Same here. It appears to not be operating as described.

oldman

Post by oldman » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:38 pm

Then again, on my main member page it says "Your Usage From: 01-June-2009 (Updated at 2009-06-01 12:26:56 AEST )" and shows nothing for Peak even though I have a torrent currently downloading .... so maybe the change happened but the web pages were never modified.

EDIT: spoke too soon... peak is now showing as having been used. :(

fredbucket

Post by fredbucket » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:01 pm

oldman wrote:When the user-selectable Off-peak period was implemented I chose 2a-2p. My understanding was that any change would take place on the first of the following month. Is there any way to ascertain whether this change has been implemented? As of 12:10pm my account details page says "Downloads are currently being metered as peak usage." Clicking through to the detailed usage record, the Current Month's Usage table has the following headings: "Offpeak Period: 12:00am to 12:00pm Peak Period: 12:00pm to 12:00am". I'm unsure whether this is due to the necessary changes not having been made to these pages, or that my change request wasn't activated.

Thanks.
Likewise for me. Exetel shows my request for 2a-2p as being received on 7th May:

Change Request History
Service Number Request Date Current Offpeak Period New Offpeak Period Effective Date
02XXXXXXXX 2009-05-07 22:29:11 12:00am-12:00pm 2:00am-2:00pm The First Of Next Month

but my members summary page switched to peak usage at 12.00pm.

Regards
Fred

Vecordious

Post by Vecordious » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:21 pm

I'm having a problem with my new offpeak usage as well. I made the change on 28th May and it says that my new offpeak time is 2am - 2pm, but looking at my "Members Facilities" page, it's showing :

Usage Meter Server Time is 2009-06-01 01:20:11 PM.
Downloads are currently being metered as peak usage.

Has it not kicked in?

rickxs

Post by rickxs » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:18 pm

I changed mine during last week , & it told me i was now 2am-2pm [ which i wanted ] so as a test today i downloaded a 200+mb file to see,after 12 noon
In my usage in the members section it says, " PEAK 0.25 GB / 20 GB (1.25%) "---- well i havn't done any downloads in peak period !!
on checking members section, it display's off peak is 12- 12pm & is also dotted that way under 'change my service' which , i shall repeat i already changed , so where does this leave us ????

i did want off -peak, as 2am-2pm

./

dbr

Post by dbr » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:51 pm

Exetel Newsletter Sent 07 May 09 wrote:Having now fully ‘digested’ what was said by almost 1,000 customers we are going to make changes to the ‘off peak’ period. The current time period is fixed at 12 midnight to 12 noon. From July 1st you will be able to select from three time periods:

12 midnight to 12 noon (default)
1 am to 1 pm
2 am to 2 pm
One month early ladies and gents. Although it is selectable in User Facilities, all notifications stated commencing 01 July 09.

And if you are like me, you will still have a pending request under Change My Service. If you try to make the change again it tells you to naff off until the first of next month (being July).
http://www.saferoz.com.au
First Aid * Fire * Safety