Possible Further Changes To Off Peak Period

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
oldman

Re: Possible Further Changes To Off Peak Period

Post by oldman » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:12 pm

dbr wrote:One month early ladies and gents. Although it is selectable in User Facilities, all notifications stated commencing 01 July 09.
I never saw that in the newsletter, I just recall reading this post... http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.ph ... 77#p244577 ... "You can select a change NOW (the email that was sent out erred on the cautious side by saying from July 1st as the text was taken from the draft of the June 1st Customer News Letter) and it will come in to operation from June 1st 2009." ... which seems to imply it was commencing this month.

Anyway, it's of little consequence. One extra month to wait isn't much.

dbr

Post by dbr » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:34 pm

oldman wrote:I never saw that in the newsletter, I just recall reading this post... viewtopic.php?p=244577#p244577 ...
Well bugger me with a fish fork, Bob! [Apologies to Rowan Atkinson].

I missed that post. I'm sure things will be clarified shortly.

Did anyone notice what period they were in at 12-2PM today?
http://www.saferoz.com.au
First Aid * Fire * Safety

Ditman1

Post by Ditman1 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:04 pm

I'm not too fussed if off peak periods change or not but please make it easy to follow and give us plenty of time to chage before it comes into affect.

Always happy to make the system work better for all.

Cheers

rickxs

Post by rickxs » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:11 am

One month early ladies and gents. Although it is selectable in User Facilities, all notifications stated commencing 01 July 09.

And if you are like me, you will still have a pending request under Change My Service. If you try to make the change again it tells you to naff off until the first of next month (being July).
ok, thks for the follow up dbr

Ditman1

Post by Ditman1 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:08 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
There are no 'firm' plans to make further changes but one possible change would be:

12 midnight to 12 noon - 18 gb

1 am to 1 pm - 36 gb

2 am to 2 pm - 72 gb

or some other arrangement.
Is this going to happen ? Have any decissions been made ? When would it start ?

Thanks

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:30 pm

Ditman1 wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:
There are no 'firm' plans to make further changes but one possible change would be:

12 midnight to 12 noon - 18 gb

1 am to 1 pm - 36 gb

2 am to 2 pm - 72 gb

or some other arrangement.
Is this going to happen ? Have any decissions been made ? When would it start ?

Thanks
No old plan users will be affected if we introduce new plans with different parameters.

Those decisions will be made, if they are made at all, over the next 2 or 3 weeks.

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:33 am

So everyone that logged into member facilities last month and changed to 2am>>2pm are still on midnight>>midday till July 1?

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:42 am

thomashouseman wrote:So everyone that logged into member facilities last month and changed to 2am>>2pm are still on midnight>>midday till July 1?
I've asked the sysadmin responsible to reply.

blerton

Post by blerton » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:15 pm

thomashouseman wrote:So everyone that logged into member facilities last month and changed to 2am>>2pm are still on midnight>>midday till July 1?
I've logged into the member facilities today and when I look at my detailed usage for June, the heading now shows the 2.00am/2.00pm selection I made last month. However, the Peak/Offpeak period times are listed the wrong way around. Offpeak is shown as 2.00pm to 2.00am whilst Peak is shown as 2.00am to 2.00pm. The usage numbers are being attributed to the correct period so it's obviously just a typo in the headings.

This ability to specify the peak/offpeak periods is of considerable benefit to me and I thank exetel for making it available and for bringing it in so promptly. Just another reason why exetel is "simply the best".

fredbucket

Post by fredbucket » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:51 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
There are still issues, I think.

My current month's usage shows my offpeak/peak period as 2-2 (allowing for the heading error that has already been noted) but my peak period download has 1.7MB for today, and it's 1.46pm as I write this. Also my member's summary page has metering as peak usage:

Usage Meter Server Time is 2009-06-05 01:46:48 PM.
Downloads are currently being metered as peak usage.

I'll raise a help desk ticket for this.

Regards
Fred

dbr

Post by dbr » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:44 pm

For info, my indications in user facilities Member Summary are that the 2-2 has been activated. However 12pm-2pm is being metered as peak. No complaints (ie I can manage :wink: ), just letting you know.

raymond
Exetel Staff

Post by raymond » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:08 am

dbr wrote:For info, my indications in user facilities Member Summary are that the 2-2 has been activated. However 12pm-2pm is being metered as peak. No complaints (ie I can manage :wink: ), just letting you know.
It should be 2am - 2pm.

raymond
Exetel Staff

Post by raymond » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:09 am

fredbucket wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:
There are still issues, I think.

My current month's usage shows my offpeak/peak period as 2-2 (allowing for the heading error that has already been noted) but my peak period download has 1.7MB for today, and it's 1.46pm as I write this. Also my member's summary page has metering as peak usage:

Usage Meter Server Time is 2009-06-05 01:46:48 PM.
Downloads are currently being metered as peak usage.

I'll raise a help desk ticket for this.

Regards
Fred
This should be corrected now.

dbr

Post by dbr » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:11 am

raymond wrote:It should be 2am - 2pm.
I understand what it should be, raymond. The point was that 2am-12pm is metered as off-peak. 12pm-2pm is being metered as peak.

It's no biggie for me as I have long since had my schedulers set at 2am-12pm (doing my little bit to help the 'midnighters'). I was just letting you know that the new selectable off peak does not seem to be metering correctly, for me.
raymond wrote:This should be corrected now.
The column headings are still arse about. I'll let you know th'sarvo' how the metering goes :)

harrywwc

Post by harrywwc » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:15 pm

OK,

seem to be getting 'mixed messages' here.

First message is - "change will come into effect on "first of July", not 'first of June"

Second message is - "change is effective as of "first of June", *but* there is an issue with the change".

If the first, then I will leave 'NetUsage Meter' alone :')

If the second, then "it's still broken" - I changed early last month (right after the announcement), and confirmed on my change_service_plan.php that it is currently set to "2am - 2pm), and just refreshed 'home.php' and see "Usage Meter Server Time is 2009-06-06 12:09:01 PM.
Downloads are currently being metered as peak usage."

Will wait till things settle down a little.

still having bucket loads of fun,

.h