Post by trev12 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:52 am

Internet:
20GB download
Home phone
Line rental included
Unlimited standard local calls
Unlimited standard national calls
Unlimited calls to any Australian GSM Mobile
this is ok if you use the phone a lot, but lots dont as for me my avarege phone is no more then 12 dollars that includes 1300 numbers. as exetel is a provider more of the intenet bussiness and not for the phone doesnt seems feabile to me

lewiscook

Re: New ADSL Plans For July 1st 2009

Post by lewiscook » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:40 am

peterh_oz wrote:
lewiscook wrote:I'd like to see something that would compete with Optus's Fusion $99 plan, which is:

Internet:
20GB download
Home phone
Line rental included
Do you really want $150/Gb excess charges ...?
No, but I like of the idea of a bundle including all the phone calls....

peterh_oz

Post by peterh_oz » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:10 pm

lewiscook wrote:
peterh_oz wrote:
lewiscook wrote:I'd like to see something that would compete with Optus's Fusion $99 plan, which is:

Internet:
20GB download
Home phone
Line rental included
Do you really want $150/Gb excess charges ...?
No, but I like of the idea of a bundle including all the phone calls....
My point was that this is funded by the light users, and those that pay the excess. Not the exetel way of doing things, which is more user pays, so that non-users don't subsidise the heavier users.

Much fairer.

BluBoy

Post by BluBoy » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:22 am

1) A 'free download' period of 3 am to 11 am or no free download period at all
To me, this is how it is now anyway. Internet speeds drop off and I'm finding it hard to even get to my quota.
So, in all - This is probably a better representation of the service and I'm happy with it)

2) No value adds (No Free VoiP, DID, SMS, FAX)
This is the deal breaker for me. Prior to Exetel, I never bothered with these add on services. Since being given them for free, I've used them a fair bit, to the point where I am happy to pay for the extra's.
I think there are others like me, who if given the chance would use the service and generate income for exetel. It also ties me into the service without the need for a contract

3) Lower monthly plan costs
Hahaha, who would argue with this :)
4) $1.00 per gb excess usage
Again, great news.
5) No contract
See point #2. My guess is Exetel would have a fairly high turn over as the users are mostly knowledgeable and looking for what suits them at the time.
I love the no contract idea, but you will need to look for something to tie users to Exetel... Non transferable Add on services seems to fit nicely!

ForumAdmin wrote: ADSL2 + Telephone line rental for $25.00
$30.00 for 12 gb peak
I am on the equivalent plan ($65 INCDSLB) at the moment.
Although $10 a month savings is great... I don't know if I'd give up my add on services.
(Although looking at it again, I guess I could pick up those services with another provider for ~ $5 a month anyway. So I guess its not that bad)

Matty5700

Post by Matty5700 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:54 pm

I would be happy to have cheaper plans with no extra added goodies as I dont use them anyways.
$1/gig for extras is good.
A review of the ADSL1 8mb plans is definately needed as I would like to upgrade to one as I cant get ADSL2+
A reduction in off peak wouldnt worry me at all as I dont do anything different offpeak to onpeak. If you changed a 12/54g current plan to say a 18g total would be fine by me.

Matt

jakiman

Post by jakiman » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:49 pm

I'm a kind of user who would pay up to $140 for ADSL2+phone. I'm sure there are few out there like me.
So I would love to see higher download plans such as 100gb peak... or like 150gb no peak/offpeak plan.. :twisted:

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:32 am

jakiman wrote:I'm a kind of user who would pay up to $140 for ADSL2+phone. I'm sure there are few out there like me.
So I would love to see higher download plans such as 100gb peak... or like 150gb no peak/offpeak plan.. :twisted:
Well, at $1/Gb, these new plans would allow you that, wouldn't they?

trev12

Post by trev12 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:21 am

maybe free phone rental and $1 a gig plan would be ok

limsticalz

Post by limsticalz » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:35 pm

Is a PTL plan which includes a line rental possible?

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:07 am

No. If you wish to have a PTL plan, you need to source your own phone rental (i.e Homeline phone plans from Telstra).

The reason is due to the way the ADSL2+ service is provided. PTL plans are provided via SSS (Spectrum Sharing Service) where Telstra provides the telephone service and Powertel provide ADSL2+ over the high frequency portion of the line.

kudabird

Post by kudabird » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:49 pm

From John's blog looks like much of the decision making has been completed but I'd like to see a 'fairer' distribution of plan cost. For example, a fixed multiplier is used to determine how much off-peak your plan includes comapred to peak purchase. So a 6GB peak plan comes with 6GB x 2 for 12GB off-peak, 12GB peak equates to 24GB off-peak etc. Alternatively, just one allocation of per-month quota with a scale based on time of use. This would help with the ever increasing total IP and is more pay-for-use. And slightly off-topic, PAYUDSL2 (or equivelant) for existing ADSL1 users from the members area.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:59 pm

There is an iteration of possible plans but no decision has been made.

It is a far from easy thing to do - to move away from a gradual development over a five year time frame - and there is a great reluctance to do it.

I doubt that, from what I see at the moment happening in the next 6 - 12 months, that we can improve on the current plans (and their immediate predecessors) and therefore we need to find another demographic whose needs are diffeent to our currrent customers (who we hope will stay with us unless a competitor finally makes significant improvements to their offerings).

Not easy times.

sable

Post by sable » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:22 pm

Please don't change or withdraw the current PAYU plans, they are great for the low end user, extremely cost effective especially with 100 free VOIP calls

soulman2001au

Post by soulman2001au » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:07 pm

i noticed that on the 1st page the new naked plan is exactly the same as the old ones, ie $45 for 6gb, but you say that voip will not be included in the new plans after july 1st, so for the same price ($45), you get less value. so shouldnt the 6gb naked plan be cheaper if 100 voip calls are not included?

another note, 6gb is a lot of data for people who use less than 1gb per month. is there any plan to introduce a cheaper naked plan, eg $40 for 1gb?

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:38 pm

soulman2001au wrote:i noticed that on the 1st page the new naked plan is exactly the same as the old ones, ie $45 for 6gb, but you say that voip will not be included in the new plans after july 1st, so for the same price ($45), you get less value. so shouldnt the 6gb naked plan be cheaper if 100 voip calls are not included?

another note, 6gb is a lot of data for people who use less than 1gb per month. is there any plan to introduce a cheaper naked plan, eg $40 for 1gb?
You're correct.

The current plans are as good as Exetel can ever do unless we get soe sort of cost breakthrough.

We now have to look at the future and provide a different range of plans that provide a good value but move away from meaning that Exetel constantly lives on a 'stay in business knife edge'.

So we will remove all of the 'Exetel extras' and move to a model of just providing 'basic ADSL' on the same basis as the majority of ISPs (just more downloads for less money).

All the current add ons will be chargable extras which willsort the people who simply want a basic service.

If I was brave enough I'd simply offer a base service with no downloads included but with downloads at $1.25 per gb.

I'm not that brave so we'll move closer to the "me too" mess which is the Australian ADSL industry and concentrate our efforts on other services that can be provided 'differently'.