Slightly Revised HSPA Plans

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
ForumAdmin

Slightly Revised HSPA Plans

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:12 pm

As July 1st approaches we are continuing to work on simplifying the number and presentation of all of our plans.

By COB Sunday we will reduce the number of HSPA plans to five:

1) W1 A through WI E

2) Same base allowances as the current plans: 0 gb, 1 gb, 2gb, 5 gb and 8 gb.

3) On the zero gb included plan all usage will be at 1.5 cents per mb (no 2 gb threshold)

4) All plans have zero contract

5) All plans have $25.00 activation

6) All plans allow bring your own modem

7) Exetel will sell the HuaWei 169 for $145.00

8) Exetel will sell the HuaWei 169 for $0.00 with a 24 month contract

9) No inclusions other than 5 email addresses and 200 mb of web space

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Slightly Revised HSPA Plans

Post by jokiin » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:11 pm

will there still be an option to add a voice service like the HSPA M1 plan?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:05 pm

jokiin wrote:will there still be an option to add a voice service like the HSPA M1 plan?
Yes - all sims are activated on the Optus mobile service so any sim can be inserted in a mobile phone and used to make calls at the listed rates.

PM

Post by PM » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:13 pm

ForumAdmin wrote: 3) On the zero gb included plan all usage will be at 1.5 cents per gb (no 2 gb threshold)
We know you mean 1.5 cents per mb. But 1.5 cents per gb sounded like a very nice slightly revised HSPA plan. :D

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:06 pm

Dammit PM now you've gone and done it! :D

Any chance we can stay on our current plans with the 100 free voip calls etc or are they being removed?

Currently I'm on the C3 plan and have been told in the past on these forums and in chat that it's impossible to move to the M1 plan that includes voice without getting a new SIM card (and paying the $25). Has that now changed and Exetel can add voice for me?

T.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:09 pm

I've corrected the error.

One day I'll learn to proof read.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:20 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
jokiin wrote:will there still be an option to add a voice service like the HSPA M1 plan?
Yes - all sims are activated on the Optus mobile service so any sim can be inserted in a mobile phone and used to make calls at the listed rates.
sounds good :)

Col

Post by Col » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:29 pm

Very good move imo... the current tables can be a little confusing to some people I think.
7) Exetel will sell the HuaWei 169 for $145.00
Does that include the activation charge?
9) No inclusions other than 5 email addresses and 200 mb of web space
Will there be any price reductions (other than the data rate on the 0GB plan)?

dbr

Post by dbr » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:33 pm

This thread reignited the thought I had this morning when scanning the IT news (ITWIRE, I think in this case). There was an article about Internode's 'new' 3G service. I have noted the online 'news' media I read is dominated by Optus and Telstra, naturally but the is also a disproportionate number of Internode, iiNet, TPG and AAPT 'news articles'. They are more closely thinly veiled advertorials.

And I wondered why, with Exetel's great value and innovative plans, they were not in the relevant media more? I'm talking here about PCAuthority, MIS, ITWire, CIO etc. as well of course as the more mainstream IT sections of the majors. Is there some club to which Exetel has not been invited, or chosen from which to remain aloof?

So, in conjunction with your new plans to advertise, would a series of 'Press Releases' to the IT media gain you greater exposure for minimal effort and cost? This thread crystalised the idea after my morning musings:
Exetel Revamps 3G plans for the New Financial Year

Exetel have been providing 3G services since October 2008. The product lineup gets a facelift to bring in the new Financial Year. From i July you will able to get...
Exetel's Complete 3G package

Exetel have worked hard to provide you with the best value 3G available on the market today. Particularly for those customers in questionable reception areas, we will provide...
Exetel Celebrates its 5000th 3G Customer

Exetel's rapid growth in providing 3G services to Australia has seen it connect its 5000th customer since October last year. There are no better value plans then an Exetel 3G...
So if these are published as Press Releases on the Website and sent regularly to ALL of the news media, some might catch on.

I would just like to see true value and innovation reported on rather than the usual suspects. May be the media need a little nudge to get off their collective arses. A news story presented to them is easier than them having to go find one / regurgitate a lead story from a major....
http://www.saferoz.com.au
First Aid * Fire * Safety

Col

Post by Col » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:40 pm

dbr wrote:So, in conjunction with your new plans to advertise, would a series of 'Press Releases' to the IT media gain you greater exposure for minimal effort and cost?
I. Couldn't. Agree. More.

I suggested a few months or so ago that Exetel should make their news more "press release"-like, and perhaps more news stories more often, not just news via the forum.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:53 pm

dbr wrote:This thread reignited the thought I had this morning when scanning the IT news (ITWIRE, I think in this case). There was an article about Internode's 'new' 3G service. I have noted the online 'news' media I read is dominated by Optus and Telstra, naturally but the is also a disproportionate number of Internode, iiNet, TPG and AAPT 'news articles'. They are more closely thinly veiled advertorials.
I would suspect that the press they get is as a result of the press releases that they send out that is easily rehashed as 'news' by some of the publications

dbr

Post by dbr » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:40 pm

jokiin wrote:I would suspect that the press they get is as a result of the press releases that they send out that is easily rehashed as 'news' by some of the publications
Exactly, at least I think that was my point. Cheap, easy advertising.
http://www.saferoz.com.au
First Aid * Fire * Safety

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:18 pm

dbr wrote:
jokiin wrote:I would suspect that the press they get is as a result of the press releases that they send out that is easily rehashed as 'news' by some of the publications
Exactly, at least I think that was my point. Cheap, easy advertising.
agree, no harm in a bit of self promotion

Munka

Post by Munka » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:22 am

jokiin wrote: agree, no harm in a bit of self promotion
Totally agree.
And if that did become a practice.
ForumAdmin wrote: One day I'll learn to proof read.
More than totally agree :lol:
Munka

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:45 am

Any chance we can stay on our current plans with the 100 free voip calls etc or are they being removed?

Currently I'm on the C3 plan and have been told in the past on these forums and in chat that it's impossible to move to the M1 plan that includes voice without getting a new SIM card (and paying the $25). Has that now changed and Exetel can add voice for me?