Change In Off Peak/Peak Times

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
john.d

Re: Change In Off Peak/Peak Times

Post by john.d » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:28 pm

jokiin wrote:
john.d wrote: I question whether the 12am slowdown was as big of a problem as you made out?
spend a bit of time looking through the forums and you'll see plenty of people complaining about the midnight slowdowns, the first option tried was to give people an option to shift their downloads to a later time, that didn't work as most didn't bother
How do you know they didn't bother?
Can you read their minds?

Maybe they found the 12am more suitable for them?

Again, why are you arguing against us in this matter?
what's your stake in it? You are still get 12 hours offpeak.

youneak

Post by youneak » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:
youneak wrote:If you have an issue with them honouring a clients application for an altered service when the option was available then go and complain to an ombudsman, however they are only going to explain the situation to you as I have, and many other people have in previous posts.
No. Going to an ombudsman will be even more useless as they will say "we will act as an intermediary for you", not provide any additional use that you have already done for yourself, and charge Exetel exorbitant amounts for the privelege. This ultimately make the cost of services increase for everybody. In fact, Exetel have previously exerted their right to terminate contracts with individuals because they made unnecessary nuisances of themselves in manners similar to this.
I was not trying to encourage people to use services of an ombudsman, merely explaining that even if they were to go to such measures, they still would not get anywhere as Exetel is not breaking contract agreements, and is not doing anything wrong.

All this bickering about losing out on thier service, and favouring some customers over others is pointless

john.d

Post by john.d » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:30 pm

JasonM wrote:Your right, give everyone the same. 2am - 10am, and offer usage that is tied to the peak usage.
So, people who pay $45 for 66GB can stop complaining about the loss of 2 hours, and start complaining about the loss of 4 hours, and the loss of 48GB of off peak (which would simply be giving them what they are paying for... )
Go ahead and do that!

See how many ppl would start churning away.
And you can start looking for another job.

humanity

Post by humanity » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:34 pm

JasonM wrote:Your right, give everyone the same. 2am - 10am, and offer usage that is tied to the peak usage.
So, people who pay $45 for 66GB can stop complaining about the loss of 2 hours, and start complaining about the loss of 4 hours, and the loss of 48GB of off peak (which would simply be giving them what they are paying for... )
JasonM, why do you insist on antagonising the situation and not trying to find a solution?

Schuby

Post by Schuby » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:34 pm

jokiin wrote:...that didn't work as most didn't bother
This could have been due to the fact that the email Exetel sent out about this gave absolutely no reasons for the change, thus no one knew of any benefits of changing.

As for me, I stayed with with 12am - 12pm because there was no need for me to change it, being on ADSL1 going through Telstra but re-sold by Exetel, changing wouldn't have made a difference. Had I have been in an affected area I would have gladly changed to 2am-2pm. Yet I am still treated like the bad customer.

john.d

Post by john.d » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:36 pm

youneak wrote: All this bickering about losing out on thier service, and favouring some customers over others is pointless
Of course it is pointless to you, since you having loss anything.

Yoshi667

Post by Yoshi667 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:40 pm

vk3xem wrote:
Yoshi667 wrote:You must be contempt with it, we on the other hand are not. If I am wrong please let me know, explain your situation so I have a better understanding more than your generic "Get over it."
I think it is mainly you and humanity that have contempt, where almost everyone else is content with Exetel!
Your are right, I was actually thinking about that when I wrote it :? . Thanks for pointing that out.

humanity

Post by humanity » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:41 pm

If Exetel had asked me to change my off-peak to 0200-1400 I would have.
I have no preference off off-peak, either 12-12 or 2-2. Since I have no preference and nothing was requested from Exetel I did nothing about it.

All you had to do was ask.

youneak

Post by youneak » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:42 pm

john.d wrote:
youneak wrote: All this bickering about losing out on thier service, and favouring some customers over others is pointless
At no time did I say I didn't loose anything.. I am in the same boat as many of you, I still see all this as pointless

john.d

Post by john.d » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:46 pm

youneak wrote:
john.d wrote:
At no time did I say I didn't loose anything.. I am in the same boat as many of you, I still see all this as pointless
If you feel it is pointless, then what's the point for you to post here and going against us.
If this matter is not that important to you, then just leave us alone.

Obviously the lost of 2 hours offpeak won't affect you that greatly, but it does affect many of us greatly.

humanity

Post by humanity » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:46 pm

youneak wrote:I am in the same boat as many of you, I still see all this as pointless
I want to get some answers, and I don't mind spending my time asking them over and over and over again until someone finally gives them to me.

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:48 pm

humanity wrote: JasonM, why do you insist on antagonising the situation and not trying to find a solution?
Solution - Accept the 2am - 12pm period, with the more than generous connection you receive from Exetel, or wait until the time is right for another provider to supply you similar generous amounts of data in a generous time frame, and go there.

Yoshi667

Post by Yoshi667 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:48 pm

youneak wrote:
CoreyPlover wrote:
youneak wrote:If you have an issue with them honouring a clients application for an altered service when the option was available then go and complain to an ombudsman, however they are only going to explain the situation to you as I have, and many other people have in previous posts.
No. Going to an ombudsman will be even more useless as they will say "we will act as an intermediary for you", not provide any additional use that you have already done for yourself, and charge Exetel exorbitant amounts for the privelege. This ultimately make the cost of services increase for everybody. In fact, Exetel have previously exerted their right to terminate contracts with individuals because they made unnecessary nuisances of themselves in manners similar to this.
I was not trying to encourage people to use services of an ombudsman, merely explaining that even if they were to go to such measures, they still would not get anywhere as Exetel is not breaking contract agreements, and is not doing anything wrong.

All this bickering about losing out on thier service, and favouring some customers over others is pointless
One would hope that customers voicing their opinion and Exetel listening to their customers concerns or "crying" and "whining" would not be pointless, if so why put it on the forum in the first place? So they can sit back and laugh at us, or did they honestly only expect to get praise? People were laughing when it was only me making a stand, telling me to get over it, how many people are there now, now imagine how many of those people out there that haven't come to the forum and seen what is happening would be on the side of equality?
Exetel should send an email to everyone stating that the people that didn't change from 12am-12am will get their hours cut back to 2am-12am but the people who changed to 1am-1am and 2am-2am get to keep their 12hr slot, I would be interested to see what happens then. See if it's still only a handful.

humanity

Post by humanity » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:49 pm

JasonM wrote:
humanity wrote: JasonM, why do you insist on antagonising the situation and not trying to find a solution?
Solution - Accept the 2am - 12pm period, with the more than generous connection you receive from Exetel, or wait until the time is right for another provider to supply you similar generous amounts of data in a generous time frame, and go there.
Are you going to make that same offer to ALL customers?

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:50 pm

john.d wrote:
jokiin wrote:
john.d wrote: I question whether the 12am slowdown was as big of a problem as you made out?
spend a bit of time looking through the forums and you'll see plenty of people complaining about the midnight slowdowns, the first option tried was to give people an option to shift their downloads to a later time, that didn't work as most didn't bother
How do you know they didn't bother?
Can you read their minds?

Maybe they found the 12am more suitable for them?

Again, why are you arguing against us in this matter?
what's your stake in it? You are still get 12 hours offpeak.
what I meant was not enough people (or the ones causing these problems at least) didn't change their downloads to a later time period, quite possible they found the midnight start more to their liking as they seem to have little concern about what effect they have on other users anyway, at least the ones that have posted to that effect, personally I was annoyed at the slow down experienced at midnight as it causes problems for my usage, and for the record I have no stake in it whatsoever and I also will be getting 10 hours of off peak, not 12, of little relevance really as I never go anywhere near using my off peak quota anyway