Change In Off Peak/Peak Times

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
humanity

Re: Change In Off Peak/Peak Times

Post by humanity » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:54 pm

jokiin wrote:what I meant was not enough people (or the ones causing these problems at least) didn't change their downloads to a later time period
did you ever think about emailing them

"hey, we're having some bandwidth issues, can you please shift your off-peak to 2-2?, thanx Exetel."

then you could make all the claims you wish, but you never asked us to change you just provided the options and didn't explain them.

Like offering the red and blue pills to ray charles.

Yoshi667

Post by Yoshi667 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:55 pm

Schuby wrote:
jokiin wrote:...that didn't work as most didn't bother
This could have been due to the fact that the email Exetel sent out about this gave absolutely no reasons for the change, thus no one knew of any benefits of changing.

As for me, I stayed with with 12am - 12pm because there was no need for me to change it, being on ADSL1 going through Telstra but re-sold by Exetel, changing wouldn't have made a difference. Had I have been in an affected area I would have gladly changed to 2am-2pm. Yet I am still treated like the bad customer.
I am in the same boat, ADSL1 going through Telstra resold as Exetel, I don't notice the problem that is apparently plaguing people at 12am, I didn't even know it was happening, probably due to my small town and already crap connection. Seriously look up Woolgoolga and you will see what I mean.

john.d

Post by john.d » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:56 pm

JasonM wrote:
humanity wrote: JasonM, why do you insist on antagonising the situation and not trying to find a solution?
Solution - Accept the 2am - 12pm period, with the more than generous connection you receive from Exetel, or wait until the time is right for another provider to supply you similar generous amounts of data in a generous time frame, and go there.
No.
Solution - give everyone 2am - 2pm.
Since how does 12pm-2pm affect the network slowdown.
Please explain to me.

=
Again with this attitude,
We are a better isp, take it or leave.

Is this anyway to treat your customers who done nothing wrong, other than left it on the default option.
I can assure you if you keep this attitude up, you won't be in business for long.

At the end of the day, it is us customers that keep your business alive.
And paying for your salary so you can have a job.

In this age of poor business closures, recessions, you need to start improving your customer service better.
Don't think you are any more foolproof than any other companies.
Else you may end up the same path as one.tel, GM, american banks. etc

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:58 pm

Yoshi667 wrote:[

One would hope that customers voicing their opinion and Exetel listening to their customers concerns or "crying" and "whining" would not be pointless, if so why put it on the forum in the first place? So they can sit back and laugh at us, or did they honestly only expect to get praise? People were laughing when it was only me making a stand, telling me to get over it, how many people are there now, now imagine how many of those people out there that haven't come to the forum and seen what is happening would be on the side of equality?
Exetel should send an email to everyone stating that the people that didn't change from 12am-12am will get their hours cut back to 2am-12am but the people who changed to 1am-1am and 2am-2am get to keep their 12hr slot, I would be interested to see what happens then. See if it's still only a handful.

Yoshi, get over it! You have a great deal, you pay $45.00 for your naked ADSL2+ plan per month, and get 6 gigabytes of peak data, and 60 gigabytes of off peak data.

If you can find a better deal, i'd like to know.

Yoshi667

Post by Yoshi667 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:00 am

James wrote:

One would hope that customers voicing their opinion and Exetel listening to their customers concerns or "crying" and "whining" would not be pointless, if so why put it on the forum in the first place? So they can sit back and laugh at us, or did they honestly only expect to get praise? People were laughing when it was only me making a stand, telling me to get over it, how many people are there now, now imagine how many of those people out there that haven't come to the forum and seen what is happening would be on the side of equality?
Exetel should send an email to everyone stating that the people that didn't change from 12am-12am will get their hours cut back to 2am-12am but the people who changed to 1am-1am and 2am-2am get to keep their 12hr slot, I would be interested to see what happens then. See if it's still only a handful.

Yoshi, get over it! You have a great deal, you pay $45.00 for your naked ADSL2+ plan per month, and get 6 gigabytes of peak data, and 60 gigabytes of off peak data.

Sorry buddy but I don't, try actually reading the forum next time :wink:

humanity

Post by humanity » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:00 am

Exetel failed to communicate the reasons for the new off-peak time periods, and they refuse to admit it.

What is Exetels reason for not putting every customer on the 2-2 off-peak time?
Wouldn't that solve the problems now expressed in this forum as well as the midnight slowdown this whole issue was supposed to resolve?

Or is there some secret agenda that we're not being told?

humanity

Post by humanity » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:01 am

@James

Be very careful about publicly posting a customers private information, and that includes what plan they are on. I'd hate to see Exetel involved in a lawsuit.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:03 am

john.d wrote:
JasonM wrote:
humanity wrote: JasonM, why do you insist on antagonising the situation and not trying to find a solution?
Solution - Accept the 2am - 12pm period, with the more than generous connection you receive from Exetel, or wait until the time is right for another provider to supply you similar generous amounts of data in a generous time frame, and go there.
No.
Solution - give everyone 2am - 2pm.
Since how does 12pm-2pm affect the network slowdown.
Please explain to me.

=
Again with this attitude,
We are a better isp, take it or leave.

Is this anyway to treat your customers who done nothing wrong, other than left it on the default option.
I can assure you if you keep this attitude up, you won't be in business for long.

At the end of the day, it is us customers that keep your business alive.
And paying for your salary so you can have a job.

In this age of poor business closures, recessions, you need to start improving your customer service better.
Don't think you are any more foolproof than any other companies.
Else you may end up the same path as one.tel, GM, american banks. etc

Hi John,

I'm not sure what you are saying about our service, but we keep extending out support hours, and adding more inclusions (sms/fax/voip/etc) to our plans, but thank you for your concern.

James

Yoshi667

Post by Yoshi667 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:03 am

@ jokiin

Do you ever get anywhere near using your peak quota though?

MikeMil

Post by MikeMil » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:04 am

humanity wrote:
jokiin wrote:what I meant was not enough people (or the ones causing these problems at least) didn't change their downloads to a later time period
did you ever think about emailing them

"hey, we're having some bandwidth issues, can you please shift your off-peak to 2-2?, thanx Exetel."

then you could make all the claims you wish, but you never asked us to change you just provided the options and didn't explain them.

Like offering the red and blue pills to ray charles.
It is actually quite amazing how many issues could have been solved by a simple email.
Because this email didn't contain any relevant information, the least that could happen would be to give everyone the same deal.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:04 am

humanity wrote:Exetel failed to communicate the reasons for the new off-peak time periods, and they refuse to admit it.

Wouldn't that solve the problems now expressed in this forum as well as the midnight slowdown this whole issue was supposed to resolve?

Read John Linton's blog, that explains everything you need to know this change.

humanity

Post by humanity » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:05 am

James wrote:adding more inclusions (sms/fax/voip/etc) to our plansJames
Can I trade those in for the extra 2 hours of off-peak?

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:05 am

Yoshi667 wrote:
James wrote:

Sorry buddy but I don't, try actually reading the forum next time :wink:

Hi Yoshi,

You don't have a great deal?

I just did a check, and couldn't see anything better than what you have.

James

humanity

Post by humanity » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:07 am

James wrote:
humanity wrote:Exetel failed to communicate the reasons for the new off-peak time periods, and they refuse to admit it.

Read John Linton's blog, that explains everything you need to know this change.
You honestly expect every customer to have read that blog? I didn't even know it existed until yesterday. Why should I have to read a blog? No other service I subscribe to or have subscribed to forces me to.

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:08 am

humanity wrote: You honestly expect every customer to have read that blog? I didn't even know it existed until yesterday. Why should I have to read a blog? No other service I subscribe to or have subscribed to forces me to.
And you aren't forced to suggest / argue / complain about the changes, yet here you are..