Change In Off Peak/Peak Times

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
James
Exetel Staff

Re: Change In Off Peak/Peak Times

Post by James » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:09 am

humanity wrote:
James wrote:
humanity wrote:Exetel failed to communicate the reasons for the new off-peak time periods, and they refuse to admit it.

What is Exetels reason for not putting every customer on the 2-2 off-peak time?
Wouldn't that solve the problems now expressed in this forum as well as the midnight slowdown this whole issue was supposed to resolve?

Or is there some secret agenda that we're not being told?
Read John Linton's blog, that explains everything you need to know this change.
You honestly expect every customer to have read that blog? I didn't even know it existed until yesterday. Why should I have to read a blog? No other service I subscribe to or have subscribed to forces me to.
Looking at your usage over the last couple of months, this change will make bugger all difference to you.

Storm in a teacup.

humanity

Post by humanity » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:13 am

JasonM wrote:
humanity wrote:@James

Be very careful about publicly posting a customers private information, and that includes what plan they are on. I'd hate to see Exetel involved in a lawsuit.
More lunacy..

The plan "humanity" is on is not personal information - it's simply some online personality, known as humanity uses "NAK2A" and is a user who complains about everything, but happily consumes more than his fair share of off peak usages.

If forced to move on, he is likely to whinge and complain more..
Interesting. I made 1 suggestion about your website, which was approved and is now in place. All other communication has been "I'm disconnected or my speed as dropped below dial-up". I think anyone would complain about that.

As for my "fair share" of off peak, my current usage is 22.1GB. Just over half the monthly progress, but we are talking about time here, not data allowance. So, for the love of what ever deity you believe in stay on topic.

Also this nic is one that I use in quite a number of places and I am known by it. You just opened yourself to a lawsuit, but I'll let you go this time since I'm a nice guy.

What do you tell us about yourself JasonM, what plan are you on? How much do you download? Are you going to get 10 hours or 12 hours off-peak? How many support calls have you made?
Last edited by humanity on Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

MikeMil

Post by MikeMil » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:13 am

JasonM wrote:
humanity wrote:@James

Be very careful about publicly posting a customers private information, and that includes what plan they are on. I'd hate to see Exetel involved in a lawsuit.
More lunacy..
Come on man, I work in retail, and I know how annoying some customers can be. And although I am in the same boat as humanity, I can see why you might be getting frustrated. But you really shouldn't talk to customers like that.

humanity

Post by humanity » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:14 am

JasonM wrote:
humanity wrote: You honestly expect every customer to have read that blog? I didn't even know it existed until yesterday. Why should I have to read a blog? No other service I subscribe to or have subscribed to forces me to.
And you aren't forced to suggest / argue / complain about the changes, yet here you are..
I am here because the change being made has a negative impact on me, and you didn't answer my questions.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:17 am

Hi Mike,

Exetel staff are always very polite to customers, but the customer isn't always right, and no one should have to be polite at all costs, especially at some of these pedantic whinging posts.

If you have a problem with the service, find a more suitable provider, I had an issue with my bank and just moved on.

James

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:17 am

humanity wrote:What do you tell us about yourself JasonM, what plan are you on? How much do you download? Are you going to get 10 hours or 12 hours off-peak? How many support calls have you made?
Off topic,but why not..

One of the grandfathered INCPHONE plans.
My connection isn't high impact, I work from home, and I also maintain some unrelated servers, which adds usage - 15GB off peak, 21GB peak for June.
12 hours this month - 2am - 2pm, as above, work from home.
Support calls taken? Beyond the thousands.
Times I have had to call Exetel? Once.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:18 am

humanity wrote:
JasonM wrote:
humanity wrote: You honestly expect every customer to have read that blog? I didn't even know it existed until yesterday. Why should I have to read a blog? No other service I subscribe to or have subscribed to forces me to.
And you aren't forced to suggest / argue / complain about the changes, yet here you are..
I am here because the change being made has a negative impact on me, and you didn't answer my questions.
Hi Humanity,

I'm pretty sure you aren't going to get any more answers, but my answer that this change will have a negligible impact on your monthly usage stands.

James
Last edited by James on Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:19 am

Yoshi667 wrote:@ jokiin

Do you ever get anywhere near using your peak quota though?
no, a big month I might get to 50% of my quota, 30% is probably more like it, I don't use P2P at all though which is where I'm guessing most people that are complaining are using a large slice of their quota

humanity

Post by humanity » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:20 am

JasonM wrote:
humanity wrote:What do you tell us about yourself JasonM, what plan are you on? How much do you download? Are you going to get 10 hours or 12 hours off-peak? How many support calls have you made?
Off topic,but why not..

One of the grandfathered INCPHONE plans.
My connection isn't high impact, I work from home, and I also maintain some unrelated servers, which adds usage - 15GB off peak, 21GB peak for June.
12 hours this month - 2am - 2pm, as above, work from home.
Support calls taken? Beyond the thousands.
Times I have had to call Exetel? Once.
Figured you'd have that option, and right now you're a bigger impact on the network than I am.

Yoshi667

Post by Yoshi667 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:21 am

James wrote:

Hi Yoshi,

You don't have a great deal?

I just did a check, and couldn't see anything better than what you have.

James
Are you sure that plan is the right one this time? Because that is what I was talking about. And I think you fail to take into account the whole reason for this debate, it's not about whether you are the best ISP in Australia (definitely not the world) but about treating people equally.
You really haven't read any of the previous comments have you? If so I am wondering how the other many pages of comments has eluded you and how even one comment with the main point of fairness has missed your obvious eagle eyes.

banama

Post by banama » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:21 am

Please dont compare with another ISP , we are using Exetel , think about solution to solve it balance

1) increase GB on peak time and reduce GB off peak time
2) give all customers the same time

Thanks !

humanity

Post by humanity » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:22 am

James wrote: Hi Humanity,

I'm pretty sure you aren't going to get any more answers, but my answer that this change will be negligible impact on your monthly usage stands.

James
Not from JasonM, he's just a troll. I have to learn to ignore him more.

john.d

Post by john.d » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:23 am

James wrote:Hi Mike,

Exetel staff are always very polite to customers, but the customer isn't always right, and no one should have to be polite at all costs, especially at some of these pedantic whinging posts.

If you have a problem with the service, find a more suitable provider, I had an issue with my bank and just moved on.

James
What's the point of having this forum then?
When we have a complaint, you start calling us whingers?

Is this someone polite?
Or this attitude of take it or leave it?

Do you want us to come here and just sing you praises.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:23 am

Yoshi667 wrote:
James wrote:

Hi Yoshi,

You don't have a great deal?

I just did a check, and couldn't see anything better than what you have.

James
Are you sure that plan is the right one this time? Because that is what I was talking about. And I think you fail to take into account the whole reason for this debate, it's not about whether you are the best ISP in Australia (definitely not the world) but about treating people equally.
You really haven't read any of the previous comments have you? If so I am wondering how the other many pages of comments has eluded you and how even one comment with the main point of fairness has missed your obvious eagle eyes.
There is no debate, the change has been made, and some customers were rewarded for their forward thinking, just like the customers in early 2004 who joined a brand new ISP, who now get $12.50 off their monthly bill. Next you'll probably ask us to pass that onto everyone?
Last edited by James on Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:24 am

humanity wrote:
James wrote: Hi Humanity,

I'm pretty sure you aren't going to get any more answers, but my answer that this change will be negligible impact on your monthly usage stands.

James
Not from JasonM, he's just a troll. I have to learn to ignore him more.
No, he's an Exetel employee, and a great one at that.