Major Changes To 'No Frills' Plans

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
lkml2000

Re: Major Changes To 'No Frills' Plans

Post by lkml2000 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:00 pm

I am now using your INC2DSLA plan; your new NF plan is very attractive as I didn’t use that much data. But I do use VOIP for international calls.

My questions are

1. If I switch to NF, how about my current VOIP DID number?
2. If I lost my DID, could I still use Exetel VOIP for outgoing calls?
3. If yes, do I need to re-order the VOIP servvice?
3. If I can make outgoing calls, what number would be displayed on the receiver side?
4. I remembered that you charge $1.00 for DID if the user didn’t make any calls. Does it mean that it would cost me $1.00 to keep my DID?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:26 pm

lkml2000 wrote:I am now using your INC2DSLA plan; your new NF plan is very attractive as I didn’t use that much data. But I do use VOIP for international calls.

My questions are

3. If I can make outgoing calls, what number would be displayed on the receiver side?
4. I remembered that you charge $1.00 for DID if the user didn’t make any calls. Does it mean that it would cost me $1.00 to keep my DID?
The user facilities will have a process to transfer your current VoIP service to a 'stand alone' VoIP plan and retain your current DID/Number.

Ravenous

Post by Ravenous » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:53 pm

WHY does the telecommunications industry insist to package their products into 'included value/included data quota/included call minutes' on post-paid plans?

I wish it were all more simple to work out what is good value and what isn't. Pay for what you use is the only way for me.

Example:
SERVICE (ADSL1/ADSL2+TEL/NAKED/ADSL2+LSS)
- One off connection fee
- Base monthly access/rental fee to access internet/phone
- Peak data fee rate per MB/GB to download
- Off-pead data fee rate per MB/GB to download
- Provide a fee matrix or calculation tool to show what customer should expect to pay (and compare with competitor 'packages')if they download xx GB at Peak rates and xx GB off-peak rates
- Contract period
- 'Value Added Services' options

I think there are too many plans/packages/bundles to choose from.
These days I find myself buying/subscribing to the more 'simple' and 'transparent' services.

Sorry if I gone too far off-topic

Cheers

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:08 pm

Ravenous wrote:WHY does the telecommunications industry insist to package their products into 'included value/included data quota/included call minutes' on post-paid plans?
It is a good question. Exetel tried to buck the trend an provide "pay for what you use" plans but consumers seem to desire capped, rather than transparent, plans. See http://johnl.blogs.exetel.com.au/index. ... sense.html

lkml2000

Post by lkml2000 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:41 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
lkml2000 wrote:I am now using your INC2DSLA plan; your new NF plan is very attractive as I didn’t use that much data. But I do use VOIP for international calls.

My questions are

The user facilities will have a process to transfer your current VoIP service to a 'stand alone' VoIP plan and retain your current DID/Number.
Thanks FA,

I can see postpaid plan B (no min charge) and would like to clarify that if i switch to NF plans

1. I can keep my current VOIP DID number and
2. No charge to keep the DID number and the VOIP service just pay whatever I used? and
3. No charge even if I do not use the VOIP on a particular month?

Thanks

crustyman

Post by crustyman » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:29 pm

wizard wrote:
nutsandbolts wrote:how does one go from NakedDSL to nofrills NakedDSL plan ?
Will the new NF naked plans be available existing naked users (via change my service) and if so will I be able to change from a existing naked plan while still under contract with no penalty.

As I only make 20-30 voip calls per month these represent as much better value to me.

By the way well done on the excellent value of the new NF plans

Thanks
I'm wanting to know the exact same thing as I am not using any of the SMS, VoIP or other services that is "value added" I'd love to be able to switch to the no frills option while still under contract, hell I'd pay a fee to change if required :)

vikas619

Post by vikas619 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:41 pm

crustyman wrote:
wizard wrote:
nutsandbolts wrote:how does one go from NakedDSL to nofrills NakedDSL plan ?
Will the new NF naked plans be available existing naked users (via change my service) and if so will I be able to change from a existing naked plan while still under contract with no penalty.

As I only make 20-30 voip calls per month these represent as much better value to me.

By the way well done on the excellent value of the new NF plans

Thanks
I'm wanting to know the exact same thing as I am not using any of the SMS, VoIP or other services that is "value added" I'd love to be able to switch to the no frills option while still under contract, hell I'd pay a fee to change if required :)
Can Forum Admin or anyone else confirm if this can be done? I'm also in same boat i.e. not using VOIP, SMS etc much. :)

Old Flame

Post by Old Flame » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:48 pm

vikas619 wrote:
Can Forum Admin or anyone else confirm if this can be done? I'm also in same boat i.e. not using VOIP, SMS etc much. :)
I'm waiting on the same answer. As I don't make many calls either but would like to keep same VoIP service regardless of if the calls are free or not, if I change over.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:17 pm

lkml2000 wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:

My questions are

Thanks FA,

I can see postpaid plan B (no min charge) and would like to clarify that if i switch to NF plans

1. I can keep my current VOIP DID number and
2. No charge to keep the DID number and the VOIP service just pay whatever I used? and
3. No charge even if I do not use the VOIP on a particular month?

Thanks
Yes to all three.
:P

crustyman

Post by crustyman » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:53 pm

Can you please answer our question about moving from existing Naked plans to the new no frills ones while in contract?

Thanks

Ravenous

Post by Ravenous » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:05 pm

Updated Page 4
Last edited by Ravenous on Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:18 am

I like it!

majones

Post by majones » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:55 am

In my second post on this topic I questioned whether the NF/21IncTel was actually cheaper than the INC2DSLA plan as per below:
NF/21IncTel $60.00 $30.00 $30.00 3 gbytes 12 gbytes $0.50
NF/22IncTel $60.00 $30.00 $40.00 15 gbytes 24 gbytes $0.50

Now it seems that the monthly adsl charge has been changed by Exetel to be dropped by $10, which now provides a more affordable option to INC2DSLA.
NF/21IncTel $60.00 $30.00 $20.00 3 gbytes 12 gbytes $0.50
NF/22IncTel $60.00 $30.00 $35.00 15 gbytes 24 gbytes $0.50
NF/23IncTel $60.00 $30.00 $50.00 40 gbytes 60 gbytes $0.50

However as per Ravenous' very nice table, no user will likely ever get the NF/22 or NF/23 based on included peak usage data because the excess costs for the NF/21 plan will never actually cost more than the NF/22 or NF/23 plans. (Due to the 50c excess charge)

Those who want the 60 GB Off peak could consider that if they choose the NF/21 plan, they can have up to 72GB in total per month (Peak/OffPeak), and still come in under the $80 mark. Then if they don't use much in any particular month they could save up to $30 in that month.
(15 GB included + 57 = 72GB -> 57x$0.50 is $28.50 excess, which is less than the $30 premium for that plan)

I think for high downloaders, these NF/22 and NF/23 plans would need much higher included gbytes or lower monthly adsl charges for it to be worth signing up for. :?

Don't mean to get picky here, but these prices just don't seem to make sense.

Cheers
Jonesy

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:02 am

majones wrote:
Don't mean to get picky here, but these prices just don't seem to make sense.

Cheers
Jonesy
Maybe talk directly to the source here: http://johnl.blogs.exetel.com.au/index. ... s.....html

Ravenous

Post by Ravenous » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:37 pm

Updated.... again.... Page 4
Last edited by Ravenous on Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.