Major Changes To 'No Frills' Plans

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
roby

Re: Major Changes To 'No Frills' Plans

Post by roby » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:38 pm

if Iwere to change plans now I would be worse off as I do not get my 100 free voip calls

nihonjin

Post by nihonjin » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:52 pm

roby wrote:if Iwere to change plans now I would be worse off as I do not get my 100 free voip calls
But is the equivalent plan now cheaper therefore offsetting the loss of free voip. The plan is that people can now add whatever extras they wish instead of making all the plans come with value added extras that many people were not using or didn't need.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:12 pm

Nihonjin, the new plans are considerably more expensive for low data users with VoIP. These users typically consume only a fraction of their quota, so are probably quite profitable customers. The new plans are not attractive for them.

Ravenous

Post by Ravenous » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:22 pm

Holy smokes batman FREE activation for new customers :x craaazy mon

nihonjin

Post by nihonjin » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:28 pm

Dazzled wrote:Nihonjin, the new plans are considerably more expensive for low data users with VoIP. These users typically consume only a fraction of their quota, so are probably quite profitable customers. The new plans are not attractive for them.

Would the new PAYU plans better suit people in these situations. All i know is if they dont change again (for the worse) im will be better off.

jman177

Post by jman177 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:49 pm

Had a few quick questions:-

Question 1. Is 40GB peak going to be the biggest plan?
Question 2. Any chance of getting any free call credit with the $30 line rental?

(Optus offers $30 line rental which includes a $50 monthly call credit & I think Telstra does that too)

Col

Post by Col » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:51 pm

These plans are starting to grow on me. Most of the revisions have been for the better and Exetel is great for providing those changes. I hope that the offpeak period will get extended in the future or atleast bring back period options, and the excess charges could be reduced to $1/GB. I think the Naked plans should have 50 free VoIP calls added to them, and there should be a higher quota plan in each of the categories.

The NF/21BYO Line plan and the NF/24BYO Line have the same price ($25) which I guess is an error that needs to be fixed.

Jane’s addiction

Post by Jane’s addiction » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:47 pm

I don't think I'm going to swap over just yet as if downloading a large 30gig file that has a speed of about 160 MPH or 1.6 gig per 10 hours I,m worse off time wise.

My question is I'm on the 24/60 NAK3 how do I swap plans now as the only option is to select the NF plans in the self help.

Support are going to love me sending them an email each month to change plans.

Ravenous

Exetel ADSL Plan Matrix

Post by Ravenous » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:28 pm

Updated again Page 8
Last edited by Ravenous on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.

limsticalz

Post by limsticalz » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:49 pm

Hi, will there be shaping still available? Or is it just excess charges?

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:06 pm

jman177 wrote:Had a few quick questions:-

Question 1. Is 40GB peak going to be the biggest plan?
Question 2. Any chance of getting any free call credit with the $30 line rental?

(Optus offers $30 line rental which includes a $50 monthly call credit & I think Telstra does that too)
If we charged the same call rates that should be possible, but i'm sure you would prefer to pay less per call.

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:20 pm

Ravenous wrote:Here is the plan matrix MKIII for a range of 'Peak' Download scenarios.
Nice work once again Ravenous. Thanks.

thewiz

Post by thewiz » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:35 pm

Ravenous wrote:Here is the plan matrix MKIII for a range of 'Peak' Download scenarios. Hope it does not need to be changed again for at least a month. Please note I have included assumed phone line rentals in the monthly fee costs. Once again, I hope it helps some to make an informed decision.

I think the balance is close to being struck across the spectrum of plans. Well done Exetel!
Where does that $27.95 come from in the bottom 4 plans?

Col

Post by Col » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:40 pm

thewiz wrote:
Ravenous wrote:Here is the plan matrix MKIII for a range of 'Peak' Download scenarios. Hope it does not need to be changed again for at least a month. Please note I have included assumed phone line rentals in the monthly fee costs. Once again, I hope it helps some to make an informed decision.

I think the balance is close to being struck across the spectrum of plans. Well done Exetel!
Where does that $27.95 come from in the bottom 4 plans?
Read the assumptions at the very bottom. It's the price of Telstra's HomeLine Complete plan.

thewiz

Post by thewiz » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:46 pm

Ah, I was wonderig where that figure came from.

nihonjin wrote:the plans keep changing i hope its not an error but NF/22BYO Line for $35 give you 24G peak and 60G off peak. Im on the old PTL B plan which for $45 i get 12G peak and 60G offpeak plus the added value extras. I am more then happy to do away with the added extras if i can save $10 and get double peak download.

Are these prices correct or will they change again?

Do i go on a new contract if i change over to one of them?
I'm on PTL C atm $55/24/60. The same plan now is $35 with 2 hours less offpeak. $20 less without the extras is a hell good saving. If these are the final plans I am definitely going to swap over.