Major Changes To 'No Frills' Plans

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
Ravenous

Re: Major Changes To 'No Frills' Plans

Post by Ravenous » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:37 pm

Dazzled wrote:Ravenous, the new plans would certainly have appeal to a Bigpond customer
Funny, I would have thought they would have appeal to new low-end user VoIP + phone users. Why would it appeal to bigpond customers only?
Dazzled wrote:The users I have in mind have no use for torrents, and precious little use for Youtube.
That was the point I was making. I take it you have no gauge for sarcasm. The 60GB Off-Peak component of INCDSL2A imho is not required for 'new low end VoIP + phone users'. Assuming 'new low end VoIP + phone users' would use a few gig peak a couple gig off-peak (say $50 PAYU 4GB/2GB) and a score (20-30) of VoIP calls (Say $2.00-$3.00 worth to landlines only), wouldn't it work out cheaper for them?

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:45 pm

Sorry about the undeveloped sarcasm detector. I think you under-estimate the number of VoIP calls though. This group appears to use non-mobile phones quite a lot. They would have extracted all the value from the previous VoIP inclusion (3 and a bit per day).

Ravenous

Post by Ravenous » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:51 pm

Dazzled wrote:Sorry about the undeveloped sarcasm detector. I think you under-estimate the number of VoIP calls though. This group appears to use non-mobile phones quite a lot. They would have extracted all the value from the previous VoIP inclusion.
Agreed. In comparison case a switch to a 'naked' plan would be better value to INC2DSLA. But I assume a landline for emergrencies is required?

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:04 pm

Anyone who can sell Naked to the over 60s is incredibly persuasive. It usually takes a bad experience to break a lifetime on Telstra.

Old Flame

Post by Old Flame » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:14 am

The new format of the plans, don't really make it worth my while switching to no frills Naked (that sounds erotic) any longer. Don't matter anyway, as I am very happy with current plan and included VoIP etc etc etc.

soaper

Post by soaper » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:50 am

Dazzled wrote:Anyone who can sell Naked to the over 60s is incredibly persuasive. It usually takes a bad experience to break a lifetime on Telstra.
well i was an early naked consumer

however for reasons i wont bore u with i am changing to a BYO plan with a telstra line i have also running ..... and becoming *clothed * again.

for me, for several reasons, that BYO plan is exactly what i want.

i havnt worked out the fine detail of cost but it will be ball park.
and because we dont do off peak heavy downloads...........the peak times on the plan dont matter.

for me the tech issues come up when i add in VOIP to the non naked service

i had a neat set up with non naked adsl 2 before, with two phone bases attached to the back of the modem (piggy back) and it gave me two phone sets around the house that rang and were more likely heard by my hearing impaired son.
the beauty of it was that they were interchangeable and we could pick up and transfer calls all around.
and have two lines out being used at the same time.........one person on PSTN and one on VOIP.
just press a button..........which button i now forget.
ummmmmmmmmmm

i will have to figure that process out again and get out the filters again i guess.

davidhes

Post by davidhes » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:10 pm

I just applied to change over from nonphone z to NF/22NoTel, for $5 more a month I will now get an extra 12gb peak and 6gb offpeak. I used the client services facility .I have no need for any of the other stuff so the new plans suit me very nicely. However there was no mention of my contract being extended if I changed plan so I hope that is not the case, my current contract is meant to end in december and although I intend to stay with exetel I would prefer to not be locked in. If my contract has been extended 12 months by changing over to this then I will revoke it immediately and stay on my current plan. Can anyone tell me how I can find out?

soaper

Post by soaper » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:26 pm

the
NF/21BYO Line and others in this series.... are not on the page in the members facilities under ADSL plan change

i can see why they might not be perhaps

but it dosnt allow for me, at least, to change my service

any comment on that or do i go in and do a new application????

thanks

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:31 pm

Sorry soaper, I meant to reply to you before I got distracted.
In your specific case, the infrastructure used will differ from one provider to another.
To ensure I had 'a' service, I would use the second line you have activated to activate the new ADSL2+ (BYO Phone) service, and once done, cancel the other service.

A new application is required to do this (different infrastructure, which is why there's no "Change my service" option allowing you to move to the BYO phone service).

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:33 pm

davidhes wrote:I just applied to change over from nonphone z to NF/22NoTel, for $5 more a month I will now get an extra 12gb peak and 6gb offpeak. I used the client services facility .I have no need for any of the other stuff so the new plans suit me very nicely. However there was no mention of my contract being extended if I changed plan so I hope that is not the case, my current contract is meant to end in december and although I intend to stay with exetel I would prefer to not be locked in. If my contract has been extended 12 months by changing over to this then I will revoke it immediately and stay on my current plan. Can anyone tell me how I can find out?
No new contract will apply for a change of 'plan' (as the service type / infrastructure remains the same, and the change is simply a change in quota/price).

soaper

Post by soaper » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:38 pm

thanks jason....again

it is logical isnt it ...what you say.... but i just wanted to be sure

i will do it tonight as i guess all charges from whenever it changes over will be pro rata ??

:) :)

soaper

Post by soaper » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:25 pm

ok
i put the change thro on line and then called to confirm that i can port my present VOIP.
i was assurred by Charman ( ? spelling) that that it only needs a email to them and they will port it over for me when the new service starts

will just have to work out the particular VOIP set up i want again with all the phones interconnected.
that will be fun.

roby

Post by roby » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:35 am

are you still going to have the fax to email service or are you dropping that off?
also the email to fax service.

crajoh

Post by crajoh » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:01 pm

I have just gone into the members facilities to change to one of the new plans, I'm thinking the NF/24INCTEL, but on exetels home page it says there is 0 data peak 0 data offpeak, and on the members change plan page it says 0Gb peak, 60Gb Off Peak.

Does anyone know which is the actual plan.... If it includes the 60Gb Off peak its pretty good value.

Thanks.

EDIT: I just pressed the order button, and it changes back to 0gb peak of 0Gb offpeak.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:23 am

crajoh wrote:Does anyone know which is the actual plan.... If it includes the 60Gb Off peak its pretty good value.
I think that the NF/24 plans represent PAYU (pay as you use) plans. Therefore, no included quota in exchange for lower costs per GB.