12 Hour 'Off Peak' Now For New ADSL2 Plans

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

12 Hour 'Off Peak' Now For New ADSL2 Plans

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:22 pm

As we fore shadowed some 6 - 8 weeks ago the new ADSL2 plans will now have a 12 midnight to 12 noon 'off peak' period from 1/11/09.

We will also make the ADSL1 (no frills) plans 12 midnight to 12 noon from 1/11/09.

We can't restore the 12 - 12 period for the 'old plans' at the moment but that is being looked at for 1/1/10 (scary to use that date for the first time).

We had hoped to be a little more adventurous than this - which in itself is pretty good - but it seems to me that there are too many difficulties in 'going the next step' at this time and we will need to do some further 'negotiating'.

manic77
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:09 pm

Re: 12 Hour 'Off Peak' Now For New ADSL2 Plans

Post by manic77 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:54 pm

hi mate,

i am an existing customer, and under my account/change plans, i see the peak hours as 8am-12pm. but home page shows as u told 12-12.

can u plz clarify if i am eligible to move to 12-12 plan in November 1st?

thx

rahul
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:35 am
Location: Adelaide

Re: 12 Hour 'Off Peak' Now For New ADSL2 Plans

Post by rahul » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:01 pm

My friends' new Naked ADSL2 is about to connect as of 03/11/2009 the order was placed on the 20/10/2009. So what will the off peak time be for him?

Cheers

kenobiajay
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:05 pm
Location: Sydney, New South Wales

Re: 12 Hour 'Off Peak' Now For New ADSL2 Plans

Post by kenobiajay » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:34 pm

I'm a current customer on the INCPHONE A plan - $65. I don't use the "frills" on this plan since I've also got an HSPA account which has all the frills I need (free sms + voip)

If I change to NF/22INCTEL (which is also $65), what will be the new contract period (not that im planning to move away!!!)?

Also, will I continue getting my pioneer discount (thanks, by the way!)?

wizard
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: 12 Hour 'Off Peak' Now For New ADSL2 Plans

Post by wizard » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:12 pm

Thanks :D

These new NF plans are excellent value !!!

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 5922
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:24 pm
Location: Melbourne, VIC

Re: 12 Hour 'Off Peak' Now For New ADSL2 Plans

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:39 pm

kenobiajay wrote:I'm a current customer on the INCPHONE A plan - $65. I don't use the "frills" on this plan since I've also got an HSPA account which has all the frills I need (free sms + voip)

If I change to NF/22INCTEL (which is also $65), what will be the new contract period (not that im planning to move away!!!)?

Also, will I continue getting my pioneer discount (thanks, by the way!)?
I can dig up other posts that answer these questions if you like, but short answers are:
* Changing from INCPHONE to NF/IncTel plans does not incur a new contract as they are provided on the same infrastructure (it is essentially a billing and download quota change only)
* Pioneer discounts apply to customers, not plans, and so are retained under plan changes

kenobiajay
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:05 pm
Location: Sydney, New South Wales

Re: 12 Hour 'Off Peak' Now For New ADSL2 Plans

Post by kenobiajay » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:02 pm

CoreyPlover wrote: I can dig up other posts that answer these questions if you like, but short answers are:
Thanks a lot :D

nihonjin
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: 12 Hour 'Off Peak' Now For New ADSL2 Plans

Post by nihonjin » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:46 pm

thanks as always for trying to keep offering the best value plans you can.

David R
Posts: 197
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:39 am
Location: Sydney

Re: 12 Hour 'Off Peak' Now For New ADSL2 Plans

Post by David R » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:54 am

This group claim a disproportionate amount of bandwidth and are being afforded extended hours.

I figure a lack of competition in ADSL1 services might be the reason.

Still I am happy I get my 12 hours for being a forum reader (on an old DSL1 service; I just don't think these speedy ADSL2 connections so much need the benefit .. I guess I was preparing myself to be stimulated by the adventurous introduction of the word unlimited ).
*Vista Ultimate* Billion,7402GL &TP-Link,D-W8920G <Atten(dB)42 @1.9 km>; HTC Kaiser II, WM6; Pre-paid RP2000 (Optus)
200GB@3.1Mbps,$60pm Zone 1+ 2X H-Line Budget; WP Saver VoIP._ 220.233.165.22x; $3,450 revenue: 5 years club.

Shady
Posts: 436
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 11:19 am

Re: 12 Hour 'Off Peak' Now For New ADSL2 Plans

Post by Shady » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:17 am

manic77 wrote:hi mate,

i am an existing customer, and under my account/change plans, i see the peak hours as 8am-12pm. but home page shows as u told 12-12.

can u plz clarify if i am eligible to move to 12-12 plan in November 1st?

thx
Hi Manic,

This will take place on the first of November.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 5922
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:24 pm
Location: Melbourne, VIC

Re: 12 Hour 'Off Peak' Now For New ADSL2 Plans

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:33 am

David R wrote:This group claim a disproportionate amount of bandwidth and are being afforded extended hours.

I figure a lack of competition in ADSL1 services might be the reason.

Still I am happy I get my 12 hours for being a forum reader (on an old DSL1 service; I just don't think these speedy ADSL2 connections so much need the benefit .. I guess I was preparing myself to be stimulated by the adventurous introduction of the word unlimited ).
The 12 hours off-peak will apply for all new users, not just forum readers. Plus, from ForumAdmin's previous discussions, unlimited plans were being considered in conjunction with 12 hours of off-peak time, so unlimited plans (either new separate plans or additions to standard plans) are probably still under consideration

Yoshi_900
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:46 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: 12 Hour 'Off Peak' Now For New ADSL2 Plans

Post by Yoshi_900 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:13 am

hey guys,

i thought the whole reason for putting the time to 2am for off peak was to fix the problem with bandwidth at 12 midnight... wont shifting the time back to 12 midnight just reproduce the problem?
Last edited by Yoshi_900 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

David R
Posts: 197
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:39 am
Location: Sydney

Re: 12 Hour 'Off Peak' Now For New ADSL2 Plans

Post by David R » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:16 am

I would happily trade in 50% of my 'freetime hours' if ADSL2 was available at my exchange. Not even TPG do something as ambitious as supply unlimited for any part of the day (e.g. off-peak on its heavy plan is 'five' hours).....so it ought to be spectacular enough to have unlimited offered twelve and six hours respectively, for ADSL1 and ADSL2 users.
Maybe it could be supplied on the above basis as a plan addition, at a $5.00 premium.
*Vista Ultimate* Billion,7402GL &TP-Link,D-W8920G <Atten(dB)42 @1.9 km>; HTC Kaiser II, WM6; Pre-paid RP2000 (Optus)
200GB@3.1Mbps,$60pm Zone 1+ 2X H-Line Budget; WP Saver VoIP._ 220.233.165.22x; $3,450 revenue: 5 years club.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 5922
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:24 pm
Location: Melbourne, VIC

Re: 12 Hour 'Off Peak' Now For New ADSL2 Plans

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:35 am

Yoshi_900 wrote:hey guys,

i thought the whole reason for putting the time to 2am for off peak was to fix the problem with bandwidth at 12 midnight... wont shifting the time back to 12 midnight just reproduce the problem?
The unlimited + 12 hour off-peak discussions seem to be contingent on some new bandwidth deals (the exact details of which are not provided). So, presumably, this would mitigate the midnight congestion issue

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: 12 Hour 'Off Peak' Now For New ADSL2 Plans

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:37 am

Yoshi_900 wrote:hey guys,

i thought the whole reason for putting the time to 2am for off peak was to fix the problem with bandwidth at 12 midnight... wont shifting the time back to 12 midnight just reproduce the problem?
You should look at the MRTG reports for your location.

Post Reply